You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   Girl Talk
Wild Weasel Oct 1 2008, 6:16pm

Achievements: 0

<--quoteo(post=234212:date=Oct 2 2008, 10:18 AM:name=Scyyth)-->
QUOTE (Scyyth @ Oct 2 2008, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->But then is the relationship good enough that it outweighs the after effects?

EDIT- Replying to Reaper.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
I've asked that myself many a time. It's called a cost benefit analysis, and very few girls I meet make the grade, sadly.

-------------------------------

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

S64 Oct 1 2008, 6:21pm

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.
Achievements: 12

That's because most girls have too high expectations. There is no Prince Charming...

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

Wild Weasel Oct 1 2008, 6:25pm

I'd say their expectations lean more in the direction of a car, ability to purchase alcohol and a finely honed ability to be very, very stupid with the aforementioned. At least in my neighborhood...but I digress. My point is, look very hard before you leap, because you might not like where you land.

gruntgod112 Oct 1 2008, 6:25pm

Back in Houston, my love life is as empty and dry as (can't think of something dry and empty...)

QUOTE (Geo.c Ghost @ Oct 13 2008, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Edit:
Fixed a typo where I hit 'n' while typing cut <_<

Scyyth Oct 1 2008, 6:26pm

I wish humans had evolved sufficiently that we no longer had emotions, just logic. Or even better, that we could transfer our minds into robot bodies. Then we would be stronger, faster, have more computing power, no need for food or sleep, and best of all, no need for several emotions, especially love. I hate emotions.

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat..."

Reaper195 Oct 1 2008, 6:26pm

Achievements: 18

<--quoteo(post=234211:date=Oct 1 2008, 04:18 PM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Oct 1 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Since when did arguing with forum rules and moderators become okay?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

1902, Russian Revolution....I think. And it wasn't arguing, t'was discussion. Arguing would have involved insults, mothers and a glass of thirty year old whiskey.

<--quoteo(post=234212:date=Oct 1 2008, 04:18 PM:name=Scyyth)-->
QUOTE (Scyyth @ Oct 1 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->But then is the relationship good enough that it outweighs the after effects?

EDIT- Replying to Reaper.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

.....touche.

<--quoteo(post=234246:date=Oct 1 2008, 05:21 PM:name=64)-->
QUOTE (64 @ Oct 1 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->That's because most girls have too high expectations. There is no Prince Charming...<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

It's gotten to the point where I no longer care about anyones expectations.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

squattingb
Oct 1 2008, 6:55pm

Achievements: 24

Why do you guys treat a relationship as some kind of deal that you're looking to get something out of? If that's what you're looking for then your heart is not in the right place and any relationship you treat with that perspective will VERY likely not work out and you'll spend the next month after breakup thinking "relationships suck, they're not worth it, what good are they anyway, blah blah blah". I'm sorry but if you're comparing a relationship to its aftereffects, that just means you're expecting to breakup, why would you hold that in your thoughts going into a relationship? And don't give me the "being realistic" crap, if you want a relationship to work and be great, you can, you just need to work for it and be willing to make compromises, if your relationship fails, there's not much else out there to blame except for yourself (with exceptions).

^a discussion is an argument when two opposing opinions are provided with a party supporting either side. It doesn't have to be a negative argument but disputing forum rules is not an option.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Scyyth Oct 1 2008, 7:07pm

I know a relationship can work, but it can also fail. Is it worth the risk that it could fail?

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat..."

Wild Weasel Oct 1 2008, 7:10pm

<--quoteo(post=234273:date=Oct 2 2008, 11:55 AM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Oct 2 2008, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Why do you guys treat a relationship as some kind of deal that you're looking to get something out of? If that's what you're looking for then your heart is not in the right place and any relationship you treat with that perspective will VERY likely not work out and you'll spend the next month after breakup thinking "relationships suck, they're not worth it, what good are they anyway, blah blah blah". I'm sorry but if you're comparing a relationship to its aftereffects, that just means you're expecting to breakup, why would you hold that in your thoughts going into a relationship? And don't give me the "being realistic" crap, if you want a relationship to work and be great, you can, you just need to work for it and be willing to make compromises, if your relationship fails, there's not much else out there to blame except for yourself (with exceptions).

^a discussion is an argument when two opposing opinions are provided with a party supporting either side. It doesn't have to be a negative argument but disputing forum rules is not an option.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Well call me an asshole SB, but I DO expect something out of a relationship. Respect, understanding, maturity and fun to being with. And if that makes my breakup with someone my fault, well then I'll happily bear the blame, thanks very much. And being realistic is not crap. Maybe things work differently where you are, but in my humble experience, most college relationships are measured in months. And I don't mind working for a relationship, but that's a two way street as well. If they won't reciprocate, then my choice is clear.

squattingb
Oct 1 2008, 7:16pm

I wasn't referring to those kind of experiences, of course we all want and get respect, understanding, maturity etc... out of relationships, but those are things that benefit both people. Seeing as there are both men and women on this board, I was referring to both, but obviously mainly to the men here. Breakups are natural and it's fine, of course there are reasons for it and such but I really don't think that it's okay to be constantly complaining about not wanting to get into a relationship just because you dread what's going to happen when it ends. You have to look at what's infront of you before you look at what's ahead.

How woud you know what a relationship is going to be like until you get into it? Each is unique and each has its own challenges and pleasures. You need to work through those challenges and learn the lessons that are taught in those relationships rather than avoiding them as a whole just so you don't have to suffer a bit if and when the relationship is over.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Scyyth Oct 1 2008, 7:17pm

Um, if something is in front of you, isn't it ahead of you, and vise versa?

squattingb
Oct 1 2008, 7:25pm

Further down the road, in the future... call it whatever you want. I think you get my meaning. I'm sorry if my choice of words isn't so clear but I didn't think that was something to get hung up about.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Scyyth Oct 1 2008, 7:28pm

No, it was clear, its just a habit. Sorry.

grunty_thirst Oct 1 2008, 7:36pm

Achievements: 15

<--quoteo(post=234246:date=Oct 2 2008, 08:21 AM:name=64)-->
QUOTE (64 @ Oct 2 2008, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->That's because most girls have too high expectations. There is no Prince Charming...<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
*cough*

Are you sure? sleep.gif

happy.gif

Um as for the relationship bit...well, most of it's already been said. It's part of life and such but I doubt if there are any stronger emotions that we expose ourselves to in a relationship than at any other time in our lives...that I do know. mellow.gif

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Reaper195 Oct 1 2008, 8:12pm

Achievements: 18

<--quoteo(post=234273:date=Oct 1 2008, 04:55 PM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Oct 1 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Why do you guys treat a relationship as some kind of deal that you're looking to get something out of?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

If you love someone, you expect to be loved back.

<--quoteo(post=234282:date=Oct 1 2008, 05:36 PM:name=grunty_thirst)-->
QUOTE (grunty_thirst @ Oct 1 2008, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->*cough*

Are you sure? sleep.gif<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes. She is. And it's a fact too.

>>

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

gruntgod112 Oct 1 2008, 8:35pm

I don't know, i think I'm pretty charming.

Would my mom lie to me?

Edit:

S64 Oct 1 2008, 8:39pm

Yes. She says she loves you, doesn't she?

If you love someone, you expect to be loved back.-Reaper

That's just stupid.

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.

-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

gruntgod112 Oct 1 2008, 8:41pm

And THAT wasn't very nice...

Edit:

squattingb
Oct 1 2008, 8:42pm

<--quoteo(post=234288:date=Oct 1 2008, 08:12 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Oct 1 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->If you love someone, you expect to be loved back.

Yes. She is. And it's a fact too.

>><--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I would think that's an inherent part of going into a relationship and something that grows stronger as you continue one. If they didn't love you back, would you be going into the relationship in the first place?

I was referring to personal gains and benefits that you want to get and the relationship is just a tool to attain those things.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

S64 Oct 1 2008, 8:42pm

I know. Something's wrong with me. I can't stop.

-Scar

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Fish (27)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List