You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   What's on your mind? How are you feeling today?
spartan117 May 13 2014, 11:43pm

Achievements: 16

Wow, people still posting. Im really thankful this site is still up. It's like a history book.

I know. Posts are few and far between these days. Honestly, the site may as well be dead. Which is kinda depressing. All of my pre-teen to young adult years are pretty much chronicled here. It really blows my mind when I realize I joined up in 2005, almost a decade ago.

-------------------------------

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

ukilledkenny7 May 14 2014, 8:43am

Achievements: 3

Wow, people still posting. Im really thankful this site is still up. It's like a history book.

I know. Posts are few and far between these days. Honestly, the site may as well be dead. Which is kinda depressing. All of my pre-teen to young adult years are pretty much chronicled here. It really blows my mind when I realize I joined up in 2005, almost a decade ago.

I guess feel lucky. About every other great machinima community of the past is long gone, and impossible to look through old posts, including HaloGrid, HaloUnion, etc.

squattingb
May 21 2014, 9:04am

Achievements: 24

Well, hit Ctrl+S and save everything lol.

But this site will be up for quite a while I think... I try to check back often and perform my moderating duties.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

spartan117 Jun 11 2014, 7:20pm

You know, it's really quite amazing when I think back to what made me join this community. Back in the good old days of coming home from school and firing up Halo PC and just playing it all day long, sometimes with friends, other times with my dad. It was some pretty awesome stuff, and it really tugs at the heart when I fire up Halo PC and still see highly active servers. Definitely takes me back to posting like an idiot on the Internet and acting like I knew things when I really had no idea what I was even talking about. I also vividly recall making quite a lot of posts stuffed to the brim with unnecessary ellipses (you know....stuff like this...lol....i dont even know why i did this stupid shit....what was wrong with me).

In any case, I just thought I'd drop in again and reminisce. Thinking back to it all, it really was something, wasn't it? It's such a shame that most of the other community members have left or outright forgotten this place. I just can't believe that after all these years, Nerrolken is still paying for the domain privileges and hosting to keep this seemingly dead forum alive. That gives me some hope that he's just working on breathing new life into his community, but somehow I find that unlikely at this point in time. Just realizing that the NINE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of the first episode of the Codex was just a few months ago is mind blowing alone. And a year from now, it will have been TEN YEARS. Most forums and communities don't even stay active that long. Granted, this one isn't that active, but people still come and go on occasion. Most other communities turn into 404 pages a couple of years in.

It just blows my mind. Seriously. I just find it so difficult to comprehend that nine years ago I was registering to this forum. I was in the seventh grade. I graduated high school in 2011. And here I am, an adult, working my way into college. My teenage years are basically chronicled right here on this forum, and you know what? There's no bloody search function! That's the only thing I hated about the switch from IPB to Trajan.

And that's my two cents. I'll probably drop in here again in a couple of months.

squattingb
Jun 11 2014, 9:47pm

Yeah, lots of great memories here.

There is a search function, it works decently.

You can search posts and type your username as the search criteria:

Search

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Nick Jul 27 2014, 11:40pm

Achievements: 9

I was reminiscing today about forum-based communities I used to be part of and of course this one stuck out in my mind. It sounds crazy but I feel bad for not being active anymore. When I think about 14 year-old me discovering The Codex (and thus my love for machinima) it blows my mind to think that seven years have passed and I'm an almost completely different person today. But between travelling, partying, being stuck at home, serving in the Army, etc. I always remember to pay respect to my roots as a geeky kid with nothing to do but explore the internet. I know it sounds dramatic to feel so strongly about an internet forum but hey, that's just the effect this community, and others like it, have had on me.

Live from purgatory!

squattingb
Jul 28 2014, 6:40pm

You know it's weird to realize that you're younger than me... we interact all the time on facebook but I always figured you were older .

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Nick Jul 28 2014, 9:41pm

Yeeep I'm one of the younger ones on this forum. I only joined the forums in 2007 right before The Heretic took off. I would love to talk to myself back then as I am now. It's hard to think that we'd be the same person lol.

Live from purgatory!

squattingb
Jul 29 2014, 12:34am

nah none of us are, even year by year, we changed a lot I'm sure.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Nick Jul 29 2014, 9:24pm

I'm sure, I went back and saw some of my older posts and cringed lol

Live from purgatory!

squattingb
Jul 30 2014, 1:39am

everyone is getting too damn old

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

MasterChief2829 Aug 6 2014, 1:56am

Achievements: 8

I haven't been here in years and I don't know if anyone is still left that remembers or cares but I got to get it off my chest. There was a time when I posted some dumb conspiracy topic on 9/11 and I'd just like to apologize. I was in middle school at the time and fell hook line and sinker into crap like that. It was only a short time before I got out of that phase and the reality of it all sank in and absolutely devastated me emotionally but every anniversary or anytime 9/11 is brought up or I see more footage I cringe at my past regarding it. I'm not sure what exactly but I know I posted some garbage conspiracy material or discussion here before and I'm just really sorry... I hate it when I come across that stuff and I'm ashamed that was me for a little while.

Well, it's been a long ass time and it's cool to see this place is still running. I was surprised my login even worked hah. I'm pretty stoked for the Master Chief collection... my Xbox One has just been collecting dust (won it through the Mountain Dew thing buy buying a combination of stuff that ended up being a lot cheaper, no way I was paying $500 for one yet) but I'm so ready to tear into classic Halo multiplayer on Xbox Live.

I hope things are going well for the folks at Edgeworks! Doesn't look like anything has really been going on on this site in particular but I wish you all the best!

squattingb
Aug 15 2014, 10:21pm

Hey MC , nice to see you again.

Don't worry about those old posts, we were all pretty dumb and silly back then.

I'm excited for the master chief collection too! Gonna be AWESOME.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Aug 21 2014, 7:41pm

Achievements: 18

Thought I'd come back and read some old posts.

It's been nearly a year since my last post, but probably longer than that since I had some legit activity on here. Life has certainly taken a few changes. My best friend is now married and I'm Godfather to their two children, I'm working full-time at an amazing business that keeps growing every month and am currently the manager of that branch, I'm still driving an incredibly crap looking car because I decided to spend a few grand getting the interior renovated/replaced so my ancient looking 1989 Nissan Cefiro is more on par with a mid 2000's car, played the shit out of the PS4 and I'm just waiting for the MC collection and a Halo themed XBone before I get one.

Life has been pretty good the last two years, and although I remember this place a little less and less often, it's still there...gnawing in a dark recess of my mind. It's good to see that a couple of members come back here occasionally, but I get the feeling we're on the slowest sinking Titanic ever. And I would like to be one of the few that is still holding onto the rail as the final dry part of that ship goes under.

Unless Alex keeps this forum up forever, irrelevant if no one has been active in a decade.

So....anyone played XCOM: Enemy Within recently? Fun game, amirite?

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

spartan117 Aug 21 2014, 8:49pm

Thought I'd come back and read some old posts.

It's been nearly a year since my last post, but probably longer than that since I had some legit activity on here. Life has certainly taken a few changes. My best friend is now married and I'm Godfather to their two children, I'm working full-time at an amazing business that keeps growing every month and am currently the manager of that branch, I'm still driving an incredibly crap looking car because I decided to spend a few grand getting the interior renovated/replaced so my ancient looking 1989 Nissan Cefiro is more on par with a mid 2000's car, played the shit out of the PS4 and I'm just waiting for the MC collection and a Halo themed XBone before I get one.

Life has been pretty good the last two years, and although I remember this place a little less and less often, it's still there...gnawing in a dark recess of my mind. It's good to see that a couple of members come back here occasionally, but I get the feeling we're on the slowest sinking Titanic ever. And I would like to be one of the few that is still holding onto the rail as the final dry part of that ship goes under.

Unless Alex keeps this forum up forever, irrelevant if no one has been active in a decade.

So....anyone played XCOM: Enemy Within recently? Fun game, amirite?

Enemy Within is fantastic. Love the hell out of that game. Loved Enemy Unknown just as much. Best part about EW is rocket punching Mectoids in the face. Never gets old.

Reaper195 Aug 22 2014, 6:45am

Achievements: 18

Or seeing a bunch of dudes bunched together hiding behind a wall. "Hmm, these guys don't seem to be on fire. Left me fix that."

Also, whoever at Firaxis that designed the Sectopod certainly has a special place in hell. Right beside whoever decided to make it even harder in EW. Dat insta Overwatch bollocks.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

squattingb
Aug 23 2014, 1:08am

Good to hear all the good news for you Reaper, pretty awesome!

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

JoeIce Sep 6 2014, 8:24pm

Achievements: 12

Well, well, well... This place still going!! Well Damn! At this moment I have a bad mouth infection from having a tooth pulled. This is why your parents reminded you kids to brush your teeth, so they don't drop out and/or rot your skull!! SO I have time to kill before the painkillers kick in and render me useless to the world... more so then normal >_<

So its been over a year since my last post and my life has been filled with ups and downs. Spent 4months fighting to get my income benefits restored after a medical review decide I was good to work even though I can't leave the house without holding someones hand or concentrate on work for more then 20mins without freaking out/losing concentration. Got that fixed

Had to sell my family home of almost 30years and moved into a fantastic house where I get a whole floor to myself (still leaving with the grandma!!) and a workshop to build cool props and armor all day long. Smaller house so easier to upkeep and look after. Also killed off the mortgage! Also took more control over the Halo Cosplay UK community I help build over the last two years and we seem to be doing pretty well! I think!!

So yea, life was looking pretty crappy the last year but in the last 2months, things have started to turn round. There has been a ton of other bad things happen (losing friends, hope and depression) but now, just gotta keep it crawling forwards!

Yes, thats right... I'm that British-Video-Code-Monkey that has more time then sence...

squattingb
Sep 7 2014, 1:17am

Really good to hear that things are turning around Joe

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Zukan Sep 7 2014, 7:47am

Achievements: 13

Glad to see people are back once again, and also getting their lives in order. I've been through some ups and downs aswell. A lot of strange happenings this year, got a job in the industry I always wanted to be in, realized it wasn't for me at all, then resigned to go follow my real passion once again. Met the man who inspired me to change my life 5 years ago, and now I'm off to new adventures. It's a bit like coming full circle, the journey continues onwards onto new horizons.

Be brave and follow your passions, don't give in to pessimism, fear or people who don't believe in you. Take a leap of faith and go for your dreams. It's the best decision I ever made in my life.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
lilvision07 (26), Sp4rTaN117 (28)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List