You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   What's on your mind? How are you feeling today?
Scar Jan 5 2014, 10:21am

Achievements: 12

Damn, after I stopped using FB May have to blow the dust off my profile again soon, then.

-------------------------------

S64 Jan 14 2014, 5:18am

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.

I just remembered this place after such a long time. I saw Geo's goodbye and I don't want to ape his idea, but I do want to say...

I'm sorry I just vanished. Multiple times, truly. I know that I was a later member, I think I joined during the Heretic days, so I showed up when the forum was in decline, but man, I had fun here.

Grunty, Reaper, Spazbro, Muffin, Aglor, Scar, Squatting, Trumpetman, Sneaky, Fish, and I'm sure a hundred I'm forgetting, you were all dear friends.

I will continue to try to pop in here, but I think the last time I showed up was two years ago, so...

Know that I cherished these times and I still think of you guys much more often than I visit.

-Alex, 64

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

Scar Jan 14 2014, 10:25am

Pardon my french for a minute, but holy fucknuggets, it's 64! I was just wondering about you the other day, how have things been?

spartan117 Jan 17 2014, 8:08pm

Achievements: 16

So, some interesting news on the job front.

Pretty sure my boss is completely screwing me on my hours. By that I mean I think he's been deliberately altering my punch in/punch out times. A few weeks ago he went ahead and paid everybody for the last two days of 2013 (Monday and Tuesday) to get it out of the way and start work on the new quarter, which is perfectly fine.

Naturally, those two days were excluded from my most recent paycheck. Which is also fine.

HOWEVER, two weeks ago my area was hit with a torrent of snow, which caused a lot of problems for the business. I had to come in late that Monday, and Mondays are always the longest hours for me (12). I made up for it, however. I worked a lot of 10 hour shifts that week, staying till 7:00-7:30 PM almost every day, with the exception of maybe one.

On my most recent paycheck, my hours do NOT add up with the hours from the two days he paid for 2013. My hours for the last two days of 2013 come up to 21.3. My hours on my last pay stub come up to 56.

56+21.3 does not even go over 80 hours, and I know for a fact I squeezed in at least 5 to 6 hours of overtime. Even though it technically wouldn't count as overtime, as I'd be under 80 hours, that extra 5 or 6 hours should have been included on my last pay stub, and they aren't.

What's even more concerning about all of this is that one of my co-workers came in late on Tuesday last pay period, and didn't even come in on Wednesday, and her pay stub says 55 hours. How does that make any sense? I was there every day working over, and she was late one day and missed an entire day, yet I have one more hour than she does.

I'm keeping a personal log of my hours now. If I see any inconsistencies on my next pay stub, I'm definitely going to file a lawsuit.

EDIT
Oh yeah, I should also mention that my boss decided to switch around my schedule, basically enabling me to snag any overtime I want. My new schedule is now 12 hours Monday and Tuesday, and pretty much whatever I desire for the rest of the week, within reason. So, really, I'll pretty much always have some overtime on my paycheck, even after lunch breaks.

When my boss was talking to me about changing around my schedule, he straight up told me "I don't like paying time-and-a-half." To which I replied "You can give me the straight $10 rate if you can't manage $15 an hour for any overtime." Now, I didn't actually agree to anything. I just proposed the idea because I understand if money is tight for him, I'm willing to be reasonable.

He explained to me that there's a "legal" way to do it, but I'm pretty damn sure it's not legal in any way, shape, or form. My coworker informed me that she was on the same exact setup not too long ago, and it screwed up a lot of things. Basically, every payday my boss adjusts her pay appropriately for any overtime/etc, and the end result is a convoluted mess of how much money my boss owes her, and how much money my coworker owes our boss.

I don't know about you guys but that sounds really fucking illegal. It's straight-up ILLEGAL to adjust pay rate, with the exception of raises. It's also illegal to NOT pay time-and-a-half.

On my next paycheck, if I see overtime pay but it's not time-and-a-half, I'm definitely going to have a chat with him. I never signed or agreed to anything, I just said "Well let's work something out". Before I do anything remotely close to having my pay adjusted like that and getting involved in a huge financial mess, I want that shit in writing.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

squattingb
Jan 18 2014, 4:46pm

Achievements: 24

It's all very illegal, you might need to read the labour laws to get the specifics but what he's trying to pull is not legal at all. Hope you're able to get your stuff sorted out soon.

Also, good to hear from you s64

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

grunty_thirst Jan 19 2014, 8:29am

Achievements: 15

I just remembered this place after such a long time. I saw Geo's goodbye and I don't want to ape his idea, but I do want to say...

I'm sorry I just vanished. Multiple times, truly. I know that I was a later member, I think I joined during the Heretic days, so I showed up when the forum was in decline, but man, I had fun here.

Grunty, Reaper, Spazbro, Muffin, Aglor, Scar, Squatting, Trumpetman, Sneaky, Fish, and I'm sure a hundred I'm forgetting, you were all dear friends.

I will continue to try to pop in here, but I think the last time I showed up was two years ago, so...

Know that I cherished these times and I still think of you guys much more often than I visit.

-Alex, 64

I assumed you vanished to some more exotic place in the world...or Mars, was hard to tell.

Really though, fantastic to hear from you again Alex. I remember there was a good period when we were all active for a while and talked a great deal both on the boards and off, so hope you are well wherever you are now

As a random drop-in time for me, here's a little update. I've moved up to Melbourne (dont know when I last posted here, so I THINK this is new news lol) so I'm inching closer to sole independence. December went by painfully slow, managing a couple of jobs at once took its toll so I was glad to get through Christmas and New Years. I'm still working a restaurant gig in my hometown til I land something in Melbourne so its a bit of up and back, but I was expecting as much. The current job isnt hard and pays fine for what it is to cover the basics but I need something more stimulating, so fingers crossed I find...whatever it is I want over the next month or two.

I am getting a little tired of answering the 'so what area are you trying to get into?' question, and still not really knowing just where and what that is. Besides that I'm pretty good, feeling and looking better, healthier...just need to extend that to actual physical exercise now (or so goes the plan) lol

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

spartan117 Feb 9 2014, 5:10am

Wow, it's been nine years, huh?

DAYUM

Trumpetman09
Feb 9 2014, 12:48pm

Achievements: 25

Wow, it's been nine years, huh?

DAYUM

Hard to believe, huh? It doesn't even seem that long ago that I came home from school and there's new Heretic episodes up. It's amazing how time really does fly, but those are good memories. Memories that I'll always cherish.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Scar Feb 9 2014, 6:52pm

Christ, we're old.

RvB_Private_Caboose Feb 10 2014, 12:39pm

Achievements: 11

Man, it's been so long since I stopped by. I still remember this place and think of it from time to time.. 9 years old is ancient in internet time. I have so many fun memories of this forum

"challenge yourself and to hell with the system" -Gaia

Status:Life is hard, but I'm attempting to ignore it via baking. It's a good stress relief. Also, who I am has changed dramatically over the years. Just a heads up. 6/4/2011

squattingb
Feb 10 2014, 5:47pm

yeah can't believe I'm still alive... what?

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Cyborg Feb 21 2014, 11:47pm

Achievements: 9

Glad you're still alive, Mr. Bear. I'm still alive, too.

squattingb
Feb 24 2014, 10:31am

Yay

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Trumpetman09
Feb 27 2014, 3:00am

Achievements: 25

yeah can't believe I'm still alive... what?

....wait, then whose funeral was I at?...whoops. Certainly explains the surprised faces on that family....and also why they were all from Mexico.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Aglor Mar 18 2014, 5:28pm

Achievements: 20

So it's been a long-ass time. In my defense, I'm in Germany teaching (student teaching/internship-ish stuff) at an American airbase. I've got a World History course (general, not honors) and it's going well so far. I can give more details if you'd all like them. I spent the weekend in Ireland (Saint Patrick's of course) and have spent a good amount of time traveling around Germany and the nearby areas. If anyone is going to be around Italy in a couple of weeks (early April) we should get together and meet up! I'll be on my Spring Break and I'll be damned if my students interrupt that.

Anyway, how's everyone doing here? I recently re-watched the Codex and got incredibly nostalgic. I miss you guys.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

spartan117 Mar 18 2014, 9:59pm

So it's been a long-ass time. In my defense, I'm in Germany teaching (student teaching/internship-ish stuff) at an American airbase. I've got a World History course (general, not honors) and it's going well so far. I can give more details if you'd all like them. I spent the weekend in Ireland (Saint Patrick's of course) and have spent a good amount of time traveling around Germany and the nearby areas. If anyone is going to be around Italy in a couple of weeks (early April) we should get together and meet up! I'll be on my Spring Break and I'll be damned if my students interrupt that.

Anyway, how's everyone doing here? I recently re-watched the Codex and got incredibly nostalgic. I miss you guys.

Oh wow, some activity here. I'm glad to hear that you've gotten to where you are. It must feel pretty satisfying to be able to really catch up with your dreams and aspirations. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I'll be stuck where I am for at least a few more years. The idea of being a 20 year old young American with two generations worth of debt under my belt doesn't sound very appealing.

SMJ Mar 22 2014, 8:41am

Achievements: 11

It's been a long time, and I also randomly felt the desire to take a look at what was happening on the Edgeworks Forums. I had a pretty good time with all of you while the forum was more active; especially in the Off-Topic section where I spent most of my time. A quick update on what's changed since I've been away:

I joined the military as an intelligence analyst, and currently resting as a Staff Sergeant. I've worked with drones (MQ-1 & MQ-9), special operations, and done a lot of really awesome work around the world -- everything from hunt/kill bad guys to hostage rescue operations. I'm currently deployed, doing what I would normally call "traditional intel", which mostly consists of the incredibly boring work I'd tell someone to do if I wanted them to go home and suck-start an M-9 at the end of the day; but, I'm trying not to count the days before I get back to my lovely wife and our two beautiful children -- a son and a daughter (who will be turning 3 while I'm out here). And that's pretty much the cliff-notes version.

-- Steve

Sex is like a velociraptor : despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, unlikely to be found in your house.

squattingb
Mar 29 2014, 11:08pm

Steven, you're so damn old, with your marrying and the kids-ing.

Aglor, that sounds like some pretty amazing opportunities! How old are the students you're teaching? If you're on a base is it like the kids of the deployed families there?

S117, your only option is to win the lottery! That's what we all hope for

As for me... I'm working as a developer/IT/everything person within my department at CIBC (Canadian bank), I'm the only one that can fill my role so at least I have job security. I'm still in the middle of my application to the Canadian Forces but given their recent pull-out from Afghanistan, I think hiring is slowly down even though I still see recruitment posters everywhere. I'm sure that regular infantry get in pretty quick but I'm applying for Engineer Officer positions so that might take a long long time... in the meantime I'm just working this job as a place-holder, I might look for a new one during the summer because I do feel like I've milked all I can out of this current one. That being said, it's great money so I don't want to part with that until I have to.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Zukan Apr 18 2014, 8:39am

Achievements: 13

Aglor where in germany are you? I work there now in Hamburg, drawing concepts for games. I know there's an american airbase nearby...

ukilledkenny7 May 13 2014, 11:19am

Achievements: 3

Wow, people still posting. Im really thankful this site is still up. It's like a history book.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
lilvision07 (26), Sp4rTaN117 (28)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List