You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   Geo Ghost's departure
Geo Ghost Nov 5 2013, 3:12pm

Achievements: 15

Ladies, Gentleman, members, fellow codexians, my allies, my team mates... my friends.

Around 7-8 years ago, I started the following topic. My first topic, my first post.
http://www.edgeworksent.com/forum/index.php?page=showthread&threadid=682

What can I say? It has been quite a right since then! First thing I've noticed is my massive improvement in spelling/grammar/punctuation since those early days.
Guys, and girls alike, I cannot even express how it has been. An epic journey from start to end.
I'm sorry to say it but I did indeed say it. To the end. My journey on these old holy lands has come to an end. It has been on my mind on and off for a long time. I keep trying to pop back in and get into the flow, but there's really nothing here for me any more. Nothing that pulls me back like the days with The Codex and The Heretic. Thus with a heavy heart, I am retiring from the Edgeworks forum. It is time for me to say in writing that I am moving on, rather than simply wait till I disappear from the forums indefinitely without a word.

To you all, it's been fantastic. We've had good times and bad, some great laughs and some great sadness. We've shared our thoughts, our troubles, and ideas, our very souls with each other. We've all supported each other and been there. We've set a benchmark of what a true online community not only is, but what it means. We've gamed together, we've chatted, we've watched shows and listened to music together. We've shared barraks and we've shared foxholes. We've shed tears and shed blood together. But I would not have you all remember what we have done... but remember why we have done it- wait, going off on something there. Damit nostalgia!

But any way, you see what I mean. We've been through a lot, and over the years we have unfortunately lost some members to the fabric and black hole of time. Some still pop back, some are still around, and others have followed their own path probably never to return. Unfortunately, I will be in the latter. However, I will not simply disappear into the bleakness of a void. I wanted to say.. well quite a few words now.

To you all... each and every single one of you. All of you guys here I've had the pleasure to know over the years...
Thank you! Thank you so much for the best part of a decade.
Thank you for being such a brilliant bunch of people.
Thank you for being there when I needed people to talk to.
Thank you for welcoming me into the community.
Thank you for welcoming others into the community and becoming bigger.
Thank you for all the things we have done.
Thank you for the amazing times and laughs we've had.
Thank you for being one of the friendliest and warmest places I've ever come across - online and real world!
Thank you for everything. You are all such amazing people.
Thank you... for being such great friends. Even if it is online, that does not matter. Thank you for being friends. Never change who you are.

SBear, Grunty Thirst, TomB, Gaia, Rescudo, NaveeGunner, Of Doom, SirhcHavok, Fish, Spartan 117, Zukan, JoeIce, Scar, Sneaky, Old Sarge McCla, Nee, Eza, Rearanged, DeadHawk, Reaper, Trance, Disease, SSTwinRova, Muffin King, Icarus, Sparx, Correct7, Harpar, Cyborg, Ghost Jake, JadedTarget, UrbanLT, Aglor, RMcDowell, ChickenYoda, SMJ, Wild Weasel, S64, TrumpetMan... and I can't view the rest because the list won't go long enough. Yes, I had to rely on a members list there!
But to name everyone... I'll be here all night.

But to all you guys, listed and though lost in the off-topic section somewhere... thank you so much for all these years! 99% of you aren't around any more I know, but still... let this be said. THANK YOU!

Apart from that though, there are some who deserve an even bigger thanks. These are some of the guys we owe so, SO much to.
Alex 'Nerrolken' Winn... Ryan 'drelnathi' Luther, and Meghan 'EymberFyire' Foster.
I know there are more of you, but over time I've since lost track of who is who.

You guys created this universe... The Codex universe. You did something you wanted to do and you created a huge fanbase. You've looked after us all and given us somewhere to communicate. You are the guys responsible for creating this community in the first place. Without any of you, without the Codex... odds are most of us never would have met!
I don't think anyone here has ever said it big enough before. No one ever will. We all owe so much to you guys for what you've done and what you've created.
Thank you Team Edgeworks.. thank you so much for creating something which has pulled people from around the world together in one of the greatest communities. Although time has since taken its toll on this place, you should all hold your heads high and proud for what you have achieved.
Edgeworks, my hat comes off to you. I've had to put on a had to do that, but I did it. Thank you so, SO very much for a fantastic number of years here and some brilliant entertainment.

As some final notes... and this is for you all.
I wish you all the best of luck in life. I really hope you all enjoy yourselves and do what it is you want. Career, ambitions, hobbies, families, love... what ever it is. I wish you the very best from deep in my heart.
BUT... for gods sake promise me this. If any of you have dreams... things you aspire to be or want to aim for... for gods sake please please please... FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! Too many people just leave their dreams as dreams these days. So many just get stuck in a job, not even a career with a "Sod it. It's money ain't it?" attitude. It is so sad to see.
Be proud of yourselves! Follow your dreams! Live life to the full and enjoy every moment of it.
To you all, have a wonderful future.

Hopefully someday a few of us may cross paths. Myself and JoeIce have met a few times. Grunty (Kim), I hope very much to meet you someday lad! Same with a lot of you =) Whether we will or not is another question, but it would be incredible to do so.

Don't worry though, I'm still easily contactable.
Facebook, email, Skype, other forums etc. I'll put some links below.

As for my future, I'm following my dreams.
Since I was a young, young lad (We're talking 4-6 years of age here) I've been fascinated by trains. I always wanted to be a driver when I was younger.
During secondary school though, I lost that interest due to mass amounts of bullying and a rather rubbish time in general for many years.
Then at College, it all came back to me. I regained what I had lost and my passion for the railways was rekindled. However it begun to change. It went from being an interest to something much much more. It was something I wanted to be a part of. Then suddenly, my dreams returned... a driver. A train driver on the railways. That's what I wanted to do, that's what I still want to do and more importantly... that is what I AM going to do!
I'm currently working on the railways as of the time typing this as platform staff, part time. It's an entry level, but it's a hand on the ladder. And I will fulfil my dream and enjoy it all.

I say this now to let you all know what I'm doing, but also to emphasise what I said before. Follow your dreams! Follow your passions and interests. Be proud of what you do or at least do your best and make something to be proud of.

So everyone, I will leave it there.
Thank you again, so much. I wish your futures be the very best they can be.

My kindest regards, my thanks, and my wishes with you all.
Keep on rockin' chaps. Keep on rocking!

-Richard, Geo Ghost

Contact me still:
Facebook: /richard.camp
Email: (For security, use other contact means)

-------------------------------
Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

- The Edgeworks Forum resident Brony

squattingb
Nov 5 2013, 3:41pm

Achievements: 24

I'm glad you're able to pursue your dreams and do something that you love, it is incredibly awesome. We'll miss you around here but as always, we'll be in touch.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Sneaky
Nov 5 2013, 3:49pm

Achievements: 17

It is pretty cool sting the different train and rail pictures you out up

QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Feb 25 2007, 12:05 AM )
You definitely get the "I tried hardest to sponsor" award!
I have lost friends, some by death... others through sheer inability to cross the street.
  - Virginia Woolf

Reaper195 Nov 6 2013, 1:38am

Achievements: 18

Good bye, you beautiful bastard.

In the end, we all have to move on with life. It certainly has been a great fair few years.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Scar Nov 6 2013, 10:24am

Achievements: 12

Oh God, these feelings

You will most certainly be missed, but best of luck in all your future endeavors, man! You're right, it's so rare to see people follow through on their dreams and ambitions, so major congrats for following yours.

Goodbye, Geo. Thanks for sticking with us this long and for the memories, it's been a great few years. Cheers!

spartan117 Nov 6 2013, 8:51pm

Achievements: 16

goodnight, sweet prince

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

Trumpetman09
Nov 8 2013, 4:05pm

Achievements: 25

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” - J.M. Barrie

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Icarus Nov 23 2013, 3:38am

Achievements: 12

Seeya man. It's been real =P

Make yourself.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List