You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo 3 Skulls
grunty_thirst Sep 26 2007, 11:20pm

Achievements: 15

Ok, well, after me and my friends finished the campaign we remembered that the skulls still needed to be found so we started the campaign again (on leg of course) and so far we found the first two...Im not saying where yet (u gotta find out for yourselves! ) but they're not too hard to find.

By the third level we just ended up senselessly killing ourselves whilst still playing through the campaign....god knows how...anyway, post up what you found and where!

Heres what I got so far:

Blind – Shoot from the hip.
Level: Sierra 117
Effect: Removes HUD.
Location: [spoil]After the first phantom (very start of level) drops its troops (a brute and some grunts) move to the right of the river/pond, towards the cliff edge, the skull will be on a rock ledge bellow you, relatively easy to see.[/spoil]

Black-eye – Bash your way to better health.
Level: Sierra 117
Effect: Use melee attacks to gain back your shield (does not create an over-shield) NOTE: Shield does not self-regenerate
Location: [spoil]This skull is found at the end of the level, not far from where Johnson was being held captive. To reach it, just before a small flight of stairs, close to the water, are a series of objects you need to jump on to then get onto a small ledge, that runs the length of the building (if you are still lost, look above the stairs to a dual-pipeline, follow it back to a box that you can jump onto) Follow the ledge the whole way around until you reach the end, and the skull.[/spoil]

Iron – Death carries a heavy price…
Level: Crow’s Nest
Effect: Returns you to the beginning of level upon death.
Location: [spoil]At the start of the mission, look above you, to a pipe, follow it to the other side of the Ops-Center, towards the closed door. Jump up onto a green shelf (it has two lights either side on it) then onto the orange beam-work, then again onto the pipe. The skull is at the end of the pipe, above Keyes and the computer equipment.[/spoil]

Thunderstorm – Field promotions for everyone!
Level: The Covenant
Effect: Promotes all enemies to their highest rank; Grunts to ‘white-ranked’ and Brutes to ‘gold rank’, etc
Location: [spoil]About half-way through the level you will have the chance to pilot a Hornet. On your way to the third power generator, you will bypass the second. Go to the second generator (you will easily recognise it) and move to the top level, where it looks ‘out’ towards the sea (ie – the way you just came to it)[/spoil]

Tough Luck – Your foes always make every saving throw.
Level: Tsavo Highway
Effect: ??
Location: [spoil]Roughly half-way through the level, just after you come out of a tunnel, a Covenant cruiser will pass over you. To the left of the road you are on, is a large pipeline. Bellow this are support beams, drop down to the very first of these support beams (its practically built into the hillside) move along the narrow outside of this first beam (don’t fall! and to the end of it, that overhangs a near-bottomless pit. To the left will be a rock ledge (you’ll need to jump) with the skull on it.[/spoil]

Catch Skull – Pull pin Count to three. Throw.
Level: The Storm
Effect: Hot Potato! Enemies and Friendlies throw LOTS of grenades!
Location: [spoil]A little less then half-way through the level, you will come back outside with the objective of eliminating an Anti-Air wraith tank (and also a normal wraith tank) DON’T DESTROY THESE TANKS! – The Skull spawns with the tanks; kill the tanks and you lose the skull. However I do suggest you snipe out the turret operators. Ok, clear out the area (try and keep a warthog and a number of ghosts intact- I had the transport hog and 4 ghosts in total here)
Near the A-A wraith there is circular structure that the skull is on. To get up here you have a few options. Find where the ground is highest around the building and try to grenade jump, or park a hog close to the structure and jump up.
I could do neither of these (the wraith tank kept picking me off) so instead I stacked 2 or 3 ghosts together (where the wraith couldn’t see me) and parked a hog ontop of those to create a ramp I could then use to get ontop of the structure. (although have a go at the grenade jump first…save you a lot of time)[/spoil]

Fog – You’ll miss those eyes in the back of your head.
Level: Floodgate
Effect: Lose your motion sensor.
Location: [spoil]At the beginning of the level, make your way back down the hill as normal. Stop when you get near to the missile launcher (there’s a ramp along the road just after the missile) and look to the top of the building that it’s next to. A checkpoint should appear soon; closely followed by a marine saying; “There! Over There!” At this time a single flood form will appear before it jumps off and out of sight. (make sure you are looking up or you will miss it and may confuse it with the TWO flood forms that jump across your view a moment later)
Once you are sure you have the right flood form, you will only have a couple of seconds to shoot it to claim the skull. (wait right before the flood jumps or the skull may drop on the building and not on the ground) Also, the flood may drop the skull in a random direction (not just straight down) so make sure you don’t blink!
This may take a few tries to see this flood and then a few more to get a good drop…lucky it’s at the beginning of the level.[/spoil]

Mythic – Coverage under the Covenant Health Plan.
Level: Halo
Effect: All enemies have double their usual health.
Location: [spoil]Make your way to the control room. Once there, move along the right side of this area as normal to where you start climbing the control room itself. However instead of going up, keep to that right side, hugging the cliff-side and you will then notice a small path leading off to the right, follow it and you will eventually find the skull at the end of the path.[/spoil]

Grunt Birthday Party – Light a match…
Level: Crow’s Nest
Effect: Headshots from grunts create explosions that burst the grunt into confetti, also causing children to shout out “Yay!” in delight.
Location: [spoil]A fair way into the level, you will drop down a hole and into an area of vent-pipes that you will see drones/buggers flying across from one to another in front of you. (I think Cortana may make another of her random comments here too) At the end of this area, you are supposed to drop down again to continue the level and meet up with the Arbiter (you should see his indicator by now) Instead, at the ledge that you are meant to jump down, carefully look over the edge and you will see a green arrow facing back the way you came, on a ledge bellow you. Gently lower yourself down onto this ledge. The skull will be in the middle of this small room.[/spoil]

I would have been your daddy – But a dog beat me over the fence.
Level: The Covenant
Effect: Unlocks extra dialogue.
Location: [spoil]At the end of the level, after defeating the two scarabs, make your way to the top of the citadel (343 GS and the Arbiter will be waiting) Inside, there are seven holographic halo rings that run the length of the room. After killing Truth and the flood that turn against you, you must jump through the rings in a particular order to unlock the skull.
1-3-4-6-7-5-4-6-5-4-5-3-4
Make sure you’re going through the rings the right way. 1 is the ring closest to you as you enter the citadel (ie-when you side with the flood) while 7 is the ring closest to Truth, at the end of the room.
If you have done the sequence correctly, the halos will begin to flash one after the other, leading you back to where you killed Truth. The skull will appear ON the bridge leading to Truth.[/spoil]

Famine –
Level: The Ark
Effect: Enemies drop 50% of normal amount of ammo that they carry.
Location: [spoil]A fair way into the level, you will come to the area where the door to the Cartographer is found (the one 343 opens for you) Just before this area however, there is a smaller structure that you pass underneath (after your first visit to the Cartographer door, you go back this way, and will have to take out a couple of ghosts in this area) Grab a Brute Chopper and scale the rock face that leads up to the right-side of the structure (you must keep close to the edge of the rock-face, as there is an invisible wall across part of this rock) Drive the chopper up and onto the structure (may take a few tries) then drive ‘back’ the way you came, along the structure, to the end pillar (there are about 4 of these, you want the end one) You should be able to see the skull, placed on a part of the pillar that sticks out, within some beam-work. Park the chopper close to this out-hanging ledge, and then jump from off the chopper and onto the ledge to claim the skull.[/spoil]

-------------------------------
And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

The Muffin King Sep 26 2007, 11:26pm

Achievements: 12

I've never been able to find skulls in Halo 2 (mainly because they were only on Legendary >.< Kinda glad they put them on normal and heroic levels too biggrin.gif

Signatures are for chumps

tb2571989
Sep 27 2007, 5:10am

Achievements: 17

yeah...me too. gotta catch 'em all. lol

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Aglor Sep 28 2007, 7:35pm

Achievements: 20

I found one by myself, but I wanted that fancy samurai armor for multiplayer (I only have the chest so far) so I looked up a few online. They all seem to be in obvious places, people just think about it too hard. I'll give a hint for anyone that hasn't found it yet: On Tsavo Highway, look for the pipe...

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Trance Sep 28 2007, 9:34pm

Achievements: 14

What are the prerequisites for the Mark V helmet & armor?

drelnathi
Sep 29 2007, 2:36am

Here's a link to a list of the armor prerequisites.

-Ryan Luther
drelnathi

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

The Muffin King Sep 29 2007, 2:46am

Shoot! I went to find the Grunt B-Day Skull and it's not there mad.gif

It's on Normal mode, I started from Rally Point Alpha, got to the ledge I needed to and it's not there! I watched a video of someone doing it and it's there for them but not for me.

Does this mean I can't just start at a Rally Point or something?

drelnathi
Sep 29 2007, 3:34am

The skulls won't spawn if unless you play through the level from the beginning. To make it even more difficult, at least one of the skulls requires you to leave a hostile alive or it despawns.

And then there's the IWHBYD skull, seriously...

-Ryan Luther
drelnathi

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Nick Sep 29 2007, 2:01pm

Achievements: 9

I found the Thunderstorm Skull on The Covenant.

Take a Hornet to the second tower that the Elites cleared out and walk up that big ramp looking thing.

Live from purgatory!

The Muffin King Sep 29 2007, 9:45pm

<--quoteo(post=202845:date=Sep 28 2007, 09:34 PM:name=drelnathi)-->
QUOTE(drelnathi @ Sep 28 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]202845[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
The skulls won't spawn if unless you play through the level from the beginning. To make it even more difficult, at least one of the skulls requires you to leave a hostile alive or it despawns.

And then there's the IWHBYD skull, seriously...
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Okay, thanks Drel. I figured it was something like that. Thanks for clearing that up smile.gif

So what does the IWHBYD skull do?

Aglor Sep 29 2007, 10:22pm

New game dialogue.

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Spazbro Sep 30 2007, 4:16am

Found the Blind Skull in Sierra 117. After you cleared out the enemies near the pond, head right and look for a rock ledge. The skull is in plain sight.

Plus playing with Blind on is one massive b***h to do.

"There is no such thing as a real truth. Just lies, the people who say them and the guns they fire."

Damn you bastards and you're Eastern Hemisphere!

666 posts! Date: Friday 11th of June. Time: 10:08 PM.

Nick Sep 30 2007, 11:23am

I wonder if the Sputnik Skull is in Halo 3. That was always my favorite one.

Sputnik+Grunt Birthday= Weeeee!

Live from purgatory!

Aglor Sep 30 2007, 4:35pm

The IWHBYD skull is taking forever to get. My friend and I spent forever last night trying to get it, jumping through all the rings in the right order. Anyone that has it want to buddy up and help me get it?

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

-Albert Einstein

-Marcus Brigstocke

-Author Unknown

DeadElite Sep 30 2007, 10:41pm

Location: In the void of nothingness of nothingness of its self
Achievements: 0

To get the IWHBYD Skull
[spoil]First take out truth and the flood then jump through the rings in an order i believe is 134675465346 (1 being the first ring your nearest to when you spawn/start) and then the skull will appear on the bridge leading to truth.[/spoil]

IPB Image

Zocano Sep 30 2007, 11:01pm

Achievements: 0

The sputnik skull is in Halo 3 but its called Cowbell.

[spoil]This is located deep within the Ark level, near the end of the mission, as you fight your way to the Cartographer. If you head down the first ramp of the stairwell you'll come to a landing leading to the second ramp leading downwards. If you look up above the landing, you'll see four or five platforms above the landing itself; the Cowbell Skull is on the highest one. How do you get there? You have to use the Grav Lift that you picked up from the bunker near the Scarab. Throw it on the ramp that slopes upwards towards the door you walked in from and jump into it to (hopefully) reach the topmost platform. It can be difficult to do, but you should have a checkpoint right as you started down the stairwell.[/spoil]

"All the love I've met, I have no regrets. If it all ends now, I'm set" -Lost Prophets

grunty_thirst Oct 1 2007, 3:14am

Achievements: 15

Made an update on first post, including where to find some of the skulls. Those are what I've found so far, and I gave em the best explainations I could.

Right, gonna go find the others now. biggrin.gif

<--quoteo(post=202915:date=Oct 1 2007, 01:01 PM:name=Black Team 01- Zocano)-->
QUOTE(Black Team 01- Zocano @ Oct 1 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]202915[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
how do I use the spoiler tags? [spoiler][/spoiler] wont work
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->[spoil]<<insert text here>>[/spoil]<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Spazbro Oct 1 2007, 3:50am

<--quoteo(post=202926:date=Oct 1 2007, 01:14 AM:name=grunty_thirst)-->
QUOTE(grunty_thirst @ Oct 1 2007, 01:14 AM) [snapback]202926[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Made an update on first post, including where to find some of the skulls. Those are what I've found so far, and I gave em the best explainations I could.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

uhh, you got Iron and Black Eye mixed up. You find Iron on Sierra 117 and Black Eye in Crow's Nest.

Plus, I found out you can find the skulls on normal and heroic as well as legendary.

EDIT: Mythic Skull found on Halo.

[spoil]When you spawn and grab whatever weapons you want for the first part of the level, proceed to the cave and keep an eye out to the right. You should see a hole in the wall with a passage way. Follow it until you grab the skull, which is lying on the ground in front of you. [/spoil]

"There is no such thing as a real truth. Just lies, the people who say them and the guns they fire."

Damn you bastards and you're Eastern Hemisphere!

666 posts! Date: Friday 11th of June. Time: 10:08 PM.

tb2571989
Oct 1 2007, 4:06am

Achievements: 17

IWHBYD? You have to do that? *cries*

And O still can't find the grunt skull.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Nick Oct 1 2007, 7:14am

Aw man, I would get so impatient trying to get the IWHBYD Skull. Though it sounds easier than in Halo 2 (fighting off waves of Ultra Elites with a plasma pistol).

Live from purgatory!

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List