You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Videos   »   Remake?
version2 Aug 22 2009, 9:16pm

Achievements: 8

I know that, I just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

EDIT: The first set is all forged and ready to be filmed on, have to work on the second set, and get the characters ready.

-------------------------------
QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

version2 Aug 23 2009, 11:21pm

Second set is done and ready for filming, I just need to make the characters, shoot and capture the first episode.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

AOR3LARRY Aug 25 2009, 9:09pm

Achievements: 2

I'm definitely interested in seeing this, keep us filled in eh.

CURRENT PROJECTS:
"The Last Titan" - Director/Creator
"Heresy" - Heretic Remake - CGI Lead
Heresy CGI Demo

"You're all gonna die in a stupid war." - Abe Simpson

"Everything burns." - The Joker

"I want to ride on a choo-choo train, I want to ride all across the USA!" - Josh Groban, Josh Grobahnn, Josh Grubman, interpreting the works of Casey Tatum.

"Keep your healthy stuff in your real stomach and eat the junk in your fake one! For your health!" - Dr. Steve Brule

"Do you know when you look at a planet and see that light, that planet's not even there, that's just a light, that's just your neighboor shining a flashlight right into your yard, looking for racoons. And he says what are you doing in my backyard with that flashlight. And I told him I'm shining, I'm shining in it your window so I can teach your son about the universe. He said get out of my yard and why are you communicating to my son?! Why are you in all black, behind my bushes and shining a light into my house? And I said I'm teaching your son about the universe, I'm shining the light, I'm shining the light right in there and exploring his room as he's looking out and exploring the universe. I turn the light off and I see your son go to bed and I turn the sh light back on, and I do swirls on his wall like a comet's tail. I do this every night with your son." - Dr. Jimes Tooper

"Poor old Rolo Tony, workin' on the factory floor. Makin' chocolate Rolos for the kids to buy in the store. And when he's gotten through the day, the children gather round and say. 'Rolo Tony Brown Town check yourself right at the door. Give us all some Rolos you know you've gotta give us some more of those Rolos" - Rolo Tony Brown Town by Tim and Eric

"Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun, or exciting, you make it... not that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be." - Michael Scott

version2 Aug 25 2009, 10:08pm

Well the sets for episode one are done, I just need a kick ass particle burst that turns into a column of light, unfortunately I don't know how to do that, and nether does anyone else on my 'team'.

hmm.. do I beg and grovel or try google...

I'll beg and grovel later.

Yeah, I can't figure out Blender's particle system...

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

AOR3LARRY Aug 26 2009, 12:19am

I'm not sure neither on how the Blender particle system works. What exactly are you looking to make, the portal from the first episode?
You could try after effects if someone has it.

EDIT:
Try this video

It's not by me, but it seems like a good beginner tutorial, you'd probably have to play around with it.

CURRENT PROJECTS:
Heresy CGI Demo

"I want to ride on a choo-choo train, I want to ride all across the USA!" - Josh Groban, Josh Grobahnn, Josh Grubman, interpreting the works of Casey Tatum.

"Keep your healthy stuff in your real stomach and eat the junk in your fake one! For your health!" - Dr. Steve Brule

"Do you know when you look at a planet and see that light, that planet's not even there, that's just a light, that's just your neighboor shining a flashlight right into your yard, looking for racoons. And he says what are you doing in my backyard with that flashlight. And I told him I'm shining, I'm shining in it your window so I can teach your son about the universe. He said get out of my yard and why are you communicating to my son?! Why are you in all black, behind my bushes and shining a light into my house? And I said I'm teaching your son about the universe, I'm shining the light, I'm shining the light right in there and exploring his room as he's looking out and exploring the universe. I turn the light off and I see your son go to bed and I turn the sh light back on, and I do swirls on his wall like a comet's tail. I do this every night with your son." - Dr. Jimes Tooper

"Poor old Rolo Tony, workin' on the factory floor. Makin' chocolate Rolos for the kids to buy in the store. And when he's gotten through the day, the children gather round and say. 'Rolo Tony Brown Town check yourself right at the door. Give us all some Rolos you know you've gotta give us some more of those Rolos" - Rolo Tony Brown Town by Tim and Eric

"Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun, or exciting, you make it... not that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be." - Michael Scott

Aglor Aug 26 2009, 4:54pm

Achievements: 20

First episode of the Codex or the Heretic?

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

version2 Aug 26 2009, 4:59pm

That's almost exactly what I need, the rest I can figure out.

EDIT: I have most of episode one shot and ready to capture, I just need the temple interior, and the Dove Praetor conversation scenes.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

version2 Aug 27 2009, 8:30pm

so, after watching the first episode of the Heretic something like 12 times I've decided that it ill be almost impossible for me to cut the dialogue out, and Mr. Winn is in LA while the dialogue files are on a hard drive in Dallas.

Long story short, I need voice actors.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

Trumpetman09
Aug 28 2009, 12:50am

Achievements: 25

Well...I might be able to help out with the voice acting, but I have a question, what are you doing for music?

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

AOR3LARRY Aug 28 2009, 5:26am

There is no way to go around dialogue in the Heretic, the story is heavily reliant upon it - like the tensions between Praetor and the Cleric (then Seraphim Captain) isn't detectable. MVAA forums has some demo reels of voice actors, try it out.

CURRENT PROJECTS:
Heresy CGI Demo

version2 Aug 28 2009, 8:07pm

I posted on VAA, and I have someone lined up to do the sound track. I'll look into MVAA.

If you're interested in voicing a specific character tell me, the parts are NOT available on first come first serve and as such will be given to whom ever the sound guy and myself think is best.

EDIT: Posted on MVAA.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

Trumpetman09
Aug 28 2009, 9:17pm

Achievements: 25

I just tried out for the guardian voice! Hope all goes well! smile.gif

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

version2 Aug 28 2009, 11:11pm

and I just emailed you back.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

GeorgeK_16 Sep 24 2009, 2:06am

Achievements: 0

I think it would be great to see a remake of The Codex . Please would you keep us informed as the project develops, as I am very interested in seeing how it turns out. Good luck!

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering the dirt thinking what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire. No, your world will burn until its surface it but glass! And not even your Demon will rise, blackened from its hole, to mare reflection of our passage; the culmination of our journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!" - Prophet of Truth, Halo 3

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Cpt McMuffin (29), EL STEVIEO (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List