You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Videos   »   Remake?
ICANanimations Jul 29 2009, 2:05am

Achievements: 0

I want to create a remake but I need people to come over here and play halo 3 with me cuz I cant do all the chars by my self.
help me!

-aylmer

Reaper195 Jul 29 2009, 10:27pm

Achievements: 18

A remake of The Codex? I'd do some voice work, but personally, I'd get the permission of both the guys that created Codex, as well as whoever holds the rights to it (Assuming it has Rights?) before considering it.

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Nerrolken
Jul 29 2009, 10:35pm

Achievements: 24

<--quoteo(post=256520:date=Jul 29 2009, 09:27 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jul 29 2009, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->A remake of The Codex? I'd do some voice work, but personally, I'd get the permission of both the guys that created Codex, as well as whoever holds the rights to it (Assuming it has Rights?) before considering it.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Everything has rights, and what makes you think that "the guys that created Codex" aren't the ones who hold the rights to it? wink.gif

I'm cool with remakes, as long as people point back to what they're remaking and indicate that it's a fan production. I'm not going to be like Micro$oft and try to kill the creativity that my work inspires! glare.gif Just list what it's based on (so we get the credit we deserve), say that it's a fan production (so we don't get the credit YOU deserve), and send me a link so I can see it!

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

Reaper195 Jul 30 2009, 1:25am

<--quoteo(post=256525:date=Jul 29 2009, 08:35 PM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Jul 29 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Everything has rights, and what makes you think that "the guys that created Codex" aren't the ones who hold the rights to it? wink.gif<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

*Shrugs* Somethings that people make/write don't actually own the rights to their own creations. Authors are a good example.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

ICANanimations Jul 30 2009, 2:18am

<--quoteo(post=256525:date=Jul 30 2009, 04:35 AM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Jul 30 2009, 04:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Everything has rights, and what makes you think that "the guys that created Codex" aren't the ones who hold the rights to it? wink.gif

I'm cool with remakes, as long as people point back to what they're remaking and indicate that it's a fan production. I'm not going to be like Micro$oft and try to kill the creativity that my work inspires! glare.gif Just list what it's based on (so we get the credit we deserve), say that it's a fan production (so we don't get the credit YOU deserve), and send me a link so I can see it!

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I was aiming to use the origional audio unsure.gif

RMcDowell Jul 30 2009, 9:35am

Achievements: 12

So, just a puppeteering thing? Do you think there'd be problems with maps, different scenarios etc? Would you be changing much of the cinematography?

ICANanimations Jul 30 2009, 12:09pm

<--quoteo(post=256579:date=Jul 30 2009, 03:35 PM:name=RMcDowell)-->
QUOTE (RMcDowell @ Jul 30 2009, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->So, just a puppeteering thing? Do you think there'd be problems with maps, different scenarios etc? Would you be changing much of the cinematography?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I already figured that out accually.
but the thing it that this can't be done online.
cuz you cant put your weapon down in MP online or system link as far as I know

Reaper195 Jul 30 2009, 5:26pm

Oh snap, I see what you're doing. Using original Audio, and then redoing the series as much as possibly the same way, but in Halo 3. But because of the lack of lowering online, and compared to how many scenes there are where guns are lowered......damn.

You could always just get a few friends from around the block, or family or what have you....

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

ICANanimations Jul 31 2009, 2:00am

<--quoteo(post=256602:date=Jul 30 2009, 11:26 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jul 30 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Oh snap, I see what you're doing. Using original Audio, and then redoing the series as much as possibly the same way, but in Halo 3. But because of the lack of lowering online, and compared to how many scenes there are where guns are lowered......damn.

You could always just get a few friends from around the block, or family or what have you....<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

but thats the whole problem.
I dont have family who want to see me.
I dont have a butget.
I dont have friends around the block.
and even the people I know here can't play the game.

thats why I asked for help at my first post here.
any dutch guys on this forum?

version2 Aug 21 2009, 5:29pm

Achievements: 8

Can I remake The Heretic?

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

ICANanimations Aug 22 2009, 12:49am

<--quoteo(post=257861:date=Aug 21 2009, 11:29 PM:name=version2)-->
QUOTE (version2 @ Aug 21 2009, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Can I remake The Heretic?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

The Heretic is good the way it is now. tongue.gif

Nerrolken
Aug 22 2009, 1:10am

<--quoteo(post=257861:date=Aug 21 2009, 04:29 PM:name=version2)-->
QUOTE (version2 @ Aug 21 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Can I remake The Heretic?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Go for it. As long as you indicate that it is a fan production and you give credit to Edgeworks for the original material, go for it! wink.gif

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

version2 Aug 22 2009, 1:16am

do you still have the original screen play?

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

Nerrolken
Aug 22 2009, 1:44am

<--quoteo(post=257888:date=Aug 21 2009, 11:16 PM:name=version2)-->
QUOTE (version2 @ Aug 21 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->do you still have the original screen play?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Sure I do. But if you're remaking the series, that will be YOUR first step. wink.gif

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Trumpetman09
Aug 22 2009, 2:13am

Achievements: 25

I tried to remake a scene from The Heretic on Halo 3...and I failed...miserably. Apparently, there are really no good maps on Halo 3 for a remake...(other than upcoming Heretic and that's basically it). I have a suggestion though, if you were to remake anything from The Codex...please use Halo 2, I don't care that the theater mode is awesome, there really isn't anything great other than that left when comparing abilities of Halo 2 and Halo 3....maybe the looks, but that's it! The emblem is so much smaller, so Jack can't be really discerned as well from Red 2 or red 5, same with the other characters.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

AOR3LARRY Aug 22 2009, 5:29am

Achievements: 2

It can be done in Halo 3, just the plot has to be reworked so much. You don't really have any city levels which was a large chunk of the Codex arc, Trumpetman is 100% right about the Halo 3 maps sucking. That being said, the Heretic could still be made, reasonably well in Halo 3, hold out for Midship 2 and you'll be set up with scenery.

I think a derivative work or a continuation of the Codex story would be pretty cool, like instead of going over the same ground and story arc again - we'll hit some new territory. I think the ODST Sargent, Sargent Henderson's story would be interesting to do a prequel about. Show how he's been through a lot of battles and while being a reckless man, he's a dying breed and growing tired of having to fight to survive. Like showing the effects of war on him and his troops.

Or continue where the Codex left off, unless you can remake the series very special. And by very special I mean can stand on it's own beside the original Codex Series (including the Heretic). Good examples of remakes being on par if not better than the original work are:

Blinded by the Light - Bruce Springsteen Springsteen wrote and played this song, it is his.
But taking a listen to, and everyone knows this one:

Blinded by the Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band.

Similarly,

Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower was vastly improved by Jimi Hendrix's take on it, Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower.

Now remakes and revisions doesn't just apply to music, film has a few good remakes, go see Martin Scorsese's Cape Fear versus the original Cape Fear. Ocean's 11 is a remake, The Fly, Scarface, are among films that have set their own ground and played the story on their own terms.

CURRENT PROJECTS:
"The Last Titan" - Director/Creator
"Heresy" - Heretic Remake - CGI Lead
Heresy CGI Demo

"You're all gonna die in a stupid war." - Abe Simpson

"Everything burns." - The Joker

"I want to ride on a choo-choo train, I want to ride all across the USA!" - Josh Groban, Josh Grobahnn, Josh Grubman, interpreting the works of Casey Tatum.

"Keep your healthy stuff in your real stomach and eat the junk in your fake one! For your health!" - Dr. Steve Brule

"Do you know when you look at a planet and see that light, that planet's not even there, that's just a light, that's just your neighboor shining a flashlight right into your yard, looking for racoons. And he says what are you doing in my backyard with that flashlight. And I told him I'm shining, I'm shining in it your window so I can teach your son about the universe. He said get out of my yard and why are you communicating to my son?! Why are you in all black, behind my bushes and shining a light into my house? And I said I'm teaching your son about the universe, I'm shining the light, I'm shining the light right in there and exploring his room as he's looking out and exploring the universe. I turn the light off and I see your son go to bed and I turn the sh light back on, and I do swirls on his wall like a comet's tail. I do this every night with your son." - Dr. Jimes Tooper

"Poor old Rolo Tony, workin' on the factory floor. Makin' chocolate Rolos for the kids to buy in the store. And when he's gotten through the day, the children gather round and say. 'Rolo Tony Brown Town check yourself right at the door. Give us all some Rolos you know you've gotta give us some more of those Rolos" - Rolo Tony Brown Town by Tim and Eric

"Why are you the way that you are? Honestly, every time I try to do something fun, or exciting, you make it... not that way. I hate... so much about the things that you choose to be." - Michael Scott

version2 Aug 22 2009, 11:43am

I think that the Codex will be harder to remake then the Heretic, and it's already spoken for.

While I could watch every episode of the Heretic over and over again until I have it memorized, I think having the original screen play would work much better.
Basically I'm asking for the screenplay so that I can stay as true as possible to what you wanted with the original, if you don't feel like sharing I'll just watch the series over and over and over and over and over...

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

S64 Aug 22 2009, 6:31pm

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.
Achievements: 12

Or you could watch it, reach a line, pause, and write it down...

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

version2 Aug 22 2009, 6:44pm

I'm more interested in the screenplay for the actions taking place then for the lines.

QUOTE (Ben)
hata's gonna hate.

Reaper195 Aug 22 2009, 9:14pm

You're not going to be able to get each movement down to a precise game-meter. Just see what happens in the overall episode, and get it as close as possible.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List