You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   News Archive   »   The Heretic Episode 1
Geo Ghost Feb 9 2007, 4:56am

Achievements: 15

That rocked!

Loved the music cue at the start along with the title. That suited really well! biggrin.gif

It has begun! tongue.gif

-------------------------------
Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

- The Edgeworks Forum resident Brony

Funkmon Feb 9 2007, 6:20am

Achievements: 0

I'll tell ya. That podcast is really something. <3.

Also, I can't wait for some 45 minute long talking episodes in this series. Woo!

EDIT: Quick edit is also cool.

Zukan Feb 9 2007, 7:47am

Achievements: 13

I'm getting all nostalgic watching this. I think you perfectly achieved what you were aiming for Nerrolken. A true prequel in all its glory. And even though we already know certain plot elements such as the Praetor won't die and that he'll probably find the codex at the end, you still managed to keep the story interesting. Great work buddy!

???=shuffled episode release aka Tarantino?

spartan117 Feb 9 2007, 8:13am

Achievements: 16

*cries*
I can't watch it!
WHY! Why must I have school today!!
Ugh. I can't believe I turned off my alarm at 6 AM to get up at 7...
*curses self*
Well, I will watch it in 8.5 hours.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

wesman Feb 9 2007, 10:35am

Achievements: 1

O M G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*explodes*

IPB Image
If someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and whack them in the head.

elvislives Feb 9 2007, 10:48am

Top Notch as always. I'm going to fail my history test because I'm rewatching it instead of studying, and it's so very worth it.

Is Dove (great name, great voice) the predecessor to the Cleric of The Codex?

Keep the Forum Clean

Sneaky
Feb 9 2007, 11:44am

Achievements: 17

<--quoteo(post=172423:date=Feb 9 2007, 10:48 AM:name=elvislives)-->
QUOTE(elvislives @ Feb 9 2007, 10:48 AM) [snapback]172423[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Top Notch as always. I'm going to fail my history test because I'm rewatching it instead of studying, and it's so very worth it.

Is Dove (great name, great voice) the predecessor to the Cleric of The Codex?
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->I have a feeling we should just wait and see.

QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Feb 25 2007, 12:05 AM )
You definitely get the "I tried hardest to sponsor" award!
I have lost friends, some by death... others through sheer inability to cross the street.
- Virginia Woolf

RvB_Private_Caboose Feb 9 2007, 12:22pm

Achievements: 11

I loved it!

I think I'm going to set up my own paypal account so I can sponsor.

I'm calling today "Codex Day", and telling everyone I meet about The Codex. I also think I completely ignored my History teacher today due to obsessive thinking about the Heretic, and now I'm in web design, watching it and browsing the forum instead of paying attention (I'm done anyways, I think).
I can't wait for the next episode!

"challenge yourself and to hell with the system" -Gaia

Status:Life is hard, but I'm attempting to ignore it via baking. It's a good stress relief. Also, who I am has changed dramatically over the years. Just a heads up. 6/4/2011

Anubis Feb 9 2007, 12:49pm

Woot! Awesome! Can't wait for the next one

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pain is an illusion of the body, despair is an illusion of the mind.

MasterChief2829 Feb 9 2007, 12:57pm

Achievements: 8

This is up earlier than expected. Sucks, cause I'm at school right now. I'll post later when I get home. Well, glad it's up, I'll be watching and posting about it later biggrin.gif

cappy Feb 9 2007, 1:01pm

a tip of the cap to you, sir.

Spartan Foods Feb 9 2007, 1:02pm

Achievements: 2

<--quoteo(post=172429:date=Feb 9 2007, 12:22 PM:name=RvB_Private_Caboose)-->
QUOTE(RvB_Private_Caboose @ Feb 9 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]172429[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
I loved it!

I think I'm going to set up my own paypal account so I can sponsor.

I'm calling today "Codex Day", and telling everyone I meet about The Codex. I also think I completely ignored my History teacher today due to obsessive thinking about the Heretic, and now I'm in web design, watching it and browsing the forum instead of paying attention (I'm done anyways, I think).
I can't wait for the next episode!
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

lol biggrin.gif

That's the spirit. tongue.gif

A signature.

Naveegunner Feb 9 2007, 1:40pm

Okay, here goes everything I just relayed to Joe and Geo about watching this.
First of all, awesome. I was losing interest in machinima, now I got it back. I'm probably going to finish one of my own, but I'ma wait till Halo 3. My one regret is that you showed the end before the beginning, I hate when movies do that. It's like [spoil]"Great, now I get to watch this dude through a whole series just to get to see him die, and I already know what happens"[/spoil] Buuuut oh well.
I'll spoiler text my spoilers, if it matters.
Secondly, [spoil]The Praetor being friends with the cleric, then killing him, then a new cleric being an S.O.B. would probably REALLY suck. This adds more to the Cleric and Praetor's (Codex) hate for each other.[/spoil]

And I'm sitting here thinking.
Dove: *Teleports*
*Appears on beach*
"Damn"
*Sees Albatross*
Spartans: "Wtf are you?"
Dove: "Wtf are you?"
*Awkward silence*
Doo doo dada doo doo doo da
*Shotgun to face*
THE END
...I'm just evil tongue.gif

If none of this post made sense, sorry.
Edit: Oh yeah, also, the forum's new digs stretch my screen. Is there a 1024x768 version?
Edit2: Oh yeah, the music, it's amazing!

IPB Image
You're the only one who can keep my planes flying. I need my planes to fly.
Mod Edit: I broke the forum..... IPB Image -SSTwinrova
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

forbiddenwarrio Feb 9 2007, 2:16pm

Achievements: 9

I WANT TO WATCH THIS SO BAD BUT I'M AT SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. 1st thing when i get home i'm watching this

IPB Image

Laird Feb 9 2007, 3:29pm

I thought it was pretty good for a first episode.

forbiddenwarrio Feb 9 2007, 3:48pm

Achievements: 9

i came, i saw,i shit my pants on how good it was. nice music nice,spisode, nice opening, nice voice acting, nice everything. i bow to thos of edgework

IPB Image

MasterChief2829 Feb 9 2007, 4:32pm

Fantastic Opening to the series! I loved it biggrin.gif Everything has been improved! It was truly great, and I'm definitely looking forward to the next episodes. Wonderful music, cinematography, voice-acting, story, etc. Big thumbs up smile.gif And for those who are arguing about the whole[spoil] main character dying in the beginning then you watch the rest. Well, we haven't seen the rest of the series, maybe it will just go back in time for a little while and he will rise again. Who knows, the series is not over and why don't you just wait and see for any surprises to come.
[/spoil]
Now I have 2 big things to watch every week, 24 and The Heretic. tongue.gif

[edit]My Heretic Fan Art a while back wasn't too far off, as a blue/steel elite is shown at some point in the episode. o.o

Quint Feb 9 2007, 4:45pm

Achievements: 10

<--quoteo(post=172446:date=Feb 9 2007, 06:40 PM:name=Naveegunner)-->
QUOTE(Naveegunner @ Feb 9 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]172446[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Okay, here goes everything I just relayed to Joe and Geo about watching this.
First of all, awesome. I was losing interest in machinima, now I got it back. I'm probably going to finish one of my own, but I'ma wait till Halo 3. My one regret is that you showed the end before the beginning, I hate when movies do that. It's like [spoil]"Great, now I get to watch this dude through a whole series just to get to see him die, and I already know what happens"[/spoil] Buuuut oh well.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Watch Mission Impossible 3 and you'll see that films can still be interesting this way. tongue.gif

JBK405 Feb 9 2007, 4:59pm

I'm sitting in my nice little reclining chair in front of my TV, relaxing after the final class of the day and watching the last ten minutes of Law & Order, and I'm wondering if I should go on-line to check the movie schedule for tonight, just to see what's playing (I'm torn between whether or not I want to see Smokin' Aces). I open my laptop and, as I do so, I happen to glance at the clock hanging on the wall next to my desk, which is proudly displaying the date of February 9, 2007. I pause for a moment as I contemplate the meaning of that specific date, which is currently ringing through my head with the incessant feeling that it has some sort of importance, and I check my e-mail as I stew. I'm in the midst of typing a reply to my father when the realization of what this day means dawns on me, and I swear that I have never gotten to a web-site faster in my life than when I remembered about today's premiere.

I'm not going to gush about just how pretty that video was, although it certainly deserves all manor of gushing, and I'm not going to expound on the superb writing, even though it would be time well spent. All I'm going to say to say is this: I just now (As in after I had already begun typing this post) received my grade for the first Biology test of this semester, which I feared I had failed miserably, and it turns out that I have outscored 269 other students in the class. A good feeling to be sure, and the way I felt when I watched this episode was better than when I opened that e-mail and learned my grade.

To the entire team at Codex Headquarters, I proudly give you, your families, your heirs, and your estranged cousins a thumbs-up of enormous magnitude. Kudos!

EDIT: Although I've got to be honest, the lighting made it hard to tell what was going on during the interior scenes, and the lack of any real talking motion for Elites occasionally had me wondering who was saying what when Praetor and Dove were talking.

Life is like a roller coaster, it has it's ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get one heck of a ride.

NationStates: The Associated Systems of Klonor

Philosophy 101 Feb 9 2007, 5:14pm

OMG! I love it! So well done! This completely makes up for the fact that you mislead us with the whole "sometime in the afternoon" story! I'm just pissed I didn't check my computer this morning!

Good Job, Love it!

[Azumanga]

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Gwynfor (25), notahay (25), penguino58 (25), Zukan (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,772 posts across 6,593 threads
in the 12 years, 8 months, and 11 days since our first post.
We have 3,468 registered members.
The newest member is Annie74.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List