You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Console Wars: The Next Generation
B!OHAZARD Dec 25 2006, 5:23pm

Achievements: 0

Oh, what I meant by "graphically-superior" is a capacity thing. Sony (for whatever reason) is using 50GB blu-ray disks... which is really a waste, because they aren't using a fraction of that for the games. I'm sure the capacity for graphical realism is greater than that of the 360, but I think the 360 is the same as the PS3 right now, and so far, I'm loving the 360 more. Gears of War... I want it and I don't have an Xbox.... it's just SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

I'm gonna get a Wii... even if it doesn't have the best stuff right now (excluding Twilight Princess and stuff like Super Monkey Ball and Metal Slug), it'll be pumped with the best franchises of Nintendo: Metroid, Mario, that stuff.....

Oh, and all people are idiots; there's a wrist-strap for a reason: you're supossed to f-ing USE it! And it doesn't take much motion to make the Wii sense anyway........

-------------------------------
Itsy-bitsy teeny-weeny yellow polka-dot hyphenated words...

Thanks to Philosophy 101for the sig!

No, you are not you. I am, however, me. Still wanna fight about it?

New contraction: "Are'm" (are + am). The equivalent of "be," but in present-past form.

Do not read this sentence: There is black text where this sentence should go.

Mad_Munky
Dec 26 2006, 1:04am

Yeah I agree about people being stupid, but the wrist straps do break, however you have to be wearing it and let go of the controller while swinging.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

B!OHAZARD Dec 27 2006, 4:44pm

<--quoteo(post=164580:date=Dec 25 2006, 10:04 PM:name=Mad_Munky)-->
QUOTE(Mad_Munky @ Dec 25 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]164580[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Yeah I agree about people being stupid, but the wrist straps do break, however you have to be wearing it and let go of the controller while swinging.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
which demonstrates exactly how people are stupid.

New contraction: "Are'm" (are + am). The equivalent of "be," but in present-past form.

drelnathi
Dec 27 2006, 6:06pm

Achievements: 12

<--quoteo(post=164533:date=Dec 25 2006, 04:23 PM:name=B!OHAZARD)-->
QUOTE(B!OHAZARD @ Dec 25 2006, 04:23 PM) [snapback]164533[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Oh, what I meant by "graphically-superior" is a capacity thing. Sony (for whatever reason) is using 50GB blu-ray disks... which is really a waste, because they aren't using a fraction of that for the games.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Not entirely true. Resistance: Fall of Man uses ~18 GB if I recall correctly. All that extra space on a disc is real enticing for a developer that likes to use pre-rendered cutscenes in their games. Team Ninja, for example wasn't too happy when Microsoft said they were going with HD DVD.

IPB Image

-Ryan Luther
drelnathi

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

B!OHAZARD Dec 27 2006, 11:28pm

I wonder how much space a 2 hr movie takes up on a blu-ray disc?

gefilusA Dec 28 2006, 9:04am

<--quoteo(post=165221:date=Dec 28 2006, 06:28 AM:name=B!OHAZARD)-->
QUOTE(B!OHAZARD @ Dec 28 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]165221[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
I wonder how much space a 2 hr movie takes up on a blu-ray disc?
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

HD or SD? wink.gif

<--quoteo-->
<--quotec-->Oh, what I meant by "graphically-superior" is a capacity thing. Sony (for whatever reason) is using 50GB blu-ray disks... which is really a waste, because they aren't using a fraction of that for the games.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Hardly. Blue Dragon takes up to 3 DVDs. So with a simple math it takes 3 x 9gb = 27 gb. Of course the discs aren't full, but still you can get the picture why the Blu-ray is good. Games are getting better and bigger and that's why it's, IMO, kind of sad that Xbox doesn't have HD-DVD or Blu-ray as its primary storage Device.

And for the topics title...
<--quoteo-->
<--quotec-->Console Wars: The Next Generation, 360, Wii, and PS3... who is winning<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

There's no "who" wink.gif

EDIT: And isn't the "Next-Gen" by now the "Current-Gen"?

And this would be me...

"So can you name your demon?
Understand it's skeemon?
I rise my glass and say:
"Here's to you""

Mad_Munky
Dec 28 2006, 12:23pm

<--quoteo(post=165044:date=Dec 27 2006, 05:06 PM:name=drelnathi)-->
QUOTE(drelnathi @ Dec 27 2006, 05:06 PM) [snapback]165044[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Not entirely true. Resistance: Fall of Man uses ~18 GB if I recall correctly. All that extra space on a disc is real enticing for a developer that likes to use pre-rendered cutscenes in their games. Team Ninja, for example wasn't too happy when Microsoft said they were going with HD DVD.

IPB Image

<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
That's still a fraction.

Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

B!OHAZARD Dec 28 2006, 10:05pm

And for the topics title...
There's no "who" wink.gif

EDIT: And isn't the "Next-Gen" by now the "Current-Gen"?
[/quote]

In relation to the previous gen, which will not be reffered to as "Past-Gen", the current-gen will be reffered to as "next-gen" because it hasn't reached that point where anyone can go out on any day and buy any console of their choice or multiples of any new consoles due to high demand and the release date not being to far from now (but in past-tense)

also, I'm personifying the companies and their consoles into a single "who"

Aglor Jan 1 2007, 9:50pm

Achievements: 20

Wooo! Wii rules! If people had the sense to not swing the controler like on TV. I mean come on! Common sense people! The PS3 loses when you count bang for the buck. 360 is quite even, and the Wii, if they just get some better games, would take the top. But for now, 360 is winning.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

maverikdemon Jan 2 2007, 10:45pm

sony sucks. nintendo sucks. microsoft rocks. Nuff said

In the state of your mind burning low, and the fear you hide seems to grow, the shade of your lies makes you blind, and you live your life with no desire

Now's the time for you to realize, with the burden inside you'll get lost, here's the reason for you to wake up

It's in your head it's in your eyes
It's in your dreams, it's in disguise
So you should try to free your mind
Then you'll find the stream of life

Let it flow

Trance Jan 3 2007, 10:30am

Achievements: 14

<--quoteo(post=166960:date=Jan 2 2007, 10:45 PM:name=maverikdemon)-->
QUOTE(maverikdemon @ Jan 2 2007, 10:45 PM) [snapback]166960[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
microsoft rocks. Nuff said
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Now that actually made me nauseous.

SpartnChief Jan 3 2007, 11:25pm

Actually, the PS3 is graphically inferior to the 360, but has a better CPU. The 360 has more memory and a better GPU. However, power doesnt mean anything if the games are no fun, and even though the Wii has practically no graphical improvement over the Gamecube, it is extremely innovative, fun, and bug free. Right now, it is outselling the PS3 by about 3:1.

drelnathi
Jan 3 2007, 11:39pm

Achievements: 12

<--quoteo(post=167114:date=Jan 3 2007, 10:25 PM:name=SpartnChief)-->
QUOTE(SpartnChief @ Jan 3 2007, 10:25 PM) [snapback]167114[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Actually, the PS3 is graphically inferior to the 360, but has a better CPU. The 360 has more memory and a better GPU. However, power doesnt mean anything if the games are no fun, and even though the Wii has practically no graphical improvement over the Gamecube, it is extremely innovative, fun, and bug free. Right now, it is outselling the PS3 by about 3:1.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
That, and Nintendo is actually the only one of the three that routinely profits on hardware sales. I believe Nintendo makes somewhere in the ballpark of $40 on each Wii sold in the US, whereas Microsoft and Sony lose over $100 and near $300 per unit, respectively.

Chew on that for a while. wink.gif

-Ryan Luther
drelnathi

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Wild Weasel Jan 4 2007, 4:09am

I thought Sony refused to sell their hardware at a loss? I must be out of date rolleyes.gif

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Mad_Munky
Jan 4 2007, 2:22pm

I think they realised that they would never get people to buy their system for $1000 after seeing how crappy it is.

spartan28 Jan 15 2007, 2:13pm

whats with all the console bias here? in terms of hardware the ps3 is BETTER! but currently the 360 games are better because its been out A FULL YEAR LONGER! its too early to be makin side by side comparsons of ps3 and 360 games! wait until mgs4 and DMC4 come out and then we'll see who has better graphics!

IPB Image Halo Directors cut!
hooray halo!!

DeadElite Jan 15 2007, 8:59pm

Location: In the void of nothingness of nothingness of its self

<--quoteo(post=167116:date=Jan 3 2007, 08:39 PM:name=drelnathi)-->
QUOTE(drelnathi @ Jan 3 2007, 08:39 PM) [snapback]167116[/snapback]
<--quotec-->I believe Nintendo makes somewhere in the ballpark of $40 on each Wii sold in the US, whereas Microsoft and Sony lose over $100 and near $300 per unit, respectively.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Sony is the one really loosing by adding in the BlueRay. PS3 + BlueRay = -Money 4 sony

IPB Image

B!OHAZARD Jan 15 2007, 10:31pm

Yeah.. sony's like 1.3 billion in the hole right now

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List