You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Forsaken   »   Backstory
DarthSexyous Apr 17 2006, 12:04am

Achievements: 0

I didn't quite get that whole backstory on the story page. There were too many weird words and stuff. Can anyone give me the short version of World of Warcraft's story?

-------------------------------
-Insert Signiture Here-

Praetor
Apr 17 2006, 3:50am

Unfortunately, that WAS the short version of the story... If you have specific questions, throw down, I'd love to help you out.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

Rescudo Apr 17 2006, 5:54am

Achievements: 15

Ooo, I didn't know there was a backstory on the page.

*reads*

*lurk*

DEADHAWK076 Apr 17 2006, 9:09am

Basically,

Horde = Bad guys
Alliance = Good guys

Horde consists (currently) of Orcs, Trolls, Undead, and Tauren
Alliance consists (currently) of Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, and Night Elves

The Horde are alians to Azeroth and were brought here by the dark portal, So the alliance waged war against them, the alliance won, there is an uneasy peace. Thats as short as it gets, but Forsaken will probably have to do with some of the details of the story, so your better off understanding that.

I'll post some links to help you guys out

Wikipedia Warcraft Universe entry
Official Timeline (history chapters can be found near the top of the page)

IPB Image
"Jack expected an elite in a Ghost... He got a big shock!" (I'm the blue guy)
tyvm for the pic Geo.c Ghost

IPB Image
I'm the far right

if you don't have anything good to say, post it on the forums

Thrall1138 Apr 17 2006, 10:59am

Achievements: 9

<--QuoteBegin-DEADHAWK076+Apr 17 2006, 05:09 AM-->
QUOTE(DEADHAWK076 @ Apr 17 2006, 05:09 AM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Basically,

Horde = Bad guys
Alliance = Good guys
[right][snapback]110448[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

:cries:
I am sorry, but this is one subject I am very, very passionette about. The Horde are not bad guys, that is the great thing about warcraft, there are good and bad guys on both sides of the conflict, the two sides had to work together at the end of warcraft III to push back the burning leagion (demons). If anything, the Alliance has more evil in it then the Horde, it has more warlocks for pittys sake!
You can tell i am a Horde supporter because of my name, Thrall is the current warchief of the Horde, his story is truly amazing (Lord of the Clans) I suggest people read it even if they havn't played the games. Sooo touching.
I will now stop rambling! yay!

GL HF!

Naveegunner Apr 17 2006, 6:24pm

Achievements: 1

Thrall is partly right, here's how it goes, short as I can make it.

I'm real fuzzy on the first war, so I'll skip that, but orcs invade Azeroth.

Second War: Orcs invade Azeroth again, half of Azeroth gets pwnd, they manage to shut the dark portal and blow up the orc world thingymabob.

Third War: Undead invade Lordaeron, Prince Arthas of Lordaeron gets possesed by the undead king. Arthas goes to Northerend and becomes king of undead, Lordaeron gets pwned. Okay, the orcs have many clans. The Blackrock clan is basically evil, same with Dragonmaw, the Warsaw clan is fairly good. Warchief Thrall gets a message from a strange prophet named Medivh and takes the Warsaw clan across the ocean to Kalimdor, establishes Durator (sp?). Medivh then vists Jaina Proudmoore of Lordaeron, tells her to go across the ocean too (this is before Lordaeron got pwnd). She goes, establishes Theramore. Azeroth is basically left alone.

Now, the Night Elves get pissed at the humans and the orcs for coming into their forests, they attack them both. In the process, Archimonde, some ruler of demons, attacks the Night Elves. They start getting pwnd, ally with humans and orcs, and defeat the Burning Legion as a triple alliance.

Back in Lordaeron, Sylvanus Windrunner, a High Elf that was killed by Arthas, ressurects as an undead. She gets pissed, gathers a bunch of other pissed undead, and pwns Arthas' undead. She calls her group the Forsaken.

Now here's WoW: The orcs, humans, and Night Elves all get pissed again, Night Elves ally humans, gnomes, and dwarves. Orcs ally Tauren, Trolls, and the Forsaken. They start a war, start killing each other, and that's where we come in.

IPB Image
You're the only one who can keep my planes flying. I need my planes to fly.
Mod Edit: I broke the forum..... IPB Image -SSTwinrova
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

Mad_Munky
Apr 17 2006, 7:58pm

Just FYI Trolls and (I think) Tauren are both native to Azeroth.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

DarthSexyous Apr 17 2006, 8:40pm

A'ight, I kind of get this now.

-Insert Signiture Here-

Thrall1138 Apr 17 2006, 10:41pm

<--QuoteBegin-Naveegunner+Apr 17 2006, 02:24 PM-->
QUOTE(Naveegunner @ Apr 17 2006, 02:24 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Second War: Orcs invade Azeroth again, half of Azeroth gets pwnd, they manage to shut the dark portal and blow up the orc world thingymabob.
[right][snapback]110567[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
The Orcs pwned Azeroth (the continent, not the World...) in warcraft I, in Warcraft II, they attempt to take Lordaeron but get pushed back to their own world. By the way, it is Warsong, not warsaw. Because the orcs in that clan sang after every battle, remembering their great deeds. There where other good clans as well, like the Frost wolves, who are part of the Horde as we know it today. Black rock and Dragon maw are now considered rogue clans sense they still worship demons and practice necromancy and dark arcane magic.

<--QuoteBegin-Mad_Munky+Apr 17 2006, 03:58 PM-->
QUOTE(Mad_Munky @ Apr 17 2006, 03:58 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Just FYI Trolls and (I think) Tauren are both native to Azeroth.
[right][snapback]110599[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
This is correct, the trolls are from the Eastern continents (Azeroth, Lordaeron, and Dun Morough) while the Tauren are natice to Kalimdore (the Western continent)

I feel that it is my duty as self appointed Lore fanatic to right out the history of the World of Warcraft so that unedjucated peoples may read, (I will attempt to shorten some of the longer sections in their own boxes)
This is directly from the World of Warcraft Roleplaying game book:

I appoligize for how long this will be...

Timeline
presented here is an overview of the major events in Azeroth's distance and recent history.
<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->-147,000: The mighty Titans arrive on Azeroth and create two races to reshape the world. The dwarves maintain the land; the sea giants patrol the waters.
-65,000: The Titans place the Well of Eternity, the source of all magic on Azeroth, in the center of the world's single continent, Kalimdor.
-14,000: The powerful Well of Eternity leaks magic into the community of Kaldorei living nearby, evolving them enough to create the first great civilization. As the Kaldorei investigate the Well, they releaste more magic into the world.
-13,500: The Kaldorei begin to harness the power of the Well and practice arcane magic. They build an advanced civilization, creating powerful artifacts and even reshaping the land. Some Kaldorei sense that magic abuse is a significant problem and cease practicing. They remaing the Kaldorei, while those who revel in the arcane arts dub themselvle the Highborne.
-10,250: The Kaldorei's warnings were true: Corruption comes to the Highborne in the form of the Burning Legion -- a society of magic-consuming demons from another dimension. The demons cannot enter Azeroth phsically without assistance; so Sargeras, the lord of the Burning legion, begins subtly to manipulate the wizards. He promises more power if the Highborne will open a portal. They do so, deep in the Well of Eternity, giving Sargeras free entry into Azeroth.
-10,000: The Burning Legion invades Azeroth, determined to drain the Well and destroy the night elf civilization.
-9,999: Malfurion and Illidan Stormrage, and the priestess Tyrande Whisperwind, lead the battle against the demons, destroying the Well of Eternity in the process. With the portal gone, the Burning Legion is banished from Aweroth; but the magical shockwave splits Kalimdor into several continents, creating a dangerous Maelstrom in the center of the sea.
-9,998: Illidan stormrage, loathe to lose the arcane magic of the Well, creates a new Well of Eternity using water from the first Well. His enraged brother locks Illidan away in an underground prison.
Three dragons Alextrasza, Ysera and Nozdormu - plant Nordrassil, the World Tree, over the new Well, hiding it.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

The Titans create the Well of Eternity, which gives the Kaldorei, or night elves, magic. The highborne use this magic to let demons into Azeroth starting the War of the Antients. Three heros lead a battle against the demons finally destroying the well and banishing the demons, unfortunately, Illidan creates a new Well of Eternity, so he gets put into an underground prison.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->-9,900: The surviving Kaldorei, now known as night elves, abandon the use of arcane magic. They seclude themselves near Mount Hyjal and the World Tree and begin practicing a safer form of divine nature magic. In the following years, they exile the arcane-addicted Highborne and enshroud Kalimdor in mist.
-4,000: After years of a nomadic lifestyle the Highborne, now called high elves, extablish their new home on Lordaeron. They call it Quel'Thalas, creating their own source of magical energy, the Sunwell.
-2,800: Human tribes form the first human nation, Arathor. The high elves enter into an alliance with Arathor, teaching humans arcane magic.
-2,700: Human and high elf wizards form a secret order called the Guardians of Tirisfal.
-2,500: The Ironforge dwarves awaken in the underground, Titan-created city of Uldaman, Unaware of their heritage, they call their new civilization Khaz Modan.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

The Highborne are exiled and create a new civilization of High Elves. These elves teach humans magic and ally with them against the forest trolls (not metioned here but still happened). The IronForge dwarves wake up, but don't remember why they where created.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->-1,050: Aegwynn, Guardian of Tirisfal, defeats a small group of demons with the help of dragons. During the battle, the demon Sargeras infects her body and lies in wait. Unaware of her corruption, she buries Sargeras' physical body under the Great Sea.
-100: Sargeras' second-in-command, Kil'jaeden, begins to meddle with the orcs on the world of Draenor. He corrupts the shaman Ner'shul and begins to twist the peaceful orc race into a violent and savage one.
-46: Ner'zhul's eyes open to the damage done to his race, and he cuts contact with Kil'jaeden. The demon begins working on Ner'zhul's most powerful apprentice, Gul'dan. Gul'dan soon creates the Shadow Council, designed to give demonic spirits the bodies of orcs to create a mighty army.
-45: Aegwynn decides to bear a child and make it the new Guardian of Tirisfal. Sargeras' hibernating spirit quietly infects her unborn son.
-41: Under Gul'dan's Tutelage, the orcs learn demonic arcane magic, becoming warlcks and necromancers.
-40: The orc clans unite as the Horde,a bloodthirsty and corrupted group. Shamanism is outlawed.
-30: Aegwynn's son Medivh falls into a coma on his 14th birthday. Sargeras' spirit begins to corrupt the boy.
-19: After conquering all races on Draenor and befouling the land with their dark magic, the Horde falls into anarchy and civil war.
-5: Medivh is now a grown man and fully owned by Sargeras. The demon sends Gul'dan visions, showing him images of a ripe-for-the-conquering Azeroth. Medivh begins to forge the Dark Portal between Draenor and Azeroth. It is tiny, but it grows.
0: Orc scouts enter the Portal and begin exploring for a settlement area. They construct a small outpost in the uninhabited marshlands known as the Black Morass.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Demons corrupt the orcs and use Medivh to make a portal which leads the new orc Horde into Azeroth.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->1: The First War begins as Gul'dan forces Medigh's Portal side enough for the Horde to pour through and begin its invasion. The initial battles prove the orcs unprepared for the strength of the humans, and they are defeated repeatedly with a few survivors. Gul'dan's magic shields the orc encampment from prying eyes so the Horde can regroup.
2: Gul'dan forces a new Warchief to power: Blackhand the Destroyer. This cruel leader encourages the orcs to regroup for a new assault. The warlck recieves another vision, tempting him with the location of the Tomb of Sargeras. Durotan, chieftain of the Frostwolf clan, is ambushed by rival orcs. The assassins leave Durotan's infant son to the elements, but a human caravan under the command of Aedelas Blackmoore discovers the child and saves him. he is raised as a slave under the name of Thrall.
3: Lord Anduin Lothar discovers Medivh's betrayal. He slayw Medivh also destroying the spirit of Sargeras. Medivh's spirit excapes, however.
4: Blackhand the Destroyer is assassinated by Orgrim Doomhammer, who takes the mantle of Warchief of the Horde. He leads the Horde to sack Stormwind Keep. During the battle, Doomhammers loyal spies capture one of Gul'dan's assassins, Garona. They extract information from her concerning the Shadow Council. Cul'dan's warlcks are killed, but he is granted mercy. The humans conced the loss of Stormwind Keep and flee north to Lordaeron. The First War ends. Gul'dan raises Stormwind's fallen soldiers and names them death knights<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Warcraft 1: The orcs invade Azeroth. Lothar kills Medivh. Humans lose the war. Blackhand, the warchief, is assassinated and replaced by Doomhammer. Warlocks are killed and replaced by deathknights.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->5: The humans, dwarces and high elves form the Alliance, vowing to defeat the orcs. Sir Uther lighbringer founds and order of holy warriors known as the Knights of the Silver Hand. The Horde brings more forces through the Dark Portal to replenish their army.
6: The Second War begins as the Horde takes its new army - complete with their new allies, the jungle trolls (this is a typo, it should have said forest trolls) - north. They push into Lordaeron, destroying much of Quel'Thalas. The Alliance rallies and pushes Horde back to Stormwind Keep. Gul'dan, while trying to aid the Horde, is still obsessed with his own ambitions. He continues his search for Sargeras' tomb, entering a pact with demons loyal to the fallen Titan. He raises the Tomb from the ocean, freeing a swarm of demons trapped inside that kill him They do considerable damage to the Horde forces as well, weakening them. The Alliance pushes the disorganized Horde all the way back to the Dark Portal. Beloved Lord Anduin Lothar falls during the final battle but the Dark Portal is shattered. Many of the orcs who remain in Azeroth are incarcerated in prison camps by the Alliance. The Second War ends.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Warcraft II: The alliance fights back against the Horde, Gul'dan releases demons that kill him and much of the Horde, Lothar falls, humans destroy the dark portal.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->7: Ner'zhul accidentally tears Draenor apart in a catastrophic explosion by opening too many portals to other dimensions. The world's floating shards become known as Outland, now part of the Twisting Nether. Kil'jaeden captures Ner'zhul and transforms him inot the Lich King, encasing him in the ice of Northrend.
10: Ner'zhul, still powerful, corrupts the Archmage Kel'Thuzad and directs him to begin spreading a plague of undeath across Lordaeron. The wizard forms the Cult of the Damned to aid him.
16: Thrall escapes from Blackmoore and searches for other orcs to teach him of his heritage. He hears of the Warsong clan - the only free orc clan remaining - and of its ferocious leader, Grom Hellscream.
23: After joining the Orgrim Doomhammer and Hellscream, Thrall frees the captive orcs and reforms the Horde.
24: Doomhammer is slain in battle and Thrall becomes Warchief of the Horde. He reintroduces his people to the abandoned shamanistic culture of their ancestors.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Ner'zhul destroys Draenor and becomes th Lich King, starting the Scourge and making Kel'Thuzad create the Cult of the Damned. Thrall escapes the humans and reforms the Horde in a more shaministic and good image.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->25: The Cult of the Damned infects Lordaeron with the Lich King's plague. The Knights of the Silber Hand try to cure the disease, but fail. Prince Arthas of Lordaeron tracks the source of the plague to the Lich King in Northrend. He loses his soul to the cursed blad Frostmourne, becoming the Lich King's servant as a death Knight. Arthas returns to Lordaeron, assassinates King Terenas, and takes charge of the Scourge.
The Third War begins.
Kel'Thuzad, now a lich himself, summons forth the Burning Legion. Archimonde and his host of demons arrive in Dalaran. Fleeing the demons and undead, Alliance and Hoirde forces both travel west to the forgotten continent of Kalimdor.
Medivh's spirit has attained form and seeks to aid the Alliance and Horde foces against the Burning Legion. He urges their leaders -Jaina Proudmoore and Thrall - to unite, but they resist.
The Horde unwittingly offends the night elves by gathering lumber, and the following battles push Grom Hellscream to drink demon blood for greater power. Cenarius, and Ancien, is slain in the subsequent battle; and the night elves awaken the sleeping druids, including Malfurion Stormrage.
The Burning Legion arrives on Kalimdor, seeking the World Tree and the Well of Eternity.
Desperate for help, Tyrande Whipserwind frees Illidan from his prison. Illidan slays the demon responisble for corrupting Hellscream and his orcs (not really, that part was confusing), but is transformed into a demon in the process. Malfurion banishes him.
The now-desperate Alliance, Horde and night elf forces unite against the Burning Legion. Their final stand at the World Tree fails, but the night elves imbue the Tree with their immortality and all their power. The sheer glut of power rushes out of the tree and destroys Archimonde and his forces.
The Third War ends.
The night elves join the Alliance, recognizing the need for allies now that they are without their former power. Thrall and the Horde found a homeland in the desert of Kalimdor, naming it Durotar.
Jaoina leads the Alliance to an island off the coast of Kalimdor, founding the new home of the Alliance, called Theramore.
Illidan, now obsessed with finding artifacts such as the one that transformed him, awakens the amphibious race of naga. He journeys to the Tomb of Sargeras and finds the Eye of Sargeras.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Whew, Warcraft III: The Scourge, led by a now corrupt Prince Arthas, sacks Lordaeron and ushers in the Burning Legion. The Horde and much of the Alliance go to Kalimdor where they meet the night elves who battle the orcs for defiling their forests. Drinking demon blood, Grom kills Cenarious, and Ancient. Thrall and Jaina rescue Grom who kills Monoroth, but dies in the process. The Alliance, Horde, and night elves unite against the Burning Legion, and using the power of the Night elves, destroy Archimonde and much of his forces. Alliance and Horde found new homelands in Kalimdoe. Illidan was freed and uses the naga to find artifacts of power.

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->26: Illidan opens a portal from Lordaeron to Outland and flees there with his allies.
28: Arthas and his Scourge travel to Northrend to investigate the Lich King's throne. Illidan's forces return from Outland and lie in wait for Arthas' undead. Arthas' forces win the ensuing battle; he takes the Lich King's crown, infusing his body with the spirit of Ner'zhul and becoming the true lord of the Scourge.
Human forces begin to raid Durotar's small villages. Thrall sends scouts to investigate the situation.
29: Admiral Proudmoore. Jaina's father arrives on Theramore with the remainder of the Kul Tiras naby. He lands on Kalimdor and engages the Horde in a series of battles. The Horde pushes the battle back to Theramore, killing Admiral Proudmoore but leaving Jaina and those loyal to her alive.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->

Frozen Throne: Illidans forces attempt to intercept Arthas' undead after a journey to outland but fail. Sylvanis Windrunner, former high elf ranger, now undead, breaks the lich kings grip and forms a rogue group of undead called the Forsaken. Admiral Proudmoore leads an attack against the Horde but Thrall retaliates and kills him and his followers. (This bit was hard to play, very emotional).

<--c1-->
CODE
<--ec1-->30: Present time.<--c2-->
<--ec2-->
World of Warcraft.

There you have it. An almost in depth look at the history of Warcraft.
I apologise for the large post.
I now need to rest my fingers .

GL HF!

DarthSexyous Apr 17 2006, 11:01pm

Wow Thrall, that was the longest short explantion ever. Thanks, though.

-Insert Signiture Here-

Mad_Munky
Apr 17 2006, 11:03pm

The now-desperate Alliance, Horde and night elf forces unite against the Burning Legion. Their final stand at the World Tree fails, but the night elves imbue the Tree with their immortality and all their power. The sheer glut of power rushes out of the tree and destroys Archimonde and his forces

The world tree was always imbuned with the imortality of the Elves, it was not the extraordinary power that killed Archimonde, it was the will of nature carried out through the Wisps that brought him down before he could drink the imortalist of the world tree, but not before he doomed the tree to die.

Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

Thrall1138 Apr 17 2006, 11:09pm

<--QuoteBegin-Mad_Munky+Apr 17 2006, 07:03 PM-->
QUOTE(Mad_Munky @ Apr 17 2006, 07:03 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->The now-desperate Alliance, Horde and night elf forces unite against the Burning Legion. Their final stand at the World Tree fails, but the night elves imbue the Tree with their immortality and all their power. The sheer glut of power rushes out of the tree and destroys Archimonde and his forces

The world tree was always imbuned with the imortality of the Elves, it was not the extraordinary power that killed Archimonde, it was the will of nature carried out through the Wisps that brought him down before he could drink the imortalist of the world tree, but not before he doomed the tree to die.
[right][snapback]110679[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

A-ha! But then why after Warcraft III did the night elve become mortal just like everyone else? Tyrande and Malfurion had a discussion about this right before the final battle.

Nature rose up to banish the shadow, but the night elves helped.

GL HF!

Mad_Munky
Apr 17 2006, 11:22pm

The reason the NEs are mortal is because the Tree was their source of imortality and it was destroyed, but not consumed.

Thrall1138 Apr 17 2006, 11:48pm

Well, either way, the n elves are now mortal and the Tree went through some seriousely crazy stuff. Also, their are way to many "complete historys of Azeroth" out their, and all of them have something different in them. Eh...

GL HF!

Praetor
Apr 18 2006, 4:09am

The official one from Blizzard is pretty official. Nice history though.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

The Phoenix King Apr 18 2006, 9:51pm

While the Alliance = good, Horde = bad explanation was valid during the first two Warcraft games, Warcraft III saw a major departure from this. As it stands now, the Horde are good guys, just with different interests than the Alliance. Since the creation of the New Horde and the revival of shamanism, the orcs and their allies have no interest in conquest or domination. Generations of spiritual slavery under the Burning Legion and physical bondage by the humans have led them to forsake such actions. The core members of the Horde, namely the Orcs, Darkspear Trolls and the Tauren, seek only to build their homes in Kalimdor and find a place for themselves. The Forsaken are much more antagonistic, but their partnership with the Horde is an alliance of necessity, not a blood bond forged by the other three races. Regardless, the Horde will not hestate to destroy any aggressors that threaten their survival or their freedom, whether they be Alliance warriors or the minions of the Legion.

The core races of the Alliance, namely Humans, Dwarves and the Gnomes, are also stance allies, their unity created during the mayhem of the Second War. The Night Elves, like the Forsaken, are something of a perphery race, having joined the Alliance as a means of common defence. If Warcraft IV were to be made tomorrow, both the Night Elves and the Forsaken would be unique races rather than select units in the greater factions. The Alliance also just wants to live in peace, but old hatreds die hard and select groups on each side seek to reignite war and destroy the other. As a result, the pact between the Alliance and the Horde against the Burning Legion has become fractured, and the two sides find themselves at odds again. The official WoW site has the complete backstory for those who have not played the earlier games, so I'd recommend you take a look.

Check out my Fanfiction.Net Page at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/558585/

"Mighty Warlord Vermek Skab is dead, killed in a terrible accident involving a loaded crossbow and an exploding donkey." Grey Seer Thanquol, Skavenslayer
"I need to save a planet just to have a girlfriend?" Vergyl Tantor, Dune: The Bulterian Jihad
"Says 'hit any key'. Well, which one's the any key?" UED Marine, Starcraft: Brood War
Better to say nothing at all, than to say nothing using many words.

Naveegunner Apr 19 2006, 12:14am

Achievements: 1

<--QuoteBegin-Thrall1138+Apr 17 2006, 08:41 PM-->
QUOTE(Thrall1138 @ Apr 17 2006, 08:41 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->By the way, it is Warsong, not warsaw.
[right][snapback]110655[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

You know, I knew that, but my brain managed to scramble itself for that post

IPB Image
You're the only one who can keep my planes flying. I need my planes to fly.
Mod Edit: I broke the forum..... IPB Image -SSTwinrova
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

LordOfHatred Apr 19 2006, 11:19pm

<--QuoteBegin-Thrall1138+Apr 17 2006, 08:41 PM-->
QUOTE(Thrall1138 @ Apr 17 2006, 08:41 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->-14,000: The powerful Well of Eternity leaks magic into the community of Kaldorei living nearby, evolving them enough to create the first great civilization. As the Kaldorei investigate the Well, they releaste more magic into the world.

-9,900: The surviving Kaldorei, now known as night elves, abandon the use of arcane magic. They seclude themselves near Mount Hyjal and the World Tree and begin practicing a safer form of divine nature magic. In the following years, they exile the arcane-addicted Highborne and enshroud Kalimdor in mist.

23: After joining the Orgrim Doomhammer and Hellscream, Thrall frees the captive orcs and reforms the Horde.

Desperate for help, Tyrande Whipserwind frees Illidan from his prison. Illidan slays the demon responisble for corrupting Hellscream and his orcs (not really, that part was confusing), but is transformed into a demon in the process. Malfurion banishes him.

Illidan, now obsessed with finding artifacts such as the one that transformed him, awakens the amphibious race of naga. He journeys to the Tomb of Sargeras and finds the Eye of Sargeras.
[right][snapback]110655[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

-14,000: The Kaldorei were originally trolls that lived near the Well of Eternity, thus mutating them into Night Elves.

-9,9000: They practiced druidism.

23: Missing information. After Thrall met Hellscream, his explorations led him to the exiled Frostwolf clan. His father had died, so Thrall became the new chieftain of the Frostwolves. It was here that Drek'Thar, a very powerful far seer, taught Thrall the orc's shamanistic culture.

Illidan slays Tichondrius, who is one of the Dreadlords leading the attack on the Night Elves. To do this, he consumes a powerful artifact, the Skull of Gul'Dan, which transforms him into a demon. This is why he was banished.

The Naga were the Highborne that fell deep into the sea when the first Well of Eternity was destroyed.

IPB Image
My Warrior's Equipment
I could imagine a world that didn't know war, violence, or weapons. And I could imagine the looks on their faces when we attacked them, because they would never see it coming.

Thrall1138 Apr 21 2006, 7:20pm

<--QuoteBegin-Naveegunner+Apr 18 2006, 08:14 PM-->
QUOTE(Naveegunner @ Apr 18 2006, 08:14 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->You know, I knew that, but my brain managed to scramble itself for that post 
[right][snapback]110942[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
No problem, just reminding you.

<--QuoteBegin-LordOfHatred+Apr 19 2006, 07:19 PM-->
QUOTE(LordOfHatred @ Apr 19 2006, 07:19 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->-14,000: The Kaldorei were originally trolls that lived near the Well of Eternity, thus mutating them into Night Elves.

-9,9000: They practiced druidism.

23: Missing information. After Thrall met Hellscream, his explorations led him to the exiled Frostwolf clan. His father had died, so Thrall became the new chieftain of the Frostwolves. It was here that Drek'Thar, a very powerful far seer, taught Thrall the orc's shamanistic culture.

Illidan slays Tichondrius, who is one of the Dreadlords leading the attack on the Night Elves. To do this, he consumes a powerful artifact, the Skull of Gul'Dan, which transforms him into a demon. This is why he was banished.

The Naga were the Highborne that fell deep into the sea when the first Well of Eternity was destroyed.
[right][snapback]111156[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
If I was to put all the "correct" details in about Warcraft, no wait, that's impossible. There are way to many differences between games, books, more games, etc. I just quoted this directly from the WoW RPG book, no changes besides the note on forest trolls. Thanks for the extra stuff though.

P.S. Where did the info on the Kaldorei being trolls come from? And doesn't Druidism count as "divine nature magic?"

GL HF!

Praetor
Apr 21 2006, 9:31pm

I always just assumed the Kaldorei were just unevolved Night Elves. I dont think it ever said anywhere that they were trolls before they were changed by the energies of the well.

-Praetor
Patrick M.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Captain Morgan (29), spara10 (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List