You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   First reaction to the Flood
Trumpetman09
Mar 27 2009, 11:09pm

Achievements: 25

Well I accidentally skipped over the scene when the flood are shown..so when they first showed up i was like, HOLY CRAP! RUN!....yeah and I had to play halo in the dark very very late at night.

-------------------------------
Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Disease Mar 27 2009, 11:34pm

Achievements: 15

<--quoteo(post=248249:date=Mar 27 2009, 09:54 PM:name=64)-->
QUOTE (64 @ Mar 27 2009, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->9. Halo trivia is now appearing in Game Informer quizzes, that's how old it is.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

halo came out in 2001. it is currently 2009. so 8 laugh.gif

My Livestream Channel

S64 Mar 28 2009, 12:12am

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.
Achievements: 12

2001? Was it early 2001? Cuz I could've sworn it was 2000...

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

Reaper195 Mar 28 2009, 12:42am

Achievements: 18

NA November 15, 2001
EU March 14, 2002
AUS March 14, 2002

America got it five or so months before the rest of the world. But essentially, it was about 8 years ago. And it's easy to tell when you play Halo 3 for a few hours, Crysis, Far Cry 2, Fable II, FE.A.R. 2, RE5, Mirror's Edge and then you play Halo CE. It's not as bad as comparing Assassins Creed to f**king Wolfenstein.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

S64 Mar 28 2009, 1:21am

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.

Yeah, in Halo, Master Chief is the Amazing Box-Man.

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

Reaper195 Mar 28 2009, 4:08am

Hehehe...it was always fun to see all the same animation when you exploded a corpse in the air and wheel their arms and legs around.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Apr 13 2009, 1:23am

Yeah but the gameplay was incredible.

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Aglor Apr 18 2009, 12:16am

Achievements: 20

No doubt about that.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

floodrock Jun 14 2009, 10:36pm

playing through halo 2 and realizing how much I playing as the Arbiter against flood.

idk

-Aglor

Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

floodrock Dec 6 2010, 11:05pm

Ahhhh, the Flood, i miss the flood.....

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

Reaper195 Dec 7 2010, 2:18am

I don't. I was half expecting The Flood to appear in Reach somehow. They worked well in 1 and 2. Three was somewhat too much, although I guess they were important to the story arc.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

The Muffin King Dec 7 2010, 6:50pm

<--quoteo(post=161661:date=Dec 11 2006, 08:26 PM:name=t3h_muff1n_k!ng)-->
QUOTE (t3h_muff1n_k!ng @ Dec 11 2006, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->...I hope they bring the fear factor of the flood back in Halo 3. Make them more of a threat then they were in Halo 2 and possibly show the horrible change from human to flood combat form in a gruesome cut scene.

I can imagine a level being on earth after High Charity like crash lands on like the other side of Earth or something releasing all the little flooies on the poor already utterly destroyed human forces. Imagine going through one of the later levels, going through an entire city and all you hear is like a high pitched screech from a flood combat form and then the usual frightening gurgling noise. Then all of a sudden they just like start to swarm around you—crashing out of windows, falling ff of buildings, coming up from the sewers. That'd make my day (and scare the living crap outta me) biggrin.gif<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
I like how I was for the most part right about this tongue.gif Still not nearly enough human levels in Halo 3 but Reach made up for that.

Also, necro-bump much? The last post was from Summer '09 blink.gif

Signatures are for chumps

Reaper195 Dec 8 2010, 12:10am

Just went back a couple of pages. Went dark in 07 in June, then was necroed in 08, then died in june agian, then necroed a year later on another june (Or July, CBF going back to check). This thread is necromancy win!

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Dec 8 2010, 12:11pm

Its a thread about the flood....

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

Reaper195 Dec 8 2010, 8:11pm

OH SNAP! I see what you did thar!

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Dec 8 2010, 9:57pm

hehehehehhehe

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Nerrolken (31), xX Church Xx (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List