You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   First reaction to the Flood
odstsilva Mar 26 2005, 2:57am

Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Wantirna South, my house, computer room, chair
Achievements: 0

I had already read the books, before I got up to the level, 343 Guilty Spark, and in the books the flood seemed really freaky, so when MC was watching Pvt Jenkins video, my heart started pounding at a thousand Kilometres an hour. But when I started shootin the infection forms I was like "oh this is so easy" and then when I saw a combat form, I was like "HOLY SHIT DIE!!". I wasted all my ammo shooting 3 of the combat forms, just to make sure they were dead. So as you are probably thinking, I was pretty screwed after that.

-------------------------------
America is the only place in the world where the pizza guy comes to your house faster than the ambulence

If either one of us says crap I expect you to ask what colour, how much,and where do you want it?

Dont bother reading this, I just put it here to make my sig look bigger.

I do not want a picture here for some reason so dont tell me i should cause for the moment i dont

Dizzy Falcon Mar 26 2005, 5:53am

I didn't think it possible for anyone to read The Flood before playing Halo.

I was basically just running around killing them while wondering "wtf....?".

Rescudo Mar 26 2005, 6:12am

Achievements: 15

This poll has also already been made. However, it has died out, so I see no problem you doing it My first reaction was wtf... too, but then I just wanted to get outta here

*lurk*

Eza Mar 26 2005, 7:52am

Achievements: 1

run, run as fast as i can. They still caught me because im not the ginger bread man

- - - - -

Ez@rt 07

Rescudo Mar 26 2005, 7:56am

I hated the Library, it was a pure chamber of torture, to put it that way! I hated it.

*lurk*

Trance Mar 26 2005, 12:13pm

Achievements: 14

When I saw the Flood at first, I was thinking, "That hideously mutated walking bag of flesh coming right at me is probably not friendly." But at least they taught me efficient ways of staying away from something. On the first game I played, however, I didn't listen clearly to the Monitor during my romp through the Library, so I was a bit confused as to where the Flood actually came from, and what their purpose was on the ring.

grunty_thirst Mar 27 2005, 4:46am

Aaaaaahhhhhh! Die you F***ERS! I mean what the hell?
I was just wanting to pass library so i wouldn't have to play it again until on next difficulty! And then they'd come back to life (as much life as a mutant can) and I was like Holy S***! Aaaahhhh! Let me out! I'm to important to die!

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

DEADHAWK076 Mar 27 2005, 6:01pm

The Flood scared the f**k out of me!! I was late getting Halo (I got it on November 9 along with Halo 2, I was hooked after that) my friends all said that I was going to be scared at that level, but I had no Idea. after the cutsene where you see the private jinkins tape, I had to pause and get over my fear before I could continue. I was like master Chief from TSAH when he said "to hell with this, I'm not paid to star in Resident Evil!" then runs out in fear.

IPB Image
"Jack expected an elite in a Ghost... He got a big shock!" (I'm the blue guy)
tyvm for the pic Geo.c Ghost

IPB Image
I'm the far right

if you don't have anything good to say, post it on the forums

MassacrMan Mar 27 2005, 7:32pm

My first reaction.This is a direct quote of my friend. " WTF !!!!!!!! GET AWAY FROM ME !!!!!! My reaction. "Holy S**T !!!" and yes, i used to hate the library alot. But for some reason im starting to like it .

Red Vs. Blue episode -- 54

radio-- Distress, distress, a little more disstress. Oh man that's alot of distress.

Simmons- That's all it says doesnt even say where or who !

Sarge-- We know who it is, it's on the radar open channel. That means the reds have survived into the future. Don't ya see what this means ?

Grif-- *sigh* Tht we have absolutly no hope of getting out of this army ?

Sarge-- NO ! it means we mustive beaten the blues ! Otherwise there wouldn't be any reds left. Finally Victory is ours ! Wait a minute, this means i'm missing the entire war aww Dammit !

Grif-- Yeah everything must be great thats why they sent out a "distress signal."

Donut-- Maybe it's not a distress signal !
Maybe it's a this dress signal ! Or maybe it's some open invitation to a formal ball !!

Grif-- Ok ? Lets go with Sarge's version.
user posted image

Hells Spartan Mar 27 2005, 7:57pm

Don't we already have one of these topics?

user posted image
NSCS
user posted image

Spartan one one seven Mar 28 2005, 11:10pm

There a frickin pain in the @$$, especially in the library, with the combat forms armed with the rocket launcher.

One man army, hidden in the battlefield,watching, waiting for that one change to turn the tide of battle with a single percise shot.http://members.iinet.net.au/~wogan/site/images/sasuke-chidori.gif

odstsilva Mar 29 2005, 3:37am

Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne, Wantirna South, my house, computer room, chair

<--QuoteBegin-Hells Spartan+Mar 28 2005, 10:27 AM-->
QUOTE(Hells Spartan @ Mar 28 2005, 10:27 AM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Don't we already have one of these topics?
[right][snapback]6740[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes but the last topic was just on infection forms, i'm talking about the flood as a whole

America is the only place in the world where the pizza guy comes to your house faster than the ambulence

If either one of us says crap I expect you to ask what colour, how much,and where do you want it?

Dont bother reading this, I just put it here to make my sig look bigger.

I do not want a picture here for some reason so dont tell me i should cause for the moment i dont

missileblade Apr 18 2005, 7:09pm

first reaction to the flood?

hmm...

3 o'clock in the morning, in the house on my own and suddenly i'm attacked by these freaky-ass zombies, it scared the hell outta me! so i jus went insane and started loosing lead

5 million grunts danced with pitchforks opened their mouths and sang with their fellow Jackals who hesitated because they couldnt speak english and therefore barked and chirped like a bunch of mutated chickens with their heads cut off, the grunts were disgusted with the terrible noise and decided to make farting noises this offended the cleric and he started humping the Master cheifs leg who had just drank a gallon of medicine because he had just decided he wanted to drink bleach to keep his stomach from exploding.

-very funny paragraph made in the "3 word" topic-

-thanks to odstsilva, elvislives, Doomhammer-

my fav MMORPGs ...check them out
Stargate wars
Universe quest

Greenvsred Apr 18 2005, 7:19pm

My first reaction was "Uh-Oh these guys don't look very good" Than i proceeded to waste them with a shotgun after i died several hundred times.

user posted image
Sig Created by Geo.c Ghost
user posted image

ShdwWraith Apr 18 2005, 7:28pm

Well, i saw them, and i thought, hell, they look kinda cool.
Then a combat form jumps at me.........
**ouch**

Maybe i shoudn't have played Halo through on Legendary first time............

Gruntarus Apr 18 2005, 8:47pm

I thought they were bouncing heads of doom that bite you. But then I called them flood. And now I call them BOUNCING PATATO'S!

user posted image
Visit My Site, Click The Bar Above!
user posted image
Help My Army On Dark Throne Grow Bigger!
Get Your Own Bar Signatures!!
"The Only Real Noobs Are The Ones That Use The Word"
"Milk or Cheese? Jeez! Its Cheese!"

Hells Spartan Apr 18 2005, 8:49pm

My friend said that they looked like onion peelings. What the fuck!?

user posted image
NSCS
user posted image

grunty_thirst Apr 19 2005, 2:37am

<--QuoteBegin-Hells Spartan+Apr 19 2005, 12:49 AM-->
QUOTE(Hells Spartan @ Apr 19 2005, 12:49 AM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->My friend said that they looked like onion peelings. What the fuck!?
[right][snapback]12093[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, wtf? I thought the infection forms, the little flood lokked like some strange fish/squid-like thing but onion peelings?

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Rescudo Apr 19 2005, 11:09am

<--QuoteBegin-Hells Spartan+Apr 19 2005, 02:49 AM-->
QUOTE(Hells Spartan @ Apr 19 2005, 02:49 AM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->onion peelings
[right][snapback]12093[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
LOL??

*lurk*

missileblade Apr 19 2005, 12:00pm

for sum reason me and my friend have gotten into the habit of calling the xploding flood big boobies.............dont ask

5 million grunts danced with pitchforks opened their mouths and sang with their fellow Jackals who hesitated because they couldnt speak english and therefore barked and chirped like a bunch of mutated chickens with their heads cut off, the grunts were disgusted with the terrible noise and decided to make farting noises this offended the cleric and he started humping the Master cheifs leg who had just drank a gallon of medicine because he had just decided he wanted to drink bleach to keep his stomach from exploding.

-very funny paragraph made in the "3 word" topic-

-thanks to odstsilva, elvislives, Doomhammer-

my fav MMORPGs ...check them out
Stargate wars
Universe quest

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Nerrolken (31), xX Church Xx (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List