You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Forsaken   »   Speculation from the Teaser
Rescudo Apr 16 2006, 4:30pm

Achievements: 15

I know it's not supposed to tell me much... it's just that... nevermind.

-------------------------------
*lurk*

DEADHAWK076 Apr 17 2006, 4:49pm

Achievements: 0

to me it looks kinda standard RPGish. some guy who knows very little about his destiny is accompanied by a night elf and a badass paladin.

IPB Image
"Jack expected an elite in a Ghost... He got a big shock!" (I'm the blue guy)
tyvm for the pic Geo.c Ghost

IPB Image
I'm the far right

if you don't have anything good to say, post it on the forums

Mad_Munky
Apr 17 2006, 8:00pm

It's an over the hill Paladin, and I saw nothing in there to indicate a NE main character.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

The Phoenix King Apr 18 2006, 10:13pm

It should be interesting on who the main antagonist of the story turns out to be. One of the great things about Warcraft is that there is no one set foe to fight, like in LotR. I doubt that the Horde will be cast as the "forces of evil", because it's pretty unlikely considering the return of shamanism and Thrall's leadership over the Horde. The Forsaken are a definite possibility (and not just because of the title! The pact between the Horde and the Forsaken is based on pure necessity, and the core races do not fully trust their undead allies. As well, Thrall exerts little influence over the Forsaken, and Sylvanas is the ultimate political realist, willing to betray the Horde and strike out on her own if it suits her interests. The Forsaken have demonstrated a willingness to acheive victory by any means necessary, so I would not be surprised if a schism between the two occurs.

Next, the Burning Legion could serve as the main foe. The Legion has tried to destroy Azeroth twice and failed, so a vengeful return is not out of the question. Throughout WoW one may find groups of demons still inhabiting the planet, and it would tie in well to the growing hype about the Burning Crusade expansion. Even if the Legion itself does not make a return, they have many mortal servants working to cause havoc. The Shadow Council is a major enemy in Kalimdor, and Horde players often find quests sending them against the Council, even in the heart of Orgrimmar itself. Members of the Syndicate have been connected to the Legion, while Night Elf players may find themselves fighting the Cult of the Dark Strand in Darkshore. All told, the Burning Legion and its mortal lackeys could prove to be a possible enemy.

Ner'zhul currently stands as the most powerful being in Azeroth, and in the five long years since the destruction of the Frozen Throne, the ranks of the Scourge may have recovered. The influence of the Old Gods spreads further and further as well, with Ragnaros inhabiting the fiery heart of Blackrock Mountain, C'Thun sending his armies forth from Ahn'Qiraj and Silithus, and the Twilight's Hammer Clan now serving the malevolent deities. These are just a few ideas on who (or what) the heroes of this tale could be fighting, but I'm certain that Patrick has made a good decision regardless.

Check out my Fanfiction.Net Page at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/558585/

"Mighty Warlord Vermek Skab is dead, killed in a terrible accident involving a loaded crossbow and an exploding donkey." Grey Seer Thanquol, Skavenslayer
"I need to save a planet just to have a girlfriend?" Vergyl Tantor, Dune: The Bulterian Jihad
"Says 'hit any key'. Well, which one's the any key?" UED Marine, Starcraft: Brood War
Better to say nothing at all, than to say nothing using many words.

Praetor
Apr 19 2006, 10:35pm

Ah, but the Frozen Throne was never actually destroyed. Arthas/Ner'zhul still sits on it and extends his influence out over the Ice Crown and the lands of Northrend.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

LordOfHatred Apr 19 2006, 10:54pm

Technically, it was destroyed. Arthas shattered the Frozen Throne so that he could become one with Ner'Zhul. Well, the icy part of the throne at least.

IPB Image
My Warrior's Equipment
I could imagine a world that didn't know war, violence, or weapons. And I could imagine the looks on their faces when we attacked them, because they would never see it coming.

The Phoenix King Apr 19 2006, 10:58pm

<--QuoteBegin-Praetor+Apr 19 2006, 10:35 PM-->
QUOTE(Praetor @ Apr 19 2006, 10:35 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Ah, but the Frozen Throne was never actually destroyed.  Arthas/Ner'zhul still sits on it and extends his influence out over the Ice Crown and the lands of Northrend.
[right][snapback]111140[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Good point. I was referring to the actual block of ice that Ner'zhul was trapped in, not the literal throne that the Lich King now sits upon. My apologies, I should have been more clear with that statement. Now, Ner'zhul is even more powerful, as he still maintains the telepathic powers he held while entombed within the Throne (the ice block-thingy) while possessing a physical body. It should be interesting to see when he strikes again....

Check out my Fanfiction.Net Page at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/558585/

"Mighty Warlord Vermek Skab is dead, killed in a terrible accident involving a loaded crossbow and an exploding donkey." Grey Seer Thanquol, Skavenslayer
"I need to save a planet just to have a girlfriend?" Vergyl Tantor, Dune: The Bulterian Jihad
"Says 'hit any key'. Well, which one's the any key?" UED Marine, Starcraft: Brood War
Better to say nothing at all, than to say nothing using many words.

Praetor
Apr 20 2006, 3:00am

I was just being overly technical. It will be interesting to see when the Lich King strikes again. Hopefully, they'll add him in as some seriously awesome end game content in an expansion or patch.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

Naveegunner Apr 20 2006, 1:03pm

Achievements: 1

The next expansion will probably be Northerend, so yeah.

But in patch 1.11 they are adding Kel'Thuzad's necropolis as a raid dungeon, woot.

IPB Image
You're the only one who can keep my planes flying. I need my planes to fly.
Mod Edit: I broke the forum..... IPB Image -SSTwinrova
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

LordOfHatred Apr 20 2006, 8:06pm

Nah, I'm thinking its a little lame that they would make the Lich King's most powerful lieutenant able to be killed by 40 adventurers. I'm just hoping that Kel'thuzad will somehow still be alive at the end of the instance.

IPB Image
My Warrior's Equipment
I could imagine a world that didn't know war, violence, or weapons. And I could imagine the looks on their faces when we attacked them, because they would never see it coming.

Praetor
Apr 21 2006, 6:27pm

Who says he's easy to kill?

The boss in MC is one of the elemental gods from the Old World, and he isnt exactly a breeze to take down.

I think it's cool that they are finally connecting the dots. It's good to see the story finally coming full circle. The expansion will deal with Illidan, and hopefully the one after that will be Northrend. I'm really excited.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

Anubis Apr 22 2006, 11:44am

Good call, mayone here acutally play WOW?

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pain is an illusion of the body, despair is an illusion of the mind.

Mad_Munky
Apr 22 2006, 11:58am

Lots of us, on many different server. Personally I have characters on 3 servers.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

Rescudo Apr 22 2006, 12:37pm

Achievements: 15

And more WoW fans will surely be coming now.

*lurk*

Praetor
Apr 23 2006, 7:24pm

There's a character thread in the forums. I'm going to get it moved I think, if it isnt already in the WoW section.

IPB Image
My Blog <-- T3h Blog

Nemesis May 18 2006, 8:54pm

i think the exile idea should be right...but i am really looking forward to episode 1...sometimes i need to get into an epic series like the codex, im starting to get tired of the random things going on in red vs blue.

IPB Image

ImScaredSOS Jun 27 2006, 2:51am

this should be good thead in WOW

IPB Image
IPB Image
[Stats of June 27 & 28]

inhumanknight Aug 26 2006, 10:04am

wow, i dont know anything about WoW and considerin i was the biggest warcraft 2 fanatic i should be ashamed sad.gif

a metal trivium phsyco

Check me out at www.myspace.com/byron_trivium

Anubis Aug 28 2006, 1:59pm

How are you filming it praetor,are you going a quiet server to do it so that no one bothers you? I would imagine if you were doing something odd for the filming some random ppl will be going up to you and asking what your doing and getting in the camera's way

IPB Image

IPB Image
Pain is an illusion of the body, despair is an illusion of the mind.

Ghost_Jake Aug 29 2006, 1:04am

Achievements: 9

i know of several placees "on teh line" where one could download the tools to set up and run a private server. it wouldnt be very hard... plus, you wouldnt have to deal with idiots running around, getting in your way, or causing trouble. you could also admit only the essential crew to such a server, keeping the storyline in the hands of only thouse you trust.

lol, you could even pull a George Lucas, and fake out the crew. he filmed a scene in "The Empire Strikes Back" where Vader, instead of saying "I am your father", "I killed your father". later, he went back with a skeleton crew of only people he personally trusted, and blew the minds of the public and almost everyone he had worked with. it was the last thing they expected, and he did an excellent job of hiding the suprise.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
scar415 (29), Zofinda (29)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List