You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Videos   »   Favorite Episode
ImScaredSOS Jun 26 2006, 5:06am

Achievements: 0

episode 4-1. I havent watch them all.

-------------------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
[Stats of June 27 & 28]

tb2571989
Jun 26 2006, 5:11am

Achievements: 17

Ah...What? Do you mean 4? or 20?

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Liana Jun 26 2006, 2:24pm

Achievements: 1

Well, whatever he means, welcome to the forums!

ImScaredSOS Jun 26 2006, 5:54pm

nvm i just watch the till 18. so 18 is my favorite.

IPB Image
IPB Image
[Stats of June 27 & 28]

D]i[E Jul 5 2006, 3:27am

I just sat here and watched them all (for the first time) and I have to say, 18 was the best. But everytime Jack charged the elites (esp. with all the other humans) was pretty tight.

Liana Jul 5 2006, 9:40am

Achievements: 1

Welcome to the forums!

Gaia
Jul 6 2006, 9:49am

Achievements: 15

<--quoteo(post=106910:date=Apr 7 2006, 12:30 PM:name=mplacki)-->
QUOTE(mplacki @ Apr 7 2006, 12:30 PM) [snapback]106910[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Episode 18 is the best episode I have ever seen - not just from this series, but of all the Machinima series' I've seen. There's something about the way the Chief and the Praetor use the same words that really makes you think...

EDIT: Aside from flawless blend of music, voice acting, and camera angles, one particular shot I thought was really cool was timing the reloading with the drumbeats. Just a minor detail that made a big impact, in my opinion.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
i totally agree with the point about how using the same words makes you think. to me, this is what elevates the codex above most other machinima and many live movies....the way it takes the story from one of human vs elite to one of universal themes and a commentary on the nature of war itself.

<--quoteo(post=107106:date=Apr 8 2006, 03:27 AM:name=Wild Weasel)-->
QUOTE(Wild Weasel @ Apr 8 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]107106[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
The speech was the coolest moment in the whole series. A seriously awesome piece of filming. Running a close second for me was just after candy left jack in the codex, where the elites come through the door, jack loads his shotgun, and then there is that AWESOME falling shot of the battle...brilliant.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
and this is the other thing i thought was brilliant....how much emotion can be conveyed by two people without the benefit of facial expression and in Jack's case, even without words. the way he lingers at where she stood and then slowly drops his head......... and then the music shifts and he steels himself to his job and his fate........OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yesssss, that drop shot was genius!!!!!!!! zomg!!!

but yeah...18. purely excellent filmmaking. period.

Thanks to Of Doom, SB, Vagna, Chickenyoda2, Thrall, and Sparx for my beautiful sig pics.
And thanks to SB, Keyes, Caboose, Geo, and Muffin for my awesome birthday pics!

Thank you for the pips TB!!

"I'm not bad.....I'm just drawn that way." ~ Jessica Rabbit
"That in which you have confidence will come to you, be it good or bad. Believe it and it is yours." Campbell
"Whatever you believe you can do, begin it, for boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Goethe
"Whether your sunglasses are off or on, you only see the world you make." Raitt
"Gaia is the Goddess of the Forums" - RvB_Private_Caboose
"Texas: We have Gaia. t3h win" - Naveegunner
"OMG, U R So 1337!!!!!111oneoneone" - SMJ
See ya...sweetie.

Thank you soooooooo much TB2571989.

Fish Jul 6 2006, 3:05pm

Achievements: 12

When making a machinima, you have to pay extra attention to the emotional movements of the characters, and the codex crew did a very good job of that throughout the series.

Also, I have noticed that Alex is a very music-based editor. Throughout the series, you can also see that shots, cuts, and other movements are frequently timed with the music. It's similar to the way I edit and it's a very effective tool.

ilikeme00000 Jul 17 2006, 10:08am

Definatly episode 10. I love the stealth mission. Stealth missions always are cool for me. I watched the whole series yesterday and that one inspired me to write a stealth mission script for my machinima company. Episode 18 and 20 were also great. It's amazing that they can make something that great. I love the fight scene at the end too. Classic good vs evil battle but done very well.

Zocano Sep 4 2006, 7:37pm

18. No questions asked. The speech is the best thing in this series + my second favorite music = the best episode.... ever.

"All the love I've met, I have no regrets. If it all ends now, I'm set" -Lost Prophets

Quint Sep 6 2006, 1:04pm

Achievements: 10

I hope Alex takes this into account for 'The Heretic'. We want a cool speech!

Wild Weasel Sep 11 2006, 6:32am

Definitely. Motivational speaking rocks! biggrin.gif

Get your own Gamercard Sig.

Legendary Elite Sep 14 2006, 8:40am

I would definately have liked to vote for a number of episodes especially episode 6 which had the scene at the end of it where all the Spartans fired their rockets which I thought was an excellant idea! I thought the base was actually firing those rockets and it was something I never thought of too! Awesome I thought especially when Jack ran out there in Episode 7 and just masacared the Covenant. He did good!

Rallying the Troops episode 18 was definately an excellent one on the scene with the speech like they have in most war-based movies. That speech always makes you feel good inside and the way the music was combined on that episode was definately the best outta the Codex.

But Episode 20 was definately the best. Especially when you loose one of the most favored characters, you also got to see the Praetor battle for once against someone which was none other than the Cleric. I reckon the sword cancelling which is meant to look like thier blades are hitting was good. I thought that took a while to get that fight scene right but it was definately one of the best.

So my vote had to be on Episode 20.

S64 Jun 13 2007, 4:09pm

Location: The mystical land where rap doesn't exist. I love where I am.
Achievements: 12

Ah the speech to episode 18. I'm gonna go change my sig to that speech now.

*Leaves*

There are no transcripts! Which means I'm gonna have to wait till after I get out of this crappy summer camp to have sound. AGHHHHHHHGERFUKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Should also get into this. I don't wanna fight off Ms. Fry-Pan-and-Supa-MAC-wielding-God-modding-word-I-can't-say-for-fear-of-being-ripped-to-f(bleep)ing-shreds by myself.
-Spazbro, giving a short description of me

I wanna go out the same way I came in. Kicking, screaming, and in a vagina.
-Scar

My hobby: Going to scary movies, waiting till intense parts, then pushing the person in front of me.

-Prophet of Ph34r
-Prophet of Peace

GeorgeK_16 Sep 24 2009, 2:33am

My favourite installment would have to be episode 18. For me, the speech represented the culmination of all that was experienced in the series. It showcased the very best that The Codex had to offer. I also enjoyed the drama, suspense and character development of many of the other episodes. It's great to see how the series developed as time went on. There is certainly a difference between episodes 1 and 20!

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering the dirt thinking what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire. No, your world will burn until its surface it but glass! And not even your Demon will rise, blackened from its hole, to mare reflection of our passage; the culmination of our journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!" - Prophet of Truth, Halo 3

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
ErewothesEe (50), MassacrMan (29)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List