You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Machinima   »   Tree of the Prophets
KaisRahl Mar 22 2006, 11:37pm

Achievements: 0

Hey guys im fairly new to machinama making but ive been a fan for quite a while. Im starting my own machinima this weekend tenatively called Tree of the Prophets. As you can tell from the title its mostly about a tree. Im basing the story a few years after Halo 2 (and maybe Halo 3 depending on what time slot they make that game in). The Elites will be completely kicked out of the covenant and have been replaced by the Brutes. Seeking redemption and re-entry into the covenant the remaining Elites go in search of the fabled Tree of the Prophets, said to be the birthplace of the very first prophet who spread the word of the Great Journey. Obviously the Human forces will also discover this tree as well as its importance to the Elites. An all out war will quickly follow to determine who will be the master of the Tree of the Prophets! whew. not to go on and on about the story cause its not supposed to be a book, but just wanted to know what you guys thought of the story and any willing voice actors to let me know gamertag{Kais40k}

[Edit]: I am currently looking for voice actors. If anyone is able to help me please let me know. Anykind of voices will work. Pm for script details.

Spartan Foods Mar 23 2006, 12:14am

Achievements: 2

Sweet, that's pretty cool.

Except I'm confused on why the humans as a whole would be introduce in a "convenant-only" uprisal...

And why is the tree of such a high significance, or is that something I will have to wait and figure out?

-------------------------------
A signature.

KaisRahl Mar 23 2006, 8:00am

Yeah youll find out the tree signifigance later, but as for the humans.... Well the tree is going to be located in an abandoned human colony(abandoned for some unkown reason). Supposedly a covenant ship was delivering the tree when it crashed on the planet. The humans will be flying past the planet and they pick up a HUGE energy reading from the tree. Then they intercept a message from the elites about the importance of the tree.

Spartan Foods Mar 24 2006, 1:13am

Adandoned human colony.. I have something like that in my movie too, lol.

Ok, I get it now. Well I'm looking forward to seeing your movie... whenever that will be.

A signature.

Neon Mar 24 2006, 1:17am

ya i think that is cool but the way halo 2 ended it looks like the elites might just join the humans side to get revenge on the prophets

Is going to have to work with sig later.

Naveegunner Mar 24 2006, 1:28am

Achievements: 1

Who cares? This is machinima.

IPB Image
You're the only one who can keep my planes flying. I need my planes to fly.
Mod Edit: I broke the forum..... IPB Image -SSTwinrova
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

KaisRahl Mar 24 2006, 7:58am

Thats one of the first thoughts i had Neon, about the elites joining the humasn. But then later i decided that the elites are just too fanatical to abandon their covenant ya know?

KaisRahl

Naveegunner Mar 25 2006, 5:30am

And again, it doesn't matter. You are making your own story, do whatever you want. Rewrite the whole Halo story, just make it good!

IPB Image
And yes, I am going to e-mail EA. I hope their customer service is good. -tb2571989

KaisRahl Mar 25 2006, 7:15pm

Good news guys. We just finished the trailer and i should be posting it tonight or tommorow, so check back soon for your first glimpse at the Tree of the Prophets!

Spartan Foods Mar 26 2006, 2:00am

Post NOW!!!!

lol

A signature.

KaisRahl Mar 28 2006, 6:17pm

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We seem to have hit a snag with releasing the trailer. I'm using studio 9 Plus to edit the video and my audio cuts out after 7 seconds of playing. If anyone could help me out with this it would be much appreciated. In the meantime just hang in there for the trailer.

KaisRahl

DerFrownmacher Mar 28 2006, 6:50pm

Yeah. I used to use Studio 9, but stopped after it ruined a project for about the fifth time. You may wanna try something new.

However, as a quick fix to your current problem, rendering the video in smaller chunk and then putting it back together with another program (WMM works for this) seems to stop some of the problems. Some of them . . .

Good luck!

user posted image
user posted image

KaisRahl Apr 2 2006, 7:30pm

Allright you guys. Here it is. The Trailer for the Tree of the Prophets. Enjoy!

Link:Tree of the Prophets Trailer

1254MAN Apr 2 2006, 8:49pm

nice trailer KaisRahl can't wait for the series to start GJ

Everything Will Be Blacker Than The Blackest Black Times Infinity
Check this band out ILL NINO
Tool's Main Page
"It's easier to make children than it is to go to college"
My Covenant Elite Name is:Elmi 'Farudee and my rank is Gold
THE FIRE BEFORE CHRISTMAS STORY
Wanna See Pics From The Upcoming Halo Movie Click Here
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
500th post 11/21/05 @ 8:50
Asked some questions to one of my favorite bands Ill Nino 7/27/06 @ 7:05
Got a shoutout from The Urban Assault Show 7/27/06 @ 8:07
My Artpad Elite
Boat

Jim_Raynor Apr 2 2006, 9:35pm

Achievements: 8

Here's what I thought of the trailer. I didn't really like the whole thing in the beginning with the cutscene footage and text. We've all seen that a million times, and we already know what happened with the elites and all. But it got a lot better when you started using you're own footage. The only other thing I didn't like was the song choice of O Fortuna. It was sort of a similar song to the song before it, and also it is used WAY too much these days. In every other movie we here that song. But other than that it was pretty good.

Saw some wookiees.

IPB Image
SNAKES ON A PLANE

Naveegunner Apr 3 2006, 1:20pm

Okay, the music transition sucked. That was faaar to abrupt. Try fading from one music track to another more smoothly rather than letting one end and starting another.

I'm going to ignore the cutscene footage because all that shows is that you can cut and paste. So when I say beginning I am starting from where it says "The war has begun."

In the beginning it wasn't all that great. It was fairly boring and static. In my opinion the sniper near the start was bad. He shot four shots without changing his view. What was he shooting at? Does it take four high powered shots to take down one foe? Make him change targets and shoot slower.
Afterwards. it got pretty good. The banshee flyby scene on the camera was nice, except the banshee lagged a bit, fix that. The vehicle shots were all pretty nice, they were exciting and well done. The rocket group was also nice.

All in all, it needs work, but looks promising. Forgive me if I was too blunt in some areas, I really did like it.

IPB Image

KaisRahl Apr 3 2006, 4:23pm

Hey guys thanks for responding to the trailer. I really appreciate the advice. Most people would just get mad and yell like idiots but now i have stuff to keep in mind once the series starts. Keep commenting and let me know what could be better. Thank all.

KaisRahl

lazyslothboy Apr 3 2006, 5:58pm

I really enjoyed the trailer cant wait for the series to start,

just 1 question

Why is it called the tree of the prophets if they were betrayed by them?

everyone loves cheese

DerFrownmacher Apr 3 2006, 6:08pm

I really didnt mind the music transition, and liked the music you used in the first part. Was that from Kameo?

Anyhow, after I got past the narration and cinematics (it's cool to use some, but try to mix it up a bit, and ensure they all have a reasonable place in the final product), your footage was all fairly well and timed (though it did seem to be a gunfire montage).

Looking forward to the real thing.

user posted image
user posted image

Zukan Apr 3 2006, 7:33pm

Achievements: 13

<--QuoteBegin-DerFrownmacher+Apr 3 2006, 11:08 PM-->
QUOTE(DerFrownmacher @ Apr 3 2006, 11:08 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->I really didnt mind the music transition, and liked the music you used in the first part. Was that from Kameo?
[right][snapback]105591[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
All of the music snippets featured in the vid was "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List