You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   What's on your mind? How are you feeling today?
spartan108 Jan 11 2006, 6:47pm

Achievements: 8

What is on your mind today? How are you feeling today? Each day starting today tell how you feel and what is on your mind... Maybe people can help if you are feeling sad...

I, infact, am very happy today because I am getting my new computer tomorrow! What about you? These are my favorite kind of topics because they can go on for hours and hours and they accully mean somthing and lead somewhere.

Remember that you say how you feel everyday! So, for example: today I would port that I am happy ! Tomorrow, I may post that I am feeling angry.

So, lets get to the point... What is on your mind today? How are you feeling today?

squattingb
Jan 11 2006, 7:09pm

Achievements: 24

Ooooo so many things where to start?

Well I've always wondered where this forum is going to go. How long will it last? (hopefully forever *wishful thinking*) and what will we do once it's done? What will happen to everyone here, will we just scatter to the winds... or you know still keep together. It's almost too sad to think about.

-------------------------------
R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 7:22pm

Achievements: 14

Wow, SquattingB. I know I'm melodramatic, but what's with you? lol. Yeah, it's a shame that all the cool people congregated here just to watch the codex, only to have the series end and leave everyone dumbstruck as to what to do. (It was that good, nothing else has the same appeal) Hopefully this forum will remain as cool as it has been up to the point when the creators get out of college. Then maybe we can see whether they have awesome news of what is next for the series and the forum or if they just boot us back to HBO. lol.

But what is a forum?

Dictionary
forum |?fr?m| noun ( pl. forums ) 1 a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged : it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research. 2 a court or tribunal. 3 ( pl. fora |?fr?|) (in an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business. ORIGIN late Middle English (sense 3) : from Latin, literally what is out of doors, originally denoting an enclosure surrounding a house; related to fores (outside) door. Sense 1 dates from the mid 18th cent.

That's what I thought. So the people are what make it great, yes? And I'm sure the patrons aren't leaving anytime soon, so we're in pretty good standing as to what will become of the forum. For now, anyway.

"Self-proclaimed genius."
Bungie.net Fileshare

Emblem avatar created by Of Doom.
Edgeworks signature created by JoeIce.
This post has been edited by Trance.

-This Post Copyright 2006 by Chas TeBockhorst-

squattingb
Jan 11 2006, 7:33pm

Of course not, this place isn't going to end if I have anything to say about it

Anyways, what else is on my mind.... well to all those people who say "Why bother living, we're just going to die anyway." Well then why do people do ANYTHING? It's because they can, what are we if we don't take on life's challenges? We're nothing, but we do take on these obstacles and we succeed, it's how we progress as humans. I for one plan to live my life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it just because I CAN!

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 7:44pm

I agree with you SquattingB but... I'm a pessimist too. Recently things have been going extremely well for a change, but I have a negative attitude like that. Sorry.

I hate people. Well, most people. There are a few, such as you, who aren't complete imbeciles but why are people so screwed up these days? I honestly don't see why civilization has to spirl downward into anarchy, but that's where we're heading. We are going to enter a new dark age of stupidity and arrogance if people don't start thinking about what they say or what they do. It's pathetic. My dad said from experience (his military career), "Engage brain before engaging mouth." Any thoughts on the downfall of society?

I just don't get why people prefer to think so highly of themselves and look down on everyone else.

Bungie.net Fileshare

spartan108 Jan 11 2006, 7:45pm

I agree.

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 7:48pm

What's with everyone agreeing with me? lol. But to go back to what SquattingB was saying: I think it's because people aren't willing to accept the trials and tribulations of life. People aren't responsible anymore and they don't want to be concerned with the problems of modern society, even though a lot of them are helping to screw it up.

Bungie.net Fileshare

spartan108 Jan 11 2006, 7:58pm

I think that people don't care anymore so so many bad things are happening... Even our own president is not even caring that thousands are DIYING! Anyway, I'll talk more later... Ive gatta do my homework. see ya in about 10 min.! bye (for now).

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 8:11pm

Our president, as in George W. Bush? I'm going to regret this, but I'm Republican. The Conservative party better fits my beliefs. (The Democratic party is too blinded by what they once believed in. They don't realize their represenatives and organizations are becoming corrupt and are seeking their own interests. The people are voting because they still trust their leaders but they don't understand what values the politicians are really supporting and what ones they have abandoned.)

I think Bush is doing everything he can. The whole war thing is horrible. I think the 9/11 thing could have been avoided if airport security wasn't so politically correct and actually checked in on the hijackers. (those guys were just too weird not to keep under watch) but what's done is done, and the only thing we can do now is fight them. How are we ever going to win against a large group of organized and suicidal fanatics? They just want to kill Americans and there are lots of them. If we stop fighting and return home, they'll just attack us here, in America and all our ally countries. We are doing a good job of setting up the Iraqi government but the terrorist aren't going to stop. But we have no choice but to try and stop them. If the Coalition doesn't stand between them and the civilians then what's to stop their terroist acts? We don't really have a choice, even if it is a tragedy to continue to fight, it is all we can do to try to stop the murdering of the innocent. At least at the moment. There's a better way. I don't know what it is, but I do know we don't have much of a choice in the matter and we are doing everything we can at the moment to stop them.

NOTE: By 'we' I mean the Coalition. I'm certainly not brave enough to sacrifice my life for my country. I'm very patriotic, just not a fighter.

Actually, I don't want this to turn into a flame war. If anyone disagrees, that's your right. But if anyone wants to personally attack me, then PM me and leave it off the forum.

I believe I just sealed my fate...

Bungie.net Fileshare

Jan 11 2006, 8:22pm

Achievements: 10

yea but he started the whole war!

PS This is s108, i just never logged in.

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 8:34pm

How do you mean, exactly? The World Trade Centers were destroyed. Thousands in the buildings and more on the planes were killed. It isn't the president's fault but, rather, a lack of sufficient and effective security. The terrorists started the war. President Bush is just trying to keep the fighting oversees and away from us. If we don't fight them there, we'll fight them here. The last thing the president wants is to lose more innocent Americans. It is tragic that the soldiers are fighting, and dying, oversees. But they are serving in Iraq to save all the people who shouldn't be killed by someone who fights on pure hatred and to inflict as much collateral carnage as possible.

Some people are too comitted to be changed. If you have believed in something for so long and truly believed it was right, then it is going to take a lot to convince them otherwise. I'm going to give my personal apology to spartan108 for pressing the issue. Everyone has their beliefs. Whether they are right or whether they are wrong. There are some issues to similar to compare. It all depends on the person's beliefs. I believe the terrorists started the war. 108 believes the president did. We have our opinions and neither of us are necessarily right, nor wrong. It's just where we stand on the issue. I'm dropping this. If you'd like to say one final statement, 108, you may. But I'm not going to continue something too controversial to have a definitive "this is right, this isn't" stand on.

Still, it was nice letting people know my views. And it is better to know what other people's views are.

Bungie.net Fileshare

rearanged Jan 11 2006, 8:49pm

Achievements: 11

Before a flame war happens, I want to bring up an old topic in which I rant truthfully. As some of this forum know, I do not believe in political parties.

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.

JadedTarget Jan 11 2006, 8:56pm

That's actually intelligent, Rearanged. I mentioned that the Republican party better fits my beliefs but if there is ever a time when they don't, then I shall switch to something more to what I believe in. When I'm able to vote, if there is a Democrate canidate who has a similar mindset to me and is better than his opponent (even if it is a Republican) then I shall vote for that person.

Bungie.net Fileshare

squattingb
Jan 11 2006, 9:36pm

Dude, stop doing that, it's the wrong eye, that's rearanged not Rescudo.

<--QuoteBegin-CLT11+Jan 11 2006, 07:44 PM-->
QUOTE(CLT11 @ Jan 11 2006, 07:44 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Any thoughts on the downfall of society?
[right][snapback]81825[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Funny I just read The Time Machine by Wells

<--QuoteBegin-CLT11+Jan 11 2006, 08:11 PM-->
QUOTE(CLT11 @ Jan 11 2006, 08:11 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Our president, as in George W. Bush?  I'm going to regret this, but I'm Republican.  The Conservative party better fits my beliefs. (The Democratic party is too blinded by what they once believed in.  They don't realize their represenatives and organizations are becoming corrupt and are seeking their own interests.  The people are voting because they still trust their leaders but they don't understand what values the politicians are really supporting and what ones they have abandoned.)

I think Bush is doing everything he can.  The whole war thing is horrible.  I think the 9/11 thing could have been avoided if airport security wasn't so politically correct and actually checked in on the hijackers.  (those guys were just too weird not to keep under watch) but what's done is done, and the only thing we can do now is fight them.  How are we ever going to win against a large group of organized and suicidal fanatics?  They just want to kill Americans and there are lots of them.  If we stop fighting and return home, they'll just attack us here, in America and all our ally countries.  We are doing a good job of setting up the Iraqi government but the terrorist aren't going to stop.  But we have no choice but to try and stop them.  If the Coalition doesn't stand between them and the civilians then what's to stop their terroist acts?  We don't really have a choice, even if it is a tragedy to continue to fight, it is all we can do to try to stop the murdering of the innocent.  At least at the moment.  There's a better way.  I don't know what it is, but I do know we don't have much of a choice in the matter and we are doing everything we can at the moment to stop them.

NOTE:  By 'we' I mean the Coalition.  I'm certainly not brave enough to sacrifice my life for my country.  I'm very patriotic, just not a fighter.

Actually, I don't want this to turn into a flame war.  If anyone disagrees, that's your right.  But if anyone wants to personally attack me, then PM me and leave it off the forum.

I believe I just sealed my fate...
[right][snapback]81834[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

You know what I find stupid, the fact that "OMG WE GOT ATTACKED, LET'S BEEF UP SECURITY SO IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN"
Yeah well if you haven't noticed MR. PRESIDENT, you haven't found any terrorists planning to do it again. How many have you caught at the airports??????
You'd think that if the terrorists were smart enough to do it once, they're smart enough to know NOT to try it again, not in the same place with the same method! So beefing up security AFTER the disaster happened doesn't really work!!!

However, one can counter-argue that if they didn't raise the security, then the terrorists were sure to try it again knowing that it'll work. So it's kind of a paradox in the sense that if you don't raise security, you'll get attacked, if you do, it's a waste of money but you don't get attacked.......

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Ghost_Jake Jan 11 2006, 10:43pm

Achievements: 9

i dont give a crap about politics.

ive been....in a bad mood. new half, new classes, and now i hardly see any of my freinds. i have last lunch, which means i wait till 12:15 to get the leftovers or pretty much what everyone else didnt want. if i actually get any food, i know around 3 people in the whole lunchroom, 2 of which id rather not talk to.

i still dont know if ive passed two of my required classes. i talked to the dean and both of the teachers, and none of them said anything.

also, girl problems ('nuff said there...)

my schoolwork is whats really gettin to me. i dont do anything in 3 out of 4 classes, and what "work" we do is simple.

ah...im going to bed. maybe im gettin sick and its putting me in a bad mood.

edit- im gonna see if i can let off some steam. i need to, because im seriously pissed off at everything. first off, i cant stand certain types of people, and it seems by the luck that only yours-truely could posses, i get stuck with thouse people in seating arrangments. stupid, fat people who "live in the projects, have a hard life, and are oh-im-so-crappy-and-i-want-everyone-to-know" type people. stupid, fat people who have to tell their sexcapades in the middle of class when the teachers arent around, while im sitting in front of them. stupid, stupid people who dont know when to shut up. people who claim to be freinds. people claiming to be Christians and treating certain people better than others, because of where they go to church or just who they are.
teachers doing the same.
im also mad at people who are freinds of people i used to date asking me personal, stupid, and un-called-for questions on messenger. also, the same girl i used to date talking to me on messenger, leading me on like she wants to date me again, and then just starting to ignore me.
rednecks. god, i cant stand rednecks, and once again, i was lucky enough to be born in redneck-central.
so-called minorities claiming we're oppresing them because we dont give them any school or medical money. well guess what, i dont get any either UNLESS IVE GOT A FREAKIN JOB AND I PAY FOR IT. im lucky i have reduced lunch at school. if it didnt come out of my own pocket, i wouldnt eat at all....so dont tell me its because our ancestors didnt get along.

also, certain theories that are so retarded i cant believe anyone would belive in such garbage. then i remember; i live in a time were only stupid people are breeding.

well, hopefully ive managed to offend everyone.
im going to bed.

also, dont send me any pms or emails asking me if somethings wrong. ill get over it in a few days, so the best thing to do is leave me alone.

elvislives Jan 12 2006, 1:24am

Achievements: 0

I just made a response in the Iraq War thread, but I've got some more general thoughts that I'd like to get off my chest. You won't mind.

We invaded Iraq. What's done is done. But even after the invasion and subsequent quagmire, the administration brought out its magic numbers: "Nine" and "Eleven". Bush's entire re-election campaign was based around the threat of a repeat terrorist attack. The message was clear- be afraid, be very afraid. Terrorists hate America, and will strike again. So vote for me, and not this spineless wishy-washy nancy. Or else. The Karl Rove smear-inator got a fresh start, following the 'John McCain has an illegitmate colored child' campaign and the memorable 'Al Gore lied about inventing the internet' hootenanny. Kerry was a flip-flopper, the King of Waffles, future Ambassador to France. To destroy his impeccable war record, Rove brought out the "Swift" "Boat" "Vets" "for" "Truth", Vietnam vets who never served with John Kerry, probably never even saw him, and claimed he had lied about his actions. It was a brilliant campaign. And now we get unchecked wiretaps, selective abandonment of due process of law and a military falling victim to countless cowardly attacks. 9-11 can't be invoked as an excuse for all of this, can it?

O, and Jake, I agree with you. People are stupid.

Keep the Forum Clean

Ghost_Jake Jan 12 2006, 9:55pm

Achievements: 9

im sick.

no suprise. i get moody when im sick. thats pretty much what yesterday was.
mom said shed let me stay home from school today, but i decided i would go. i have no idea why i did....must've been that crazy-sick state of mind where you dont know whats going on.

well, i went to school and laid around in every class. i almost went to sleep in 3rd block.... but they turned on a movie and it was too loud.

im so tired right now, and i have a headache that come from the left jawbone and runs into the back of my head. mom said it was sinus.
for some odd reason, my right top ribs are hurting too. moms solution to everything? "take a asprin." you'd think i was immune to the stuff by now.

as soon as my dad gets done playing vice city, im going back to sleep.

Geo Ghost Jan 13 2006, 11:00am

Achievements: 15

Whats on my mind?
I really like Kirstie at my school!
I got a small hug from her after school

Also on my mind...
CHAVS NEED TO DIE!
Build a 20 meter high wall all around stevenage, stopping all transportation links.
This way, chavs are un-able to escape, and multiply.
The non-chavs will be given a 3-4 bed-room, medium sized house in compansation outside the stevenage area, and safley evacuated.
The Chavs will be trapped inside the containment wall, to kill each other off in some stupid gang war!

sorry bout that, went into one there!

Interesting topic though. Could help some people aswell

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

- The Edgeworks Forum resident Brony

Rescudo Jan 13 2006, 12:14pm

Achievements: 15

What's going on at school for me? Well, I found out that this really beautiful redhead likes me... but I don't know what to do.

She is one year older than me, too...

*lurk*

Sparx Jan 13 2006, 12:17pm

Achievements: 12

Oo, Nice Well, i'm at Rescudo's today, and we're having a great time together

Returned Sparx is returned.
I am the Off Topic guy! Woohew!
Rememable stuff:
500th post.
1000th post
1,337th post.
1st Cookie for me, in history.

Got steam? Add sparx1337!
QUOTE (version2 @ May 1 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If he wants to increase Edgeworks traffic more users like me are a possibility.
QUOTE (Trance @ May 1 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what we've got moderators for.

^ I F****** LOL'D ^

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,786 posts across 6,601 threads
in the 13 years, 5 months, and 0 days since our first post.
We have 3,564 registered members.
The newest member is Skreli.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List