You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   News Archive   »   Episode 5 - Shadows in the Dark
Nerrolken
Mar 9 2005, 8:19pm

Achievements: 24

Breaking our streak of late-night releases, we have just uploaded Episode 5 on the Videos page. (Ironically, this is the episode that happens ... at night! And, of course, the Characters and Story pages have been updated as well. As always, the character pages have been updated with the new characters from this week's episode, and the story pages with the summaries of last week's episode.

And on a more sentimental note, this day marks the one-month anniversary of the release of Episode 1, and the beginning of The Codex. We have been thrilled about the reception that The Codex has received. Thanks to you, our fans, as of yesterday we had over 900,000 page hits, and we have high hopes that we will have hit the 1,000,000 mark within the first 30 days of release. Thank you all very much, and enjoy Episode 5!

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

FTC Digipad Mar 9 2005, 8:47pm

Achievements: 0

Ok, I figured out how you made the Elites talk(record your voices, play backwards), but what were they saying? I played it backwards, but I only have fast rewind, and couldn't make out what they said. The only thing I got was "So he said" then something about a Jackal, and a boot.

SeargentDude Mar 9 2005, 8:53pm

DUDE awesome job with the camo elites. You might want to make the elite's voices pitched lower, though. I love it, man. That was great suspense.

image: http://x4.putfile.com/6/16416141950.jpg

Shogun428 Mar 9 2005, 8:56pm

I thought it was great, but I was a little disappointed with how short it was. I was hoping to see the attack on the "Dry Riverbed"

However, it is always great to see Machinima where the entertainment hinges on more then just action. The cliffhanger at the end was also good.

I am very curious to know how you got it to look dark, and how you made the control panel fade in.

Excellent voice acting continued to be part of the project that makes it great.

Keep up the good work!

ElectroRent Mar 9 2005, 8:59pm

Yah, i loved the suspense of it all. Is anyone else having video problems though? On the .wmv videos theres this wierd ripplie effect whenever the camera moves, and in the divx videos there are some wierd green things (i believe the AV term is "artifacts" that periodically flash across the screen.

Anyways, cant wait till next week.

StickyHelljumper Mar 9 2005, 9:50pm

Ah, another suspenseful episode. I thought it was amazing. The set up for the ambush was just perfect. I know this is a drama, but I really am hoping for some blazing action in Ep 6. You can keep the amazing plot, acting, and visuals, but action will be the icing on the cake.

user posted image

MadSpartan Mar 9 2005, 9:51pm

Jesus Christ that was sweet. It was intense man, I still have tingles (and trust me, I don't get the tingles easly) damn, you guys really did it there, that was amazing. OHOOHO, I'm stll shocked. but why did you turn off shields for that shoot? Just wondering. And Why do you use the oddball for the elites to run around invisible, why not an SMG or somthing.

user posted image

Xecu7ioner Mar 9 2005, 10:05pm

Not sure if it was just me, but when I was watching the WMV version, at certain points lines would appear and chop up parts of the scene. Also, voice work was a little wierd, the acting was good, but I guess the mic you used picked up a bit of feedback at times; may want to look out for that.

Other than those points, the episode was very good. Suspenseful, and I loved the ending. Good luck with Episode 6.

Gaia
Mar 9 2005, 10:19pm

Achievements: 15

OMG, the night effect is so beautiful!! And it really adds to the suspense. Also love the console and the creepy music - you're not only great writers and actors, but you are amazing at special FX too!!

THE CODEX ROXORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Of Doom, SB, Vagna, Chickenyoda2, Thrall, and Sparx for my beautiful sig pics.
And thanks to SB, Keyes, Caboose, Geo, and Muffin for my awesome birthday pics!

Thank you for the pips TB!!

"I'm not bad.....I'm just drawn that way." ~ Jessica Rabbit
"That in which you have confidence will come to you, be it good or bad. Believe it and it is yours." Campbell
"Whatever you believe you can do, begin it, for boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Goethe
"Whether your sunglasses are off or on, you only see the world you make." Raitt
"Gaia is the Goddess of the Forums" - RvB_Private_Caboose
"Texas: We have Gaia. t3h win" - Naveegunner
"OMG, U R So 1337!!!!!111oneoneone" - SMJ
See ya...sweetie.

Thank you soooooooo much TB2571989.

Owm Mar 10 2005, 4:50am

<--QuoteBegin-FTC Digipad+Mar 9 2005, 07:47 PM-->
QUOTE(FTC Digipad @ Mar 9 2005, 07:47 PM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Ok, I figured out how you made the Elites talk(record your voices, play backwards), but what were they saying? I played it backwards, but I only have fast rewind, and couldn't make out what they said. The only thing I got was "So he said" then something about a Jackal, and a boot.
[right][snapback]3962[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I hope it's okay with the creators if I post this. I assume it was meant to be translated so everyone could see.

Elite 1: That spineless cur. ?Foolish mindless worm?. To dishonor his ?duty? is too great to ignore. I swear by the Rings I will rip his skull from his spine, I will crush his hooves, tear his mandibles from his jowls and feed them to the Jackals, then take his breeder and make her my own.

Elite 2: So... Elite sex... that's gotta be fun.

Not exactly sure on parts of that transcript. I went ahead and recorded it backwards. Funny . The reversed audio clip (190kb).

Anyway, this episode was incredible. The special effects were great, and the suspense and atmosphere were wonderful. Keep up the good work!

Strayer Mar 10 2005, 4:53am

Great episode!

The night time affect really set the scene, also the camo Elites following them around actually creeped me out. I wonder what the Elites are saying, can you tell us?

I can't wait for episode 6, I hope there's more action like episode 2.

Great work.

EDIT: Okay, according to Owm's post above, that's all I needed. Thanks. Now listening to this makes this episode even better. Once again, great job.

user posted image

SeargentDude Mar 10 2005, 6:35am

[/QUOTE]not exactly sure on parts of that transcript. I went ahead and recorded it backwards. Funny . The reversed audio clip (190kb).[QUOTE]
lol

image: http://x4.putfile.com/6/16416141950.jpg

Crystal Mar 10 2005, 7:59am

Very good and well done.

Very Suspencive. But, although you left it on a cliff hanger, it would have been good to have been a little bit longer.

Cant wait untill next week.

pyrotech13 Mar 10 2005, 9:37am

Achievements: 10

great episode. I went back and recorded what the two Elites were saying. I got the following so far.

"Explain this something something something. To dishonor something something is to right to ignore. I swear by the rings I will rip his skull from his spine. I will crush his hooves something something and feed them to the jackles and take his breeder and make it my love. Soon. Something Something"

IPB Image

pyrotech13 Mar 10 2005, 9:40am

o, wait, Owm already got it. Sry

IPB Image

Nerrolken
Mar 10 2005, 10:39am

Achievements: 24

<--QuoteBegin-Owm+Mar 10 2005, 03:50 AM-->
QUOTE(Owm @ Mar 10 2005, 03:50 AM)
<--QuoteEBegin-->Elite 1: That spineless cur. ?Foolish mindless worm?. To dishonor his ?duty? is too great to ignore. I swear by the Rings I will rip his skull from his spine, I will crush his hooves, tear his mandibles from his jowls and feed them to the Jackals, then take his breeder and make her my own.

Elite 2: So... Elite sex... that's gotta be fun.
[right][snapback]4010[/snapback][/right]
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Good job, mostly right. Its actually:

"That spineless cur! Half-witted mindless worm! The dishonor he has done me is too great to ignore!I swear by the Rings I will rip his skull from his spine, I will crush his hooves, tear his mandibles from his jowls and feed them to the Jackals, then take his breeder and maker her my own! ... So, Elite sex ... Thats gotta be fun ..." (All spoken by the same guy)

The majority of that line is legitimate dialogue. The Elite is angry with another Elite in his cohort, angry enough to let his gaurd down and be noticed by the Spartans. Meghan wrote that line, in a somwehat shocking outburst of pure alien aggression, and we decided it had to go in.

As for the last line, that has been a running joke with the Codex Crew ever since Patrick (Praetor), slipped it into one of his lines with the SpecOps Commander. Something of an inside joke, but it was spoken backwards, so we didn't think anyone would mind.

Anyway, there it is, and that you all for the positive feedback! We are all hard at work here on Episode 6 - The Siege of Delta Base.

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

rearanged Mar 10 2005, 12:42pm

Achievements: 11

This is the best series ever. The only problem i seem to have is if i use quicktime, it is always really dark and i can't tell what is going on, and i would also like to know how you guys got ascension to be dark? and i liked the four headshots in a row. NOTHING COMPARES TO THE CODEX!

We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public.

pyrotech13 Mar 10 2005, 2:09pm

when i first heard that backwards talk on Episode 5 i thought it was a sublimital message that when forwarded it would tell the viewers a cool secret thingy that is related to the Codex Series like were to go to find a hidden episode or something. Sublimital Messages are cool!

IPB Image

Rescudo Mar 10 2005, 2:22pm

Achievements: 15

<--QuoteBegin-Nerrolken+-->
QUOTE(Nerrolken)
<--QuoteEBegin-->We are all hard at work here on Episode 6 - The Seige of Delta Base.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I suppose you mean Siege and not Seige? Would be too bad having a typo in the movie

Otherwise, greatest The Codex episode ever, it was plainly awesome.

*lurk*

iruleathalo3 Mar 10 2005, 2:45pm

i am a newbie brand new just join today. cuz i just found out about this series today, and i have got to say you guys are really great! the story everything is awesome! keep up the good work!
can't wait for #6!
later

The Best Mexican Ever

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
WaitingForASuperman (26)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List