You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
Icarus Oct 17 2012, 6:09pm

Achievements: 12

Working on the color now

-------------------------------
Make yourself.

squattingb
Oct 18 2012, 9:10am

Achievements: 24

Saw this on facebook, really liking how it's coming along! is there any particular message or meaning behind this piece? Or is it more like an experiment?

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

grunty_thirst Oct 20 2012, 11:17am

Achievements: 15

Remind me again, are you working off a tablet or..?

Cool stuff, again I like the palette already, will be interested to see this one develop.

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Icarus Oct 23 2012, 12:33am

Yes, I do, but this started as a pencil sketch that was brought into photoshop. I'm using the tablet to lay in flat colors over the linework.

Make yourself.

Icarus Oct 23 2012, 12:37am

More progress, btdub. Taking me a long time to get certain areas nailed down in terms of value/color... I wasn't specific enough with my linework, and it's taking its toll I think. In the process of losing my mind currently. Just feel so burnt out after school... 4 studio classes this semester was a mistake I think. Anyway, working on a drunk, drug addled drawing of Sulk (the red robot). Will post when it's a bit more developed. Peace, and thanks so much for all the support guys.

Oh, and SB, no real story behind the kart piece. Just two robots having fun.

Make yourself.

Icarus Oct 23 2012, 9:30pm

Sulk Drunk

Make yourself.

grunty_thirst Oct 24 2012, 8:21am

Hehe, that ones going to be great when you flesh it out! I see what you mean with the kart pic too btw, something about the angle you've placed it on making that corner will be a bit more of a challenge for those fine details too I think. Still, its looking great! Keep persisting with it!

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

The Muffin King Oct 31 2012, 10:19am

Crazy late to the party but, the Corgi on the billboard in the Pug piece is killing me. Love it!

Signatures are for chumps

Icarus Oct 31 2012, 10:35pm

In terms of real animation, this is awful, but it is so exciting to see a character I've created move. Like, 45 minutes in PS.

Make yourself.

squattingb
Nov 1 2012, 10:57pm

Achievements: 24

that's cool!

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

grunty_thirst Mar 8 2013, 9:26am

Had an idea of making a short comic-strip for my gf, involving a Dr Who and Adventure Time cross-over. Made a rough sketch of the story and had begun a more refined version I could then scan and spruce up but I'm finding it hard to be more loose with the representations and to get that cartoon-y feel. Asides from attempting to take a bit out of a friend's work who makes his own comic series for fun, anyone got some pointers for me? (looking at you here Icky! )

Second project, a portrait painting is still in the works, which I had to retouch and almost start from scratch to get some proportions more correct. It might have been fine as it was save my relentless perfectionism.

Third project was to draw a large triptych-type portrait (again for gf) of her getting a bass lesson off her favourite Beatle in Paul McCartney. I'm not as confident with more conceptual work, as opposed to a straight out and out copy of an image, but its an idea I've wanted to do for ages, and I know gf would love it.

Want to see more works here peeps! Want to get motivated to get back into things!

*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

grunty_thirst Oct 4 2013, 8:07am

Did a couple of works today which I shall post up a little later. One was a quick drawing/sketch for my gf en lieu of her bday on the weekend. I actually really like it for its simplicity and whimsical influence...its also now in a frame, so I'll need to take a photo lol

Also just had some fun making a little charcoal image based off a photo of one of my fav musicians, again, will post up once I spray it with adhesive tomorrow to prevent it smudging. It did remind me how fun it is to get all messy with charcoal though, and being able to be a bit rough and bold with the different tonal areas.

*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Nerrolken (31), xX Church Xx (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List