You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Apps   »   TerraGenesis suggestions
BlackNoise Jan 9 2017, 1:06pm

Achievements: 2

Um, hi?

I'm not sure if this is allowed but I thought I might create a thread where I and other users on this forum can post
suggestions for future updates to TerraGenesis or a possible sequel, depending on how complex an idea might be.

While I have a chock ton of my own, I thought I'd leave it for the time being until I see if Edgeworks Entertainment approves of this.

Bprasse Feb 9 2017, 7:19pm

Achievements: 3

I have really enjoyed playing TerraGenesis, but I can't check in very often. I thought it would be really great if my facilities would function with some more automation, the way the Soletta works. When the oxygen level hits 210,000, the oxygen plants shut off. As it stands, between work and kids, I have once a day to check in, so I'll pass through the habitability zone in between check-ins

Celcius1 Jun 15 2017, 8:20pm

One suggestion I can add is a water pressure dome, you think with terraforming technology we would have the option to research a pressure dome to protect a colony if it is about to be submerged, as some worlds it is so touchy you loose when the entire planet becomes an ocean

TeragonSlayer Aug 10 2017, 12:15pm

I'd love a sandbox mode where you can just mess with the biosphere creator.

I think it would be an awesome tool for worldbuilders (like me) to test out ideas for fauna

Also I agree with Bprasse, some automation on the terraforming tools would be noice...

adtrix111 Dec 29 2017, 8:44am

I would love to have a sort of camera angle at the colonies so i could actually see the colony go from just a house to big city...same with mines

-------------------------------
i walk on mars with glee

robertjamesftw Jan 16 2018, 10:45am

I agree with the automation. I had to leave my iPad behind for a day, and by the time I got back, my O2 levels had maxxed out, so it took considerable work to reverse that. Another day, I was again delayed, and when I got back, my "tweak" to Pressure had run so long that all of my inhabitants not covered by Habs were dead.

Halffbaked Feb 8 2018, 3:03am

I for one do not so much agree with the automation. That would take significantly from the strategy aspect of the game. The devs have already implemented a pause feature, if you know your going to be afk awhile pause the game ( located in the central menus). You are terraforming a planet, is litterally all you are doing, yet you want the game to do that for you? At that point I would imagine it just simply being a simulator. So I guess what you would be asking for at that point is a “sand-box” esque play option. To that extent I could agree!

For my own input, is not much as the devs seem to be doing a great job at expanding content! Am especially excited to see what comes recently with the news of help from an outside developer. Though I have not tried the newer “story mode” campaign, I love the idea! I would just hope devs are not overgracious with new worlds, and forget to keep adding additional content and concepts to colony life.

Would love to see more of the following:
-As mentioned above a colonial view
-Obviously more terraforming technologies
-I’m sure there is technical issues behind this but would love to be able to see the satellites in orbit, whether they be natural or artificial.
-not sure if this is due to my difficulty being at normal haven’t tried a different difficulty, however I would think it reasonable to make human consume much more biomass, I have 3 colonies on a world and over 1mill pop however each colony only consumes 1 biomass. Also humans should factor more into the planet. Like decreasing oxygen level while increasing pressure level. This would simulate very well from our use of oxygen and pollution via cars factory etc. Maybe these will all be fixed upon trying the harder difficulty, but am waiting to finish current worlds before starting a new one to check.
-This game is all about statistics and while I can appreciate from what it seems the devs have been working hard on providing better statistics, I would say keep pushing and refining! Would be great to have stats organized better and with better ease. I am sure this entails a lot of coding and time like anything else, but what I would say is definitely needed, especially as you grow the number of worlds in which we can colonize; is the need for a feature where we can access a simple overview of all of our worlds. For those strained for time it would be much easier to not have to back out and into each planet just to make sure your not gonna destroy it by going to bed.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,786 posts across 6,601 threads
in the 13 years, 5 months, and 0 days since our first post.
We have 3,564 registered members.
The newest member is Skreli.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List