You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   News Archive   »   10 Years and Counting
Nerrolken
Feb 9 2015, 10:47pm

Achievements: 24

Wow. Ten years.

It's been ten years since Ryan, Patrick, Meghan and I gathered up around the computer screen and released Episode 1 of The Codex. The website looked different back then, and for a while we kept our identities hidden, because we thought people would take us more seriously if they didn't know we were high school kids. But standing there in our custom-printed Codex shirts, we knew that we had started something special.

Eight months went by in a blink, and before we knew it, we had completed a 20 episode series. We swept the RoP awards, we visited A-KON and O-Conn, we were on MTV and NPR and dozens of other news sites, we got a glowing review from the Editor-In-Chief of WIRED Magazine, and we ended up garnering over a hundred million hits.

But most importantly, along the way we developed a following among some of the nicest, smartest, kindest, funniest, and all-around best fans we could ever hope for. It is the community that has made Edgeworks Entertainment and The Codex such a rewarding experience, and I will never be able to properly voice my appreciation of each and every one of you.

We don't have a new series to announce today, or a new trailer to show. I'm spending most of my time on FlitterWeb these days, (we'd love to have you all over there!), and when I do write, it's currently in the form of a novel. But a 10 year anniversary doesn't come along everyday, so I wanted to celebrate it in a way that properly showcased my appreciation of you, the fans.

I've commissioned three limited-edition, professionally-designed movie posters for The Codex, the first official movie posters ever produced by Edgeworks Entertainment, and I'll be sending copies to any fan who wants one, free of charge. They're also available as a digital download, and once you receive the poster of your choice, if you want to buy the other two, you can do so from the Store. Just fill out this form in the next week and I'll send them out, a token of my gratitude and appreciation.

Edgeworks Entertainment isn't making anything new right now, and I don't know when that will change. The Codex and The Heretic ended years and years ago, and I doubt I'll ever have the privilege of making Halo machinima again. But thanks to an incredible group of people whom I've never even met, this webseries remains the single most important thing I've ever done, and the single greatest memory I have. So thank you, to anyone and everyone who was and continues to be a part of this incredible journey. Thank you, and, as always, stay tuned.

The story's not over yet.

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

squattingb
Feb 10 2015, 11:03am

Achievements: 24

They look awesome, I'll definitely pick up all three.

Happy 10 years everyone.

-------------------------------
R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Floria Nov 26 2015, 3:31am

Achievements: 0

happy ten years!!!!!!!!!! wish you all the best~

Evening Gowns With Sleeves

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Gwynfor (25), notahay (25), penguino58 (25), Zukan (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,772 posts across 6,593 threads
in the 12 years, 8 months, and 11 days since our first post.
We have 3,468 registered members.
The newest member is Annie74.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List