You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   News Archive   »   Looking Forward, Looking Back
Nerrolken
Feb 10 2014, 2:12am

Achievements: 24

Hey, folks! Things have gotten pretty quiet in these parts, but it's February 9th, and that means we have cause to celebrate!

This year I've got a blast from the past for you: while combing through old hard drives and consolidating folders, I recently came across all the old files from The Codex. That's right, the place where it all began, nine years ago to the day. Among those files I re-discovered something that I have long thought forgotten: the Codex DVD. We used to give them out for a while as free gifts for sponsors, and while we sadly can't do that anymore thanks to copyright issues, I thought it only fitting that we make the feature-length cut of The Codex available to everyone this year!

From the very first day of production, we had always considered The Codex to be a single piece released in sections, rather than a truly episodic story. It's meant to be watched straight-through, and now, that's exactly what you can do!

We're also releasing a second version to our Sponsors, a feature-length cut with a Director's Commentary by yours truly, which can give you a whole lot of insight into the production, the creative decisions, and the experience of making our biggest hit to date. It's a bit of a trip to hear myself doing this commentary, so many years later, but it contains several stories and anecdotes that I had even forgotten myself, so I hope you all find it entertaining and informative!

I also have one more thing to share with you all, something more to do with the future rather than the past: I have recently started a blog, and I'd love for you to check it out. It's a place where I can relate my experiences trying to work my way into the film/television industry, share snippets and samples of projects I'm working on, and hopefully start a dialogue with the community about the things going on with my career. It's not a diary or a personal journal, this is a place for me to share my professional experiences and get feedback to help me hone my skills. And given that you all are my biggest and most loyal fans, I would love to get your impressions of my latest projects more than any others!

Edgeworks is, was, and always will be the place for my filmmaking endeavors. It's definitely been slow since League, and for several years before that, but I'm not finished yet and this will continue to be the place to find my movies. But I'm also a writer, an app developer, a web designer, and any number of other things, and AlexanderWinn.com will be the place to find out about those other efforts.

For example, right now you can follow along with a bi-weekly series I've been writing called Q'art Hadash, following the events of an RPG I've been running with several members of the League cast. I'd love to get your feedback in the comments section of any post I make, and of course any articles or stories that you deem share-worthy, I'd love for you to share!

Edgeworks has had, and continues to have, the very best fanbase in the world. I've always said that my biggest source of pride from running this company was that our community drew in thoughtful, creative, and articulate people from all over the world, while the rest of the Internet (let's just face it) is kind of like a cross between The Coneheads and an anarchist riot. I am so grateful to those of you who have been a part of our community these past nine years, for those of you who remain with us nine years later, for those of you who continue to support us (we still sell Codex and Heretic soundtracks multiple times a month!), and for those of you who enjoyed our work. February 9th is about you, much more than it is about us, and I for one just want to say thank you, all of you, for sharing this experience with us.

Happy February 9th!

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

RvB_Private_Caboose Feb 10 2014, 12:32pm

Achievements: 11

Oooh! New things! Yay! I've been following your blog to read about your game (I've been playing tabletop rpgs for years). Anyways, nice to see this page get an update after so long

"challenge yourself and to hell with the system" -Gaia

Status:Life is hard, but I'm attempting to ignore it via baking. It's a good stress relief. Also, who I am has changed dramatically over the years. Just a heads up. 6/4/2011

tb2571989
Feb 10 2014, 12:50pm

Achievements: 17

Woo! Directors cut! Man it's gonna look weird watching it all in one go on a small screen.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

squattingb
Feb 10 2014, 5:44pm

Wooh, happy Feb 9th , I still have that original DVD.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

spartan117 Feb 12 2014, 11:50pm

Achievements: 16

B-but this was posted February 10th at 12:12 AM.

What gives man?

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

squattingb
Feb 24 2014, 10:30am

well not his time I guess

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Nerrolken
Feb 26 2014, 12:49am

Hahaha yeah, I'm in LA, so it was still Feb 9th for me.

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

Trumpetman09
Feb 27 2014, 2:58am

Achievements: 25

Hahaha yeah, I'm in LA, so it was still Feb 9th for me.

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Your story checks out, but don't leave the country.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Saberwind Mar 3 2014, 8:59am

Achievements: 2

anything new halo related coming at all?

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Gwynfor (25), notahay (25), penguino58 (25), Zukan (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,772 posts across 6,593 threads
in the 12 years, 8 months, and 11 days since our first post.
We have 3,468 registered members.
The newest member is Annie74.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List