You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Saints Row IV
Reaper195 Aug 9 2013, 4:35pm

Achievements: 18

Anyone here excited for this game? I kind of lost interest during the third one, and always looked at it at a blatent rip-off of GTA, particularly 1 with the heavy focus on the gang bollocks, although 2 gave distanced itself a bit, and three went a bit loopy. But gameplay-wise, it never grabbed me.

And now it has more collector editions than God, including a 1 MILLION DOLLAR edition.

...no, seriously. Not sure if this is a joke or not, but if not, it's the most expensive collectors edition ever released, and is one of the few collector editions that's worth the money. Even if it is a million bucks...

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Scar Aug 10 2013, 9:52am

Achievements: 12

I dunno... I adored the second one, thought it was well written, but third one got too much. The story seemed fairly half-assed compared to the previous ones (a couple pretty big plot points that were deliberately left hanging at the end of 2 were just dropped entirely) and it was entertaining at the beginning, but there was no real sense of progression in the gameplay or humor, I thought. If you start out going ridiculously wacky and crazy and don't dial back any, there's nowhere else to really go with it. Was kind of like God of War 2 and 3, they both started off with ludicrously epic scenarios, but had the sense to dial it back in the second level so they didn't overwhelm the player.

Just seems like they misunderstood what made the second game popular (the balance between humor and drama) and went up to eleven with one specific element. Now the fourth just looks like moreso, what with aliens and Matrix-y computer program worlds, and it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with Saints Row anymore, other than a couple recurring characters. Just can't say I'm all that eager for the series anymore.

spartan117 Sep 25 2013, 4:16pm

Achievements: 16

Played it and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately, like most freeroam/sandbox games, the replay value pretty much plummets to the floor after completing the main story/all side missions/etc.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
ErewothesEe (50), MassacrMan (29)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List