You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Movies   »   The Host
Reaper195 Nov 28 2012, 7:33pm

Achievements: 18

I saw an image for this trailer and I was all "Hey....I wonder what that is.". Get to the main page (On the apple trailers site) and see 'from the Author of the Twilight Saga'. I consider closing it but then I see that it's sci-fi, so I give the trailer a shot. Might as well, I spent fourty minutes watching the first Twilight movie before hating the series (And the first ten pages of the first book. Got to have experienced it to hate it).

I...I am shocked that it didn't outright scream of being terrible. I'm not a fan of romance stories, particularly when romance is added to a movie with no need for it (Abduction could've been a lot better with out that bollocks), but I'm fine when it makes itself integral to the main storyline. Like that movie with matt Damon and those dues that could go through doors with their hats. I can't remember what it was called. But that was a perfect example. It had decent characters, it had romance, it had plot...but they were all integral to each other. Without one, the other two would have fallen apart.

I can only hope this movie is good. But I can also expect it to be bad. Kind of like WWZ.

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Scar Nov 29 2012, 10:19am

Achievements: 12

I have no idea what the hell Matt Damon movie you're talking about, but your description blew my mind a little.

Anyway, I saw the teaser for Host a while back, and I hated myself a little for thinking it didn't look sucky. But then I realized the concept sounds pretty damn similar to Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Reaper195 Nov 30 2012, 6:46am

Pretty similar, yeah. I thought the same thing while watching it. But like I said...I hope it is good, but I expect it to be bad.

Also, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385826/
I googled exactly what I said, and this was first reply. Well...the wikipedia page was. Still...incredibly good luck there.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Reaper195 Aug 3 2013, 7:24am

So...this was a pile of fetid shit. Possibly the slowest film I've ever seen, too. I was at a point where I was certain I was nearing the end, and I was getting incredibly tired of the drivel the actors were putting out. Even William Hurt managed to be completely uninteresting. The best part about this film was when that one truck crashes into a wall because...reasons (Instead of continuing to drive down the road. Or the two dudes driving it to shoot A: Accurately and B: realising that when bullets bounce off glass without a dent, continuing to shoot won't do something different.).

Anyway. Was near the end. Went to close my utterly illegal video file for this film (Because ass to spending legitimate money on this excuse of a film, or 'pretending' i watched it legally). 45 minutes into film (Which is about two hours). Nope. In to the bin. Free my harddrive of a bad film and space.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Captain Morgan (29), spara10 (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List