You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
Reaper195 Nov 12 2012, 8:09pm

Achievements: 18

To be honest, when I began watching this, I was expecting it to be rather low budget and show. Instead, if one watches it in one go while skipping the credits and the like...it plays as what a Halo movie should be. It was absolutely magnificent. The acting was incredibly flawless, the story was simple and well written, the special effects, while not looking like Dark of the Moon or Avatar, still looked amazing. This is what a Halo movie should be. Yes, it would have been awesome to see a group of Spartans wipe out a massive amount of Covenant, or the first Halo game movie-ised with a fifteen/twenty minute montage of everything before the game....

But you don't need huge battles or fight scenes to make a movie good. And that's what Forward Unto Dawn has done. I can only hope the team behind it make more Halo stuff...and with the disgusting amount of money made from the game alone, I'm incredibly annoyed no studio has thought it would be a good idea to back the film.

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

grunty_thirst Dec 9 2012, 5:37am

Achievements: 15

Only got around to watching the eps the other day, and I was quite impressed by them, to summarise briefly. While only short in running time, they developed the characters and story well within the restricted timeframe. Chief was a bit automated, and his dialogue was a bit too predictable for my liking, but it still felt like him, especially in the heat of battle. Needler shots looked like needlers, same for plasma bolts, energy swords, hunters and elites and so on. Again, I was pleasantly surprised by the likeness to the games.

As you said already, it feels and looks like what a Halo movie could work from.

-------------------------------
And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List