You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Off Topic   »   Advice.
harpar Aug 26 2012, 3:45am

Achievements: 11

So to start off, I am now in Oregon, and just got a job at a gas station. In Oregon You have to let someone else pump your gas, kinda a culture shock for Me. lol. Well I have known this girl for Years, have been in love with Her for about five years now, and she knows this. She will be flying out to see Me within the next few months, and I wanna surprise Her.

Now... Onto the plan. I am a HUGE Billy Joel fan (along within the rest of humanity) and I would like to somehow get her to drive up to the gas station to pick Me up from work, and Have "Uptown Girl start playing on the intercom. (Or a loud boombox, Whatever) And start dancing and singing it to Her, having My friends dancing and singing Behind Me. I don't know how This will be possible, but I think I could convince them.

What I wanna know is, What do You think? I don't know if any females still frequent this site, I'm sure Gaia stills pops in every now and then, but even a male perspective is ok. I am really excited about this. any additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Song in question.
Uptown Girl

-------------------------------

"I don't Trust anything that bleeds for a few days and doesn't die."
-Mr Garrison

Reaper195 Aug 26 2012, 4:02am

Achievements: 18

Why did you post the video? We all know the song. Anyone that doesn't simply doesn't exist...
<<

I think it's a hilariously brilliant idea. Idea. I'm not entirely sure about practical. You'd have to have a decent amount of people to do the dancing, you'd have to have your boss okay with it (Since it'd cut into work time (If only about five or so minutes), make sure it doesn;t interupt the entire station's work, etc. I can't really comment on it from your 'friends' perspective (Lol, see what I did there?), but assuming you can get over/past some of the obstacles in the way, I don't see how it could go bad, assuming you don't forget the lyrics midway through the song.

Also, welcome back!

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

harpar Aug 26 2012, 4:07am

Achievements: 11

lol Thanks, It will be late at night, since I work graveyards, And I have a few friends who I think Would be willing to do it and good point on the cutting into work-time. I will do it after I punch out And I posted the video just in case there are people here who aren't cultured.

"I don't Trust anything that bleeds for a few days and doesn't die."
-Mr Garrison

grunty_thirst Aug 28 2012, 11:18am

Achievements: 15

Why did you post the video? We all know the song. Anyone that doesn't simply doesn't exist...

Also, welcome back!

These.

I like the idea myself, as Reaper has mentioned, there are some practical issues in place, particularly I would think making sure at least a couple of your good friends will go through with it for you...late bailing on the scenario would be bad, so maybe just have a simpler backup plan in mind, even if its just you doing it alone to the song.

In fact, I had a similar plan cooking in my mind not long ago...was gonna hijack the PA to a residential hall at my uni's campus and make a dedication over it to a certain someone special. I have the contacts to make it work too I think, lol, so maybe i will employ it later in the year...

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Trumpetman09
Aug 28 2012, 3:57pm

Achievements: 25

What is this song? Have I been living too long in my white bread world?

Also, Harpar, if can pull this off, you should set up secret cameras and post it on youtube. You'll make millions!

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

squattingb
Aug 30 2012, 10:23am

Achievements: 24

As all have said, great idea! That is creative and very awesome. Question is, does she like the song too, or maybe that won't matter since it's such a classic.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Aug 30 2012, 11:04am

Achievements: 15

That sounds like an awesome idea haha. But make sure you practice a few times. Don't want anyone screwing up the first time. Good luck

My Livestream Channel

Aglor Sep 4 2012, 10:14am

Achievements: 20

A little late to the party, but my opinion will be heard anyway!

Harpar, that idea is completely stupid and childish. I love it.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List