You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Movies   »   Prometheus
Scar Feb 26 2012, 7:16pm

Achievements: 12

Who else is excited about this? First sci fi movie Ridley Scott's done since Blade Runner, I think. Apparently will take place some decades before Alien and involve that "Space Jockey" they found briefly in said film. Scott's also promised at least a few new monsters for more fun times, and Giger is back on in some capacity. Yayz!

I've proven to be extremely difficult to scare, at least with movies (games tend to be more effective). Alien came the closest to freaking me out. I never really thought it was that scary, but I admit the scenes in the small tunnels were tense.

-------------------------------

Reaper195 Feb 27 2012, 3:30am

Achievements: 18

I think it looks pretty badass. I've seen a couple of trailer, but amavoiding most forms of plot details so I can watch the movie and be all "...whoa...."

Also, Noomi Rapace. Smoking. Will see.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Zukan Feb 27 2012, 6:05am

Achievements: 13

I don't think there's a single director alive today who hasn't changed dramatically from their glory days in the 70s and 80s, that said Ridley Scott still pulls some punches in his modern films. I don't think Prometheus will live up to the legendary pictures of Alien or Blade Runner, but it will probably be a good watch nonetheless.

Scar Mar 1 2012, 10:44pm

Fun little piece of viral advertising for the movie. Apparently there will be more of this kind of stuff.

Scar Mar 17 2012, 10:29pm

BUMP! New and much better trailer! Including a couple quick shots of Rapace in stasis underwear. Scott remembers how memorable that scene with Sigourney Weaver was at the end of Alien, thank God.

Reaper195 Mar 18 2012, 1:44am

Still not clear on whether this is a direct prequel of Alien (I.E. Takes place about ten or whatever years before Alien) or if it just shares an ass-load of similarities that Scott wanted to do.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Mar 18 2012, 10:44am

I think canonically it's pretty much a prequel, there's just nothing connecting this plot directly to the events in Alien. Too many similarities for it to not be a prequel, that trailer showed the Space Jockey, the exact same ship design as the crashed one in Alien, etc.

Trumpetman09
Mar 20 2012, 1:36am

Achievements: 25

Well all we know is that it's based in the same universe, but it's piqued my interest. I would LOVE to see a revival of the Alien universe...you know, done correctly. Instead of the abominations called Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.....

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Reaper195 Mar 20 2012, 3:26am

Silence, heretic! Alien 3 was the best Alien movie evaar!

<<

Well, I thought so.

And thanks for clearing that up, Scar. I knew it wasn;t going to have a connection with the Alien movies, I was just wondering if there were in the same universe/planet. Which they are. Can't wait to see this.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Oct 3 2012, 8:26am

Welp, who saw this? What were the thoughts thought when said seeing occurred?

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Scar Oct 3 2012, 10:44am

I actually just saw this finally a couple of weeks ago through means that will not be discussed here. It... I'm not actually sure how I feel about it. It felt like I watched a lot of dead ends. The plot made sense and all, but it seemed like they kept bringing up some really interested side things but then never went anywhere with them. I'd like to see a director's cut before I make a final decision.

Zukan Oct 3 2012, 5:18pm

Achievements: 13

Fassbender = performance of the year. People either love or hate this movie, I'm leaning more towards love. I wasn't going in expecting another "Alien", maybe that's the reason why.

Scar Oct 3 2012, 6:52pm

I will agree with that, the man was brilliant in it. Although I wasn't really expecting another Alien, I was a little disappointed it wasn't as scary to me. The surgical machine thing was a little cringe-worthy, in a good way, but still wasn't as edge-of-my-seat as I was with Alien.

Reaper195 Oct 3 2012, 7:32pm

That surgical machine was awesome and brutal, although

SPOILERS!

I was rather annoyed how the chick had an alien thing removed from her, and then a moment later, she was up and walking around like she hadn't had a c-section, and the alien baby was completely ignored until the near end of the film. And while there was a fair amount that needed a fair bit of explaining upon, it was still a good movie. I would love to see the directors cut, since it adds about an extra half an hour (Or something along those lines).

Hell, maybe it'd be like Watchmen, where the complete uncut version was nearly four hours long, an hour and a bit longer than the theatrical cut.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Oct 4 2012, 12:05am

I'm going to pretty much agree. I felt like this movie was just an outline of an essay, and there was so much more that they needed to fill in. Probably ginna pick up the directors cut on Blue-ray when it hits shelves.
Honestly, I watched two films in theaters this summer, this and Avengers. And since I fell asleep during Avengers, I'll go with this as my favorite film of the summer(except maybe Goon, thread on that soon.)
Overall, yeah, good, but could have been so much better. Just kinda jumped around a ton. Didn't enjoy that. But the acting. The friggin' acting. My god. I could have made love to all of these actors in a purely hertosexual mannar. (Read it like I wrote it).
Btw, when does it hit shelves? I don't really have time to go to stores and browse anymore, so I sometimes miss this stuff.

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Scar Oct 4 2012, 12:24am

Pretty sure it comes out next week or something. The theatrical version at least, dunno if/when a director's cut will be out.

I was just surprised Shaw didn't bother mentioning the fact that there was an alien fetus alive in the other room to anyone. Yeah, I can accept the initial shock of who she found was on the ship the whole time, but still... Feel like that was something to be brought up before the went back into the Engineer ship lol. I did like how they brought it back, though.

Honestly though, even though she was covered in blood and birthing liquid and shit, worth it for seeing Noomi Rapace walking around in pretty much nothing but underwear. Hot damn!

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Captain Morgan (29), spara10 (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List