You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Mass Effect 3
Nerrolken
Feb 6 2012, 8:07pm

Achievements: 24

Has anyone pre-ordered ME3? Meghan and Lu and I are REALLY looking forward to it. We've basically got March 6th locked off from all other activities... Hahaha.

Any other Mass Effect fans up in here?

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

squattingb
Feb 6 2012, 9:43pm

YEA! I pre-ordered it about half a year ago . I'm so excited

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Feb 6 2012, 10:41pm

Achievements: 18

I won't be getting the collectors edition like I did with 3. Not enogh (At least with NZ, as far as I know) to warrant an extra thirty bucks. I also haven't pre-ordered it.

Now, to the cliche gamer on the internet, that must mean I think Bioware and EA have somehow raped ME3. Which is the opposite of the truth. I thought removing some of the RPGness from the first game was a good idea. I hardly noticed any difference in what my guns were doing as I raised my skill, and only noticed any change when I got a BETTER gun. Although I do miss the ability to have quite a few different kinds of guns. And being able to use them even when not in the same class.

And unlimited ammo. Dear sweet baby Jesus on a Christ, I hope they put the heat system back in. I remember reading that BIoware said the ammo system made the combat in 2 much more fluid. I found it froze it up something horrendous. "Yeah! Just did that awesome charge attack into a Krogan, and now he's flying away all slow like. Time to shoot him with my shotgun for the final kill while time is slow and he's floating.......wait...I need to reload. THIS IS HOW I DIE!" (This happens far too often in ME2. Never aside from thee times have I ever overheated in ME1).

To the point, I think ME3 looks even better, and I will be getting it On the.....
Tuesday....

When I finish work after game store has closed. And I have work all week.....DAMMIT!

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

squattingb
Feb 7 2012, 12:12am

I completely agree with the ammo comment, the system in ME1 was great.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Feb 7 2012, 1:23am

I also miss the grenades. Everyone keeps going on about how they never used them, yet I always used them, and was annoyed at how little you get. I also loved the fact that you can remote detonate them. Enemy behind a corner? Le problem solved!

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Disease Feb 7 2012, 1:26am

Achievements: 15

Can't wait for this. I'm still mad at EA for not letting it be on Steam, and only having it on Origin. I'm going to try and download it on there, but if it doesn't work, there's going to be hell to pay.

Also, I haven't seen anything about it at all, so no spoilers for me

And they are bringing back grenades too (from what little I seen at the E3 gameplay last year)

I have a list on things I wish that would happen in ME3:

1: Have the story very dark and gritty. Sort of like near the end of the first Mass Effect game. SPOILERS, the citadel opening up, thousands of people being killed, galaxy almost coming to it's end right then and there, with heroic speeches and battles. Ahhh, good stuff.

2: The weapons. The ones in the first game where amazing (once you got the awesome ones half-way/near the end). I found that the accuracy was horrible in ME2, and you hardly hold any ammo at all. Sure enemies drop ammo, but I don't like running out of ammo mid-fight, or running on fumes from battle to battle.

3: Make all the characters play a part in the story. I wish it would be a mix between ME1 and 2's way of doing things. Mass Effect 1 focused on it's story, while Mass Effect 2 focused mainly on characters. I want ME3 to focus on both.

4: Don't nerf the reapers. Sovereign in the first game was a lone Reaper ship, that had enough firepower to destroy all ships that defended the citadel, and was hard as hell to kill. I don't want them to magically find out a weakness in the Reapers, and be able to kill them all easily. I want every single one of them to be just as tough as Sovereign.

My Livestream Channel

spartan117 Feb 7 2012, 11:59am

Achievements: 16

ME3 would be amazing if it included some kind of custom galaxy feature.

It'd be cool to create your own customized side-quests from a set of templates, and even cooler if the PC version had extensive modding tools to create custom characters and include your own dialogue.

Unfortunately I know that will never happen because EA.

Oh yeah, speaking of things I want to see in ME3, I want to see Arcturus Station and the 5th Fleet do something.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

squattingb
Feb 7 2012, 12:06pm

I've never been a big fan of any kind of modding with the odd exception here and there. I wouldn't really want to see mods for ME3 because it's supposed to be such a structured game with a well planned story and gameplay/character interaction to go along with it, I feel like mods would create such a weird experience for me.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

spartan117 Feb 7 2012, 12:15pm

I've always felt that mods increase the value of a game by a great factor. Portal 2 would have been incredibly boring if Valve hadn't released the Portal 2 SDK to allow Portal 2 players to create their own chambers and their own puzzles.

While I do understand that Mass Effect 3 is one of those games that will hopefully have the same structure as its predecessors, the addition of an SDK or some form of basic modding suite would be a really nice addition. Even if the structure is perfect, it can always be improved upon by adding customized content onto it.

My favorite part of the original Mass Effect was going from system to system and stumbling upon derelict ships, abandoned mines, or Alliance outposts which had come under mysterious assaults.

Side quests like that added a nice mysterious and imaginative aspect to the game's structure, and it really bothered me that those aspects weren't really even included in Mass Effect 2.

squattingb
Feb 7 2012, 3:57pm

I know what you're saying, I just think some games are meant for modding and built with the intention of being mod-friendly whereas other games such as ME3 are not...

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Feb 7 2012, 6:39pm

The first DLC for ME3 has already been revealed, called "From Dust". Would be interesting if the Reapers actually did annihilate the galaxy, and all life is struggling to get back on their feet. Would be a real twist ending to ME3 lol.

My Livestream Channel

squattingb
Feb 7 2012, 9:32pm

god why, i don't care about DLC until I actually finish the game... >.<

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Feb 7 2012, 11:04pm

I know :/ I think DLC shouldn't be announced until 2-3 months after a game is released. If they announce it before, or during the first month, you know they're only doing it for money, not to make their customers happy.

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Feb 7 2012, 11:37pm

DLC of any kind isn't bad as long as it's worth the money. If it only adds an extra hour or two to the game, it should be worth piss all. I got the Shadow Broker DLC on the 360 for 800 points, and finished that in an hour and a bit, if that. I spent 1200 points on the zombie thing for Red Dead Redemption. Ten hours later, I still hadn't finished it. Aside from that, DLC doesn't bother me because I never get it. I simply see it as a waste of my money and time.

"From Dust"....how original. And I'm not meaning a reference to the indie game.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Disease Feb 8 2012, 12:42am

lol Yeah that's what I thought of.

All of the Mass Effect 2 DLC was kind of a let down imo, besides Shadow Broker. Not a whole lot that made me go WOW.

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Feb 8 2012, 12:53am

Considering I got most free by getting the Cerberus network free with the Collectors edition, I didn't mind that much how not great they were. The Firewalker (?) missions reminded me somewhat of the random ones in the first game, and made me wish they still allowed you to explore planets. Zaeed was cool guy. And I got some free weapons and armour, the armour I never used since it was a full suit of not. I wanted Collector armour with that eye scanner thing for the helmet.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

spartan117 Feb 8 2012, 10:06am

I got all of the DLC for ME2 and ME1 for the PC via other means of acquisition.

Out of all of the DLCs for ME2, my favorite is Arrival. I haven't played Shadow Broker yet, but I'm sure that will top Arrival.

I guarantee you that this "From Dust" DLC isn't DLC at all. Knowing EA, it's stored on the game's disc and in your installation files already. You just have to purchase the DLC to activate it, which is garbage.

PC Dead Space 2 was like that. All of the previously console exclusive DLC with the exception of Severed came with the installation, but it wasn't able to be used legitimately until EA released a patch for the game because everybody who owned it on PC knew the DLC files were in their installation directory.

Disease Feb 11 2012, 11:37pm

Alright, so I just got done playing the ME3 demo. Thankfully, it was stuff I already seen during gameplay videos from E3 last year. It's a 2 parter. The first part looks like the very beginning of the game. From what I can tell from what I played:

Pros:
- It will be grim. The ending of the first mission should show how grim, and what your in for.
- The combat is fluid and feels like a proper shooter (that could be a con I guess)
- It's very cinematic.
- More diverse upgrade system, that's like a mix between ME 1 and 2.

Cons:
- In the past games, you choose what Shepard said almost all the time. This time around, Shepard talks freely and there are few dialog options, and when there are, there's only 2 options to choose from.
- Some of the sound effects don't sound right (The pistol and the Avenger assault rifle)
- A couple characters . . .aren't right. I'm not sure if they have the same voice actor for Wrex. This time around Wrex seems like a sissy, and not a hardass like he was in the first. While Ashley's voice actor is the same for sure, the model looks more like Miranda than Ashley from the first two Mass Effects.
- It gives the player a choice as to how they play the game. You can either play it like the first 2 Mass Effects, or choose a more "traditional" method and choose Action, and it will be played out before you. No conversation wheel. Just cut scenes. I feel like this option should have left out, because it seems like they are trying to make the game appeal to the casual gamer (AKA Call of Duty and Gears of War fans) and not sticking with their original fans (which is all too common these days, sadly)

Overall, Mass Effect 3 should prove to be a great game.

Edit: Alright. So I was on the Mass Effect 3 forums and they said that there will be more dialog options in the full game's release. Makes sense. Why would they give you all the dialog options available for a demo?

My Livestream Channel

Trance Feb 17 2012, 11:07pm

Achievements: 14

Vanguard is now even more amazing. It's completely dedicated to close-range carnage now. There's a power called Nova which uses up your shields and does an AoE explosion around you. Great damage even at the first skill level, but when skilled up it's devastating. Best part? It doesn't share a cooldown with your other powers. You can charge a target and follow up with a Nova, putting some serious hurt on him and any of his friends nearby.

Vanguards still aren't good for taking on mechs, though. Any other enemy type Vanguards just annihilate.

The co-op horde mode is pretty fun when playing with friends, but I hope the full game has a bit more variety available for it. And I gave in to my curiosity and played the two short segments available in the single-player mode, and now I've got a purchase lined up that I really shouldn't be making right now. I was worried that the new game was going to be all about fighting on Earth, but from the looks of it that's not the way the game is going to go.

Ordinarily I never buy games at release, but I may not be able to stand it otherwise in the case of ME3.

Disease Feb 18 2012, 1:03pm

I literally haven't played any class other than soldier. I seen some of that Vanguard action in the horde mode in a video, and I might like that

My Livestream Channel

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List