You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Movies   »   Red Tails
Nerrolken
Jan 28 2012, 2:13pm

Achievements: 24

I was REALLY excited about Red Tails when I first saw the trailer, but now that it's out, everyone seems to be saying it was a huge disappointment... I don't normally listen to reviews, but the uniformity does kind of worry me...

Has anyone seen it? Is it really that disappointing, or are the critics just being critics?

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

Trumpetman09
Jan 28 2012, 3:05pm

Achievements: 25

Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of it. It's no Saving Private Ryan, however it does have its merits. It tells the story that should be told and is fairly historically accurate while doing so. The biggest issue is that it's pretty bland during the parts where they aren't fighting and the dialogue is nothing to write home about. It all really depends on your own personal taste in these types of films. I would give it a solid 3/5.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Reaper195 Jan 28 2012, 5:57pm

Achievements: 18

It's crap. George Lucas ruined it by adding a couple of extra sound effects, and the story makes the main villian a lot more emo and..

<<

>>

Sorry, I always associate whining with anything to do with Lucas (Am a fan of the prequel, thinks the fanboys need to shush).

The only reason I'm not so interested in this movie is that it's a WW2 movie. I have nothing against Lucas, and the movie looks like it has a rather decent story and set of characters. But WW2 is more or less dead to me. I might not see it in theatres, but I will probably get it on DVD/BR (Like most things. It's usually an extra $10NZD and you get it for life instead of one viewing. Which is fixed by having comfy couch and badass sound system).

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Trumpetman09
Jan 29 2012, 3:19am

Achievements: 25

Hmm...us reviewing movies for people...now how useful it would be if we had a place to write movie reviews for people who are close in interests as ourselves? Nerrolken, *hint hint*

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Disease Jan 30 2012, 1:12am

Achievements: 15

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not going to let a few bad reviews ruin it for me. I love WWII Air Combat, planes etc, so I'll probably enjoy this.

My Livestream Channel

Sarge McCla Feb 25 2012, 1:32pm

Achievements: 11

To be frank, I couldn't trust Lucas to tell a story as important as the one about the Tuskegee airmen. I heard the aerial battles were great, but that the rest was simply not up to par. Might catch it if it comes to Netflix if only because propellor planes, P-51 Mustangs in particular, make warm feelings bubble up inside me.

spartan117 May 26 2012, 3:03am

Achievements: 16

3 month bump ahoy

I liked the original Tuskegee Airmen, so I was kind of excited when I saw a trailer for this play on TV.

May check it out sometime. Might be cool.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
ElectroRent (30)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List