You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Good games for the PS3
floodrock Aug 10 2011, 11:45pm

Achievements: 12

So I just bought a PS3, and I was wondering if anyone had any good game suggestions. So far I have Killzone 2, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Resistance: Fall of Man, and Assassin's Creed:Brotherhood.

-------------------------------
idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Reaper195 Aug 11 2011, 12:22am

Achievements: 18

Infamous 1/2 and MGS4 are the only PS3 exclusive games I can think of that I have and enjoy. Then there is just other games that are on both consoles, but you don't have.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

spartan117 Aug 11 2011, 1:35am

Achievements: 16

LPB
Portal 2

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

JadedTarget Aug 14 2011, 10:36pm

Achievements: 14

METAL GEAR!!! CRAB BATTLE!!! >.>

Anyway. Pretty much all of the famous Xbox 360 and PC games are available for the PS3 as well but you will usually want to get the PC version of those anyway. It's either "The 360 version is better than the PS3 version" or "The PS3 version is better than the 360 version" or "the crap is a Wii" but naturally I don't know which games are better on which console. I do know that the PS3 version of Black Ops has more issues than the 360 version. <.<

But, hey, PSN is free and generally just as much of a lagfest as the $60 XBL, right? Quite a deal.

As for specific games. I hear that Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is epic. But it's for the PSP. Lol. Metal Gear Solid 4 is AMAZING. Get it. Seriously. Or be stabbed. o.o It should come with Metal Gear Online also, right? I heard some bad things about MAG.

Top picks that are multi-console could be GTA IV, Bioshock, The Orange Box, Fallout 3, CoD, and Battlefield. Is God of War PlayStation only? Haze and Crysis. LittleBigPlanet is famous. Ratchet and Clank is famous, as well as that thing... With the dude... And the guy... >.< JACK & DEXTER! Daxter? O.o That's the thing with the dude and the guy is called! It's been so long since I've played that crap.

Ninja Gaiden is famous. Gran Turismo is famous. SOCOM is famous. Ah, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs. How I miss owning a PS2. Never should have sold it for an Xbox. -.-

Final Bloody Fantasy is famous-epic-WoW-killing-awesome... Yeah, I said it! I'd personally rather rent a movie but people like FF so meh.

So. Out of those games, I would say go with METAL GEAR!!! and maybe LittleBigPlanet and I don't really know what other exclusives. Depends on if you like Racing, Ninja-stabbing people, RPGs, whatever. The multi-platform rest is up to you. Though they do tend to be of lower quality these days. Saw an article comparing several of the upcoming games. They're all urban environment New York City apocalypse first-person-shooters with M4 style guns aiming down EOTech sights against generic Russian evilness soldiers...

Originality is not the strong point of the current generation... Just go with MGS4. Or get a Wii and Metroid Prime 3. Seriously. Those games have this thing called "I give a damn about what I make" mentality that the game industry threw out the window.

Word to the wise: Unreal Tournament III. PS3 and PC version are almost 100% identical and even allow you to download custom skins and community created maps... On a console... That is kickass. The Xbox 360 version? It took them six months longer to release a game where they cut all of the cool stuff out, never released ANY DLC for it, and the damn thing crashes all the time.

Good job, Epic. I like Gears of War but do y'all have to kill your much better franchise to force Xbox owners to purchase an Xbox exclusive game that can hold its own against it anyway? D:

So UT3 PS3/PC = Great Game. UT3 360 = Cut out your eyes. :'(

Hope I offered some highly... colorful insight for you Floodrock. ^_^

"Self-proclaimed genius."
Bungie.net Fileshare

Emblem avatar created by Of Doom.
Edgeworks signature created by JoeIce.
This post has been edited by Trance.

-This Post Copyright 2006 by Chas TeBockhorst-

floodrock Aug 14 2011, 11:43pm

Achievements: 12

Well, very insiteful, but since I'm not the biggest gamer anymore, I just pick up some of the stuff. I've actually picked up Resistance 2 and Uncharted 2 recently, cause those series just seemed pretty good. Uncharted is amazing. I only really want Killzone 3, cause its beyond amazing. Oh, and now I do have a PSP again, due to someone throwing it into a knife deal to sweeten it. Along with a DSi and a laptop. I've already made my money twice over. Oh how I love gullible blond girls.

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

JadedTarget Aug 14 2011, 11:56pm

Achievements: 14

Hey, uh, when you're done with that gullible blonde girl...

Then I strongly suggest Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's just as good as any full-blown console game. Excellent value for a handheld game. If you want Killzone 3 then you should at least give MGS4 a rent. Very few games truly have the kind of heart that Kojima put into those.

Minds shall be blown.

Sorry I don't have any advice for DSi or laptop games. But if you are looking for antiquated Mac games that will never go out of style...

"Self-proclaimed genius."
Bungie.net Fileshare

Emblem avatar created by Of Doom.
Edgeworks signature created by JoeIce.
This post has been edited by Trance.

-This Post Copyright 2006 by Chas TeBockhorst-

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List