You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo 4
Disease Jun 6 2011, 2:25pm

Achievements: 15

Due out next holiday, this is supposed to be the start of a new trilogy. Let's just prey they don't butcher it with unchanged multiplayer, and a medicore storyline.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06/e3-2011-halo-4-e3-teaser-trailer?objectid=110563

-------------------------------
My Livestream Channel

squattingb
Jun 6 2011, 7:20pm

Achievements: 24

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(x2)

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Jun 6 2011, 11:41pm

Achievements: 18

Well, it's not being made by Bungie, so hopefully it won't be as bad as Reach was (Yes, I'm still butthurt over that goddamn abomination of an alleged 'ending of a series').

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Disease Jun 7 2011, 12:01am

Reach had the second best story imo :o. Got me all giddy with excitement knowing that's what happened right before the first halo (I read Fall of Reach waaaaaay too long ago, so i don't remember anything except some of the training when they were kids).

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Jun 7 2011, 12:15am

Did you consider just reading it again? And considering that FoR made more sense than "OMG! Spartan IIIs and Halsey being a dick and then Cortana and completely ignoring everything else that happened in the first and third books!"

Meh, I will always prefer the books over the games, but whatever. Each to their own.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Disease Jun 7 2011, 12:38am

Well, I got all summer, and only Duke Nukem to look forward to. Might as well give it another read

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Jun 7 2011, 1:07am

You should. The books are awesome. Probably the only book series based on a series I genuinely like. Well...until the continuity started to get a little wonky. Starting with Contact Harvest. I miss Nylund. He were cool guy that made Halo awesome and sci-fi techy.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Geo Ghost Jun 8 2011, 7:06pm

Oh bloody HELL NO.

No... just no.
I'm sorry guys but from what I have see so far, I do NOT want to see this 'Halo 4' work out.

That is a recipe for destroying the halo storyline and universe and I do not want to see that happen.
By all means, have another game or trilogy set within the halo universe... but not continuing on from where Halo 3 left off. it's just not right in my opinion. It's dragging the series out WAY too far.

Plus, the name 'Halo' is over-used now. Unless it's actually involving one of the rings, which is unlikely as that story is pretty much dead, the series should be re-branded into something new.

I'm a big Halo fan. Always have been and always will but I do not want to see this. It's a horrible idea that I'm certain will kill the franchise and everything Bungie has done.

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

- The Edgeworks Forum resident Brony

squattingb
Jun 9 2011, 8:14pm

If you didn't know, 343 Industries is making this game. I have absolutely faith in their abilities as they were a large part of the Reach project (and I personally loved Reach).

I honour Reach and FoR in their respective ways, I think both painted amazing stories about Reach and were great in their own rights. I certainly thought it was the 3rd best game of the series after Halo 1 and ODST.

I am honestly so excited for Halo 4... no one ever said that the series was done, merely Bungie stating that Reach was their last Halo game and certainly... as we can see... it was. As I said, I have faith in 343 and I'm excited to see what they can produce, doubly so if they really bring some amazing stuff to the table and give Halo their own unique perspective because honestly, Bungie's approach to Halo was pretty much the same since Halo CE.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Trumpetman09
Jun 10 2011, 6:59pm

Achievements: 25

Sorry Geo, but I gotta agree with squattingb.

I honestly want the Halo franchise to be big again, it dimmed from the stupid ideas of Halo Legends(well only a couple of the stories were bad) and the Halo: ODST fiasco.(Yes it's a fiasco, a 3 hour game for $60 bucks. WTF.)

I want to have faith in 343 and with what they are doing with the Halo Anniversary, I can't be any more excited for Halo 4. I finally go to say, "I told you so" to my friends who said that the Chief was dead and gone for good.

As for the "jet pack" and new armor in the trailer, according to Frankie there is an explanation for that. I want to hear that, because that is the only thing that has thrown me off from the trailer.

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Reaper195 Jun 10 2011, 11:45pm

A lot of things in Legends made me go "...eh?", but they were good by themselves, especially that 3D one. That was some epic fight scenes, the kind that should have been in any Halo game (Closest we got was in Halo Wars). I didn't have much problem with ODST, and I remember it taking longer than 3 hours to finish.

Personally, I am somewhat excited about H4. Like Geo said, it really seemed like Bungie ended the Halo trilogy, and I wish they had named it something else, or Halo: Something Else....but it will be interesting to see how they take it, and whether they fall into sequel fail. Which I hope they dont't.

Sequel fail = Where a series starts off at having one game/movie that ends on while a cliff-hanger, not much of one and could actually do well to just leave alone. Then they make the second one which ends on such a wanker cliff-hanger, that it feels like it pulled a Lost, or ended at a stupidly critical moment. Then they make the third one which tries to tie up too many storylines as quickly as possible. (Halo, Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc)

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

spartan117 Jan 15 2012, 3:16pm

Achievements: 16

I take it that I'm the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea.

"Spartan117 explores his sexuality via an internet forum." - Nick
"Spartan117, boldly going where no one else really wants to go." - Trance

squattingb
Jan 16 2012, 12:27am

maybe, I'm pretty pumped for it. I eat up these things like bacon.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Zukan Jan 19 2012, 4:23pm

Achievements: 13

Not by Bungie. There are signs of a troubled development. They force drag master chief out in the open again? So soon? The only motivation for this game/new trilogy to exist is to milk its brand before it has waned completely. If I didn't know better I'd say this project was headed by George Lucas. Overall assessment = boner kill.

But then again, what do I know? I thought ODST was the best halo game ever. I spend my time counting crows sitting on the tree outside my window, so my taste in games probably doesn't mean much to you.

Reaper195 Jan 19 2012, 5:42pm

I prefered the original trilogy. I thought ODST was annoyingly short and suffered from FPS syndrome (You play a nameless character called only by rank and you have no voice...ffs), and Reach just...angered me. In so many ways.

And while I usually dislike it when series just keep bloody going and developers become known for making just one series instead of making a series of independent games, but are all incredibly good, but I am jonesing to see what 343 can do, since they have yet to release an actual game (Re-imaging H:CE doesn't really count).

Actually, I wish 343 had made a prequel game. Like...thirty hours long, some open-worldness (Like The Darkness, mabe?), and went over all the events in Fall of Reach. From training as a kid to just before the first game. Granted, Reach did that (Well, ish), but I thought Reach was the biggest bollocks up I've ever seen for a games continuity.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

squattingb
Jan 20 2012, 12:26am

like I've said before, I think ODST, Reach and Halo 1 are the best halo games... not necessarily in that order. I'm just very interested in what Halo 4 and 343 have to bring to the table.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Jan 20 2012, 12:34am

Those are my favs of the Halo series too lol.

I have hope for Halo 4. 343 did a great job with CE: Anniversary. The sounds were good (unlike the Halo 3 Assault riffle rubbish) , the music was good, the graphics were beautiful. But I know what you're thinking. They had everything layed out before them and they just built on it.

My Livestream Channel

Zukan Jan 20 2012, 2:30am

Achievements: 13

And then there's the issue of explaining everything you know? In Halo one, part of the reason it was soo cool for its time was the mystery surrounding it, Bungie had built this big universe, and by the end of the game only 5% of it was ever fully explained in the game, everything else was just hinted upon. That made it very exciting for me. But now 10 years later we know everything, through sequels, novels, comics, movies, ARG's, etc... The forerunners, the origin of the rings, their true purpose, the covenant, the flood, humanity's role, master chief's backstory, it's all been analyzed and explained to death. Where's the excitement now? I just don't see it anymore.

I just think it's time for a new universe, a new game, new characters and mysteries, so I'm looking forward to Bungie's new project more than this resurrection of Halo. They have a good track record of making immersive worlds and stories. 343? I know nothing about them except they were put together by Microsoft in an attempt to make money...

squattingb
Jan 20 2012, 9:07am

Hmm, I disagree with that.

I feel like the whole purpose of this new Halo trilogy (or at the very least, Halo 4) is the explore Forerunner lore which we've now only begun to truly scratch the surface with Forerunner trilogy novels by Greg Bear. It's this whole other side to the Halo Universe that's been pretty mysterious and I'm certainly looking forward to uncovering more clues about their past and the possibility of their existence within the present-day Halo timeline (and what that may mean!)

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Jan 20 2012, 11:31am

Yeah. The new trilogy is going to (hopefully) bring back that mysterious feeling. The Human Covenant war isn't going on any more, there shouldn't be any humans on the mysterious planet (unless it's Onyx). Everything will be new and undiscovered.

Also, I think I should note that the legendary ending of Halo 3, which was still made by Bungie, obviously showed room for a sequel. What I'm saying is, Microsoft and 343 didn't just revive the series, it was planned out by Bungie themselves from the beginning, even if it's not being made by them(and a lot of members of 343 actually come from Bungie).

My Livestream Channel

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Nerrolken (31), xX Church Xx (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List