You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Television   »   Game of Thrones
grunty_thirst Jun 20 2012, 3:52am

Achievements: 15

So...I'll just assume I'm the only one watching this show? Because that last episode was celestial. OOOOOTHEEEEEEERS!

Nope, I'm still watching it. I was so happy to see some mild battle scenes in the last couple of eps. Kings landing reminded me of a crappier battle of Helms deep tho, lol. Tyrrian was priceless tho when the second wave comes behind them 'F*** me!'. And yes, hoping now that Winter is freaking here already we'll some more larger battles too. Havent read the books tho, they may be next on my list now. Found it funny tho, there was a blurb for thrones (i assume the first book) in the back of another series ive owned for about 10 years and reread only recently. Couldve got on it early but oh well.

And just becos this thread reminded me. This is why I hate Daenerys:

-------------------------------
And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Reaper195 Jun 20 2012, 5:21am

Achievements: 18

The battle scenes in the ninth episode were rather small, but that's what happens when you have about 80 million bucks for the entire season, not just a single battle scene (Feckin' LotR). Id advise not reading the books (Or at least, only the first two books) simply to not ruin the series. One of the very few problems I have with the show is now un-shocking some scenes are simply because I knew they were coming. As for Dany...haters gonna hate. I love her. And can't wait until the third/fourth season where she frees the shit out of the slave trade in an entire continent. And crucifies many, many dicks that deserve it. Or the sixth season (Since the third book will be split into two seasons, and while the fourth book was long, not enough happens to split it in the series), where the Dragons are full size and escape and attack an entire city. It will be GLORIOUS!
<<

>>

And to think, when I first saw the first few episodes of the show, I wasn't really interested and hadn't read the books. Now I'm an epic fan of everything Ice and Fire.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Reaper195 Sep 24 2012, 5:28pm

Pic related. Laughed so damn hard at this.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Oct 5 2012, 1:44am

Achievements: 12

Ha I remember that one. I'll give JK Rowling some leeway though, since as much as I like her writing, her audience has a considerably larger amount of young folks than Martin.

Reaper195 Oct 5 2012, 6:02am

This is true. Not to mention Martin, long before ASOIAF, wrote books in which major characters died, as well as being set in grim, dark and brutal worlds. Whereas Harry Potter (Well, the first few books) were rather uplifting and light. Although by the sixth one, they were on a brutal dark level of...something dark and brutal.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 3 2013, 12:04am

So... Red Wedding... that just happened...

Reaper195 Jun 3 2013, 6:01am

Episode downloading as we type in glorious 720p. Cannot friggin' wait. Anyone else still around that's still watching the series?

Also, not a fan of the way the Other died at the end of the last episode. It was much cooler and...magicier...in the books.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 3 2013, 9:34am

I didn't read the books, but as I heard didn't it melt or something? Also, were all those crows related to the Other/White Walker, or do ya think Coldhands was in the woods nearby?

Also, since you read the book and know what's coming (like I said, I didn't read the book, but I knew about it anyway) the sense of dread that keeps building up gets pretty intense. Prepare thyself.

Reaper195 Jun 3 2013, 3:29pm

Wow, I'd forgotten about Coldhands. In theory, we should see him in the last episode, unless they'll go what the books do and leave Sam and Gilly being attacked by a group of Wights, and then Bran meets him a week or so later while he's still moving further north. And then he meets Coldhands. I'm interested to see how they deal with Bran, because nothing really develops further with him until the fifth book. And even then, he only had about four or five chapters.

I kind of with there was a way to erase my memory of the books temporarily. The shocking part about the Red Wedding in the book was that it came out of nowhere. It broke so many rules, both in writing and in the series universe.

One thing I must know, since there's been no mention of it. Is there any mention of Balon Greyjoy yet, Theon's father? He made himself king of the Iron Islands early in the second season, and then disappeared. Nor has there been any mention of Theon's uncles, who are all pretty important later on in the series.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Reaper195 Jun 3 2013, 5:57pm

That was the most tense hour of TV I've ever seen in a long goddamn time. I really wish I had no memory of the books, and there were no recaps at the beginning of the episode. That came out of absolutely nowhere and with just cold, brutal efficiency. And I was wrong. There was a fair bit of atmospheric foreshadowing in the books (As in, everything felt all wrong and whatnot, but that actual acts were still unexpected).

No Coldhands, no Balon Greyjoy...hopefully that will all be next episode.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 3 2013, 10:21pm

Do remember that they're splitting book three into two seasons, so there should be a decent amount of stuff yet before we reach season 5/book 4. I'm gonna take a guess and say that this season will end with introducing Lady Stoneheart, since that's only three days after the Red Wedding in the book.

Hoping this means Joffrey will finally get killed in the first half of next season.

Reaper195 Jun 4 2013, 4:08am

Spoilers!

George Martin writes one episode a season, and he's done episode 2 next season, which I expect will be Joffery's wedding (Man, fuck weddings in ASOIAF). I don't think we'll see Stoneheart this season. Waaay too close together being a TV series. The Red Wedding was halfway through Storm of Swords, and Stoneheart was revealed on the last page. Although her name was mentioned a few times along the way of the book. Jamie and Brienne also have to get to King Landing. Not to mention the Red Viper and his group come up from Dorne, which will probably be next season. Although they might be introduced sometime in the last episode.

Damn this forum and it's lack of spoiler tags...

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 6 2013, 9:54am

Well, the title of the finale is "Mhysa" which is apparently Valyrian for "mother." Thought it might have something to do with Lady Stoneheart, but the song from the soundtrack with the same title is clearly a new version of Dany's theme. Not the slightest idea what the context of it is, but it sounds really different from the show's usual music, so should be interesting.

Also, many lolz to be had in this video.

Reaper195 Jun 6 2013, 4:52pm

'Mhysa' is Ghhiscari (The area Daenerys is in), and this episode will possibly focus a fair bit on her.

In the books, there are rumours around that the Brotherhood Without Banners is being led by Beric Dondarion in joint with Stoneheart, and people are constantly finding hanged Freys and Boltons. I think we'll see Stoneheart next season, with a fair bit of people going "WTF up wit' all dees hanged doods?"...maybe mid season? Although in the books, Stoneheart is seen once right at the end of the third book, and then in the last Brienne chapter of the fourth book.
....but that's kind of hard to go on, since in the books, Theon wasn't seen from the end of the second book until the fifth one.

I watched that video a few days ago. So much lulz. I love how it sounds like they're watching a snuff film without any video. Or that one chick in a group of people who simply smiles while everyone is losing their minds.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 6 2013, 10:51pm

She looked like she was taking mental notes, I'd be worried about her if I were those people.

Seems like they're shifting a fair amount around partly to keep the actors around, and also I hear there's a lot of filler in books 4 and 5 that needs to be dealt with. Still, it'd be cool if they handled it like the book, where we get a whole season of mysterious hangings around the countryside with rumors, then reveal later Stoneheart in the last scene. They play their cards right, that could be glorious to watch on screen.

Reaper195 Jun 6 2013, 11:55pm

I agree, it could be an amazing scene especially if they mix in the reveal of Stoneheart with her first meeting (And only second appearance) with Brienne. Not to mention there Brienne still has to get to Kings Landing, deal with a couple of things there, leave and go on her own trip with a couple of other characters who won't be going until a couple of other major events happen. Which will probably all happen early in the next season.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 9 2013, 11:58pm

Not a bad episode. Not quite as climactic as the first two season finales, but makes sense to slow things down a tad after an even with the magnitude of the Red Wedding. Was obviously setting up for future events, although I'm a little irked we didn't see Coldhands (yet).

Reaper195 Jun 10 2013, 12:52am

Whoa, whoa WHOA! Spoilers, brah!

But kind of expected. I forgot that Coldhands only has two appearances, and you don't even know it's him when Sam first meets him. His first 'true' appearance is in Bran's last chapter, where he meets him and he talks and such. And bugger all happens with Bran during the third book (All of four chapters). D/Ling last episode now.

Also, having experienced the horribleness/awesomeness hat was the Red Wedding, I've gotten my parents into Game of Thrones. I gave them the first season last week. They finished it in two days and love the absolute pants off the show. And my mother just loves Catelyn Stark. Cannot wait.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Scar Jun 10 2013, 9:38am

Oh my God, I can't decide if that's hilarious or cruel (more hilarious).

Sam and Gilly get south of the Wall in this episode, but by the time you first see them they've already on the other side, and neither of them mention Coldhands, so I'm gonna be annoyed if they cut him out (I know he's not integral to the plot, but he's just so awesome, especially if he turns out to be Benjen Stark in the books).

Reaper195 Jun 10 2013, 5:32pm

I don't think he's Benjin. The children of the forest refer to him like he's suuuper old. I was waiting for someone to find Benjin during the second and maybe third book, but I think it's just one of Martin's things, and leaves his fate nothing but maybe a splotch of drying blood on top of a massive mound of snow, only to melt once the winds of winter have gone.

<<

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List