You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   The Halo Reach Campaign/Single-play Topic
Geo Ghost Sep 14 2010, 3:35pm

Achievements: 15

So like the Halo 3 campaign topic, BAM!

Reach Campaign topic.
Remember spoiler-tags for the first... how ever long it takes for people to complete it a good 5 times tongue.gif

I'm going for legendary on my first play wink.gif
... When the game arrives! Dam you play.com!!! I feel betrayed.

MOD NOTE:
Could someone rename this to "The Halo Reach Campaign/Single-play Topic " and sticky the topic the same as the Halo 3 topics a few years back?

-------------------------------
Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

- The Edgeworks Forum resident Brony

Disease Sep 15 2010, 10:38pm

Beat it on Legendary solo today. Can someone help me? To get the Carter Avatar helmet, you have to beat a campaign level on legendary without dieing. So I figured we could do co-op, and I could hang back for that mission while you guys kill'em all.

Edit:

MEH!

Death from Above!

I was able to hijack the turret and go on a killing spree before I jumped off.

My Livestream Channel

Spartan 501 Sep 16 2010, 1:08am

Achievements: 9

Nice pics. I got to get some of my own up, as soon as I beat it. Going for Heroic first play through, to get the story but still have a challenge. Alot harder than I thought. Hunters are friggin scary as hell.

Happiness is a deceptive state of mind

--Me, unknown age

Kickass fact of the day. During Operation Desert Storm, US tank commanders attached loudspeakers to their vehicles and blared heavy metal music to frighten the enemy.

Reaper195 Sep 16 2010, 1:25am

Achievements: 18

I have so many awesome pics, I can't wait for our damn internet to arrive so I can chuck them up. They are pure winage.

As for the campaign, did anyone else feel kinda ripped off by being an S-III? Granted, there wasn't much of a difference as far as I know, and it didn't really contradict the storyline of the game aside from the Pillar Of Autumn being on Reach, since in the first book, it was in space when the Covies arrived en masse. But I really wanted at least SOME S-II's who were in the books, but introduced in the game so the people that haven't read the books wouldn't be confused...

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Disease Sep 16 2010, 6:46am

lol. Posted those pics in wrong topic tongue.gif. *Fixed*

I didn't really like how Keyes looked. He should have had more grey hair like in the first Halo

My Livestream Channel

squattingb
Sep 16 2010, 12:56pm

Achievements: 24

still working through the campaign on legendary, really getting the hang of it though! biggrin.gif

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Disease Sep 16 2010, 4:03pm

haha. Wait till the last part of the last mission wink.gif

My Livestream Channel

Geo Ghost Sep 16 2010, 7:42pm

Legendary certainly is a tough nut.

I'm pacing myself with the campaign. Planning to only complete a max of 2 missions per day or something. I probably won't play campaign everyday but this way it is spread out and lasts a bit longer happy.gif

Completed the first two missions so far and wow. I am more than happy with the game at the moment. Definitely enjoying it biggrin.gif
Though I can't help feel like I'm half playing Modern Warfare 2 at times heh.

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

Spartan 501 Sep 17 2010, 1:58am

Just finished campaign on Heroic, and admit that I liked it, but thought Bungie kinda screwed the pooch on a couple of things (story wise, anyway). What was the point in having it start a month before the prior date for the Battle, and last an entire month? The entire game could have taken place over the course of 2-3 days, a week at max, and made perfect sense. It screwed with the existing story for no real reason, and could have fit just about perfectly (except for that PoA thing, but I'll excuse it because they let me play with a MAC gun). And the dates weren't always consistent, anyway; you do that night mission and recon the pylon, the game jumps forward two weeks inexplicably, and Dot acts like it was the night before.

--Me, unknown age

Kickass fact of the day. During Operation Desert Storm, US tank commanders attached loudspeakers to their vehicles and blared heavy metal music to frighten the enemy.

Disease Sep 17 2010, 6:49am

They probably decided they wanted to show that over that time, Noble six went from being an unwanted allie, to a good team mate/friend. They probably felt it wouldn't be right showing that happen ofer the course of 2-3 days

My Livestream Channel

floodrock Sep 18 2010, 8:08pm

Achievements: 12

Point.

But I really felt like they were trying for the MW2 cutscenes......and failing miserably. In the first level. In the one wiht the elites? I had no idea wat was going on until it was over.

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Geo Ghost Sep 18 2010, 9:28pm

I've been doing about 2 missions a day on legendary so i don't finish the Campaign too quickly.
But dam... Some missions really did stress me out. Especially when I kept dieing within 5 seconds of a checkpoint about 30 times... And this happened many times on a few levels blink.gif

Spoiler for after Mission 6 (Night Flight)
Flying around the city was pretty neat. though the Banshee's that kept coming drove me nuts. Take them all out, go to move to the objective and then more appear trying to blast me out of the sky. Time and time again! Though I must say, I was surprised and slightly happy when # got shot at the end. Partly because I was hacked off working with them in missions as they continuously drove me into rocks, parked me in front of enemies, didn't shoot targets very well on and off the vehicle and more often than not... left me to get slaughtered dry.gif

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

Geo Ghost Sep 18 2010, 9:32pm

<--quoteo(post=270960:date=Sep 19 2010, 01:08 AM:name=floodrock)-->
QUOTE (floodrock @ Sep 19 2010, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Point.

But I really felt like they were trying for the MW2 cutscenes......and failing miserably. In the first level. In the one wiht the elites? I had no idea wat was going on until it was over.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I personally disagree. I don't think they are copying or trying the 'MW2 cut-scenes' idea. Since all sorts of cut-scenes have been around in games for decades.
I think they are really good in Reach and certainly feel much more 'in' the game and feel like I am the character more than some off-screen voyeuristic observer. (Like Halo 3 cut-scenes)

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

Disease Sep 18 2010, 10:22pm

<--quoteo(post=270962:date=Sep 18 2010, 08:28 PM:name=Geo Ghost)-->
QUOTE (Geo Ghost @ Sep 18 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I've been doing about 2 missions a day on legendary so i don't finish the Campaign too quickly.
But dam... Some missions really did stress me out. Especially when I kept dieing within 5 seconds of a checkpoint about 30 times... And this happened many times on a few levels blink.gif

Spoiler for after Mission 6 (Night Flight)
Flying around the city was pretty neat. though the Banshee's that kept coming drove me nuts. Take them all out, go to move to the objective and then more appear trying to blast me out of the sky. Time and time again! Though I must say, I was surprised and slightly happy when # got shot at the end. Partly because I was hacked off working with them in missions as they continuously drove me into rocks, parked me in front of enemies, didn't shoot targets very well on and off the vehicle and more often than not... left me to get slaughtered dry.gif <--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Kat was my second fav character behind Jorge. Maybe you should try driving like your normally ment to do wink.gif. jorge's death was my favorite of all of them. It was so dramatic, and to be thrown into space and watch that big slipspace bubble eat up half the ship. Amazing. Kat's death is probably the second most memoriable. Just very abrupt and shocking.

My Livestream Channel

Spartan 501 Sep 20 2010, 1:27am

<--quoteo(post=270966:date=Sep 18 2010, 09:22 PM:name=Disease)-->
QUOTE (Disease @ Sep 18 2010, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec--> Kat was my second fav character behind Jorge. Maybe you should try driving like your normally ment to do wink.gif. jorge's death was my favorite of all of them. It was so dramatic, and to be thrown into space and watch that big slipspace bubble eat up half the ship. Amazing. Kat's death is probably the second most memoriable. Just very abrupt and shocking. <--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm very cliched, so Emile is my favorite character, but I have to say that I agree Kat's death was the best. Everyone else had deaths that were supposed to be badass (hit and miss there, partiularrilly with Carter) but Kat's just felt random, abrupt, and senseless. It's weird, but it was great. You keep expecting these epic death scenes, and then you lose someone just completely out of the blue without warning. It was refreshing.

On a sidenote, me and my friend just tried legendary with all skulls on except black eye and catch. Scary, scary stuff.

--Me, unknown age

squattingb
Sep 20 2010, 1:36am

finished legendary today, LOVED the game, I liked all the characters, don't know if I have a fav, this one is for the books! It just may be my favourite halo game biggrin.gif

Don't know how long you guys survived 'Lone Wolf' (I kinda sucked at it), but I read that there are bodies of 7 spartans on the ground, Bungie-wise: it's 7, very cool, story-wise: as noble six sees the bodies of his fellow spartans around him, he realizes that this will be his final resting place, very meaningful, I love it and I hate it because it's so sad.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Sep 20 2010, 2:12am

Achievements: 18

Kat annoyed me from the start by being Latino. Why is it chicks need to be latino to be hard ass....aside from Milla Jovovovich? And because of the distinct lack of real characterisation, her death, while random and abrupt, could have been done a thousand times better, and less of a 2D "CRY MOAR! BUNGIE DEMAND IT!". The only character in the entire game that I liked more than 'I want this story to die' was Jorge. Aside from being English, and carrying around a mini-gun all the time...and his death pissed me off so much, because he wasn't around for anything cooler. Not to mention he died in complete and utter vain.

Another rage at the story...why in fudge sake was the Autumn on ground? Real proof that the games contradict the books which Bungie call 'official story'. In the first book, the Autumn was already in space with the Chief and Cortana already aboard and off on their way for a mission when the Covies attacked Reach. And since the book went entirely from Chiefs perspective, not once did the Autumn ever touched down on Reach, and Cortana was long off Reach when the Covies attacked. And if I'm reading other peoples posts right.....A MONTH!? That game felt like it went over the course of a day and a half, like the book. Now for the real grind that makes me wish Bungie had never made Reach.

WHY THE FUDGE AM I PLAYING S-III'S? Jesus, I spent the last ten years waiting to play as Master Chief with some other Spartans, or at least as some other Spartan with other Spartans. Not a bunch of random's, who aren't even the same, treat an iconic character (Halsey) like a random civilian who has no idea what she's doing...ugh, Reach's story just raged me incredibly hard.

Still single player, firefight is fun and now pure awesome, what with the ability to turn off skulls. And make all aliens into Hunters, so you get attacked by an army of Hunters. That was awesome. Forge is also pretty cool, although there is no real point in forging any maps aside from the blank Forgeworld. But with the now fixed system, I can't wait to get online and see some wicked Halo art, and other unique maps.

I'm not sure on the credits, buy armour, rank, etc system. Seems like it's almost multiplayer only focused, but I got confused when I receive points for playing the campaign by myself on Normal, but nothing with on co-op on Heroic....wtf?

And after reading SB's post, I got nine and a half minutes on Lone Wolf on Normal. I went through so many weapons until I got swords. I also suggest picking up a drop shield as quick as possible. Incredibly helpful when low on shields and health, and only have a sword with no power. And just want to pound Elites in the face since outside, most of them run away while shooting at you like a dick on multiplayer. Still, it was an awesome idea yet never noticed the dead Spartans. The only problem I have with Lone Wolf section was the ending. Wtf....I hate camera views in cutscenes, and that Bungie utterly pussied out of showing Six die. I wanted to see him speared by at least four Elites at once, after ripping off so many jaws. Bungie just can't get decent character deaths right.....

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

squattingb
Sep 20 2010, 3:04am

for the record, Kat is not latino, neither is Mila.... are you mixing latino with eastern european?

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Geo Ghost Sep 20 2010, 6:51am

<--sizeo:4--><--/sizeo--><--sizeo:5--><--/sizeo-->Warning: Post may fuzzle your eyes! blink.gif <--sizec--><--/sizec-->

<--sizec-->
<--/sizec-->

<--quoteo(post=270991:date=Sep 20 2010, 06:36 AM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Sep 20 2010, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->finished legendary today, LOVED the game, I liked all the characters, don't know if I have a fav, this one is for the books! It just may be my favourite halo game biggrin.gif

Don't know how long you guys survived 'Lone Wolf' (I kinda sucked at it), but I read that there are bodies of 7 spartans on the ground, Bungie-wise: it's 7, very cool, story-wise: as noble six sees the bodies of his fellow spartans around him, he realizes that this will be his final resting place, very meaningful, I love it and I hate it because it's so sad.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
I completed it yesterday too tongue.gif
Though I will admit, the difficulty was more stressful than fun many times. Going to play it through on Normal now and just enjoy bits, look around the maps, torment some grunts etc happy.gif
However... (Legendary spoiler) Which was the legendary ending? I saw about 4 videos and wasn't sure which one was the legendary ending blink.gif
I did love the ending though. Protecting the Autumn, delivering Cortana (though would have been more awesome if she was speaking to you along the way tongue.gif ) and watching the Autumn lift off so it can discover Halo. Was just excellent! And the Autumn looked amazing up close. MAC gun was cool but legendary... God it was bloody annoying! Getting shot to hell every 2 seconds. Took such a long time.

SB - I ran for my life. When I saw an enemy, I ran the other way. Soon realised I was completely surrounded on the map and had no choice but to fight. Battle lasted about 6 seconds. Damn Grunts! laugh.gif That ending was amazing though. Transition between Fallen Reach and, what appears to be, Reach after the war is over. Top credit for that!

<--quoteo(post=271000:date=Sep 20 2010, 07:12 AM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Sep 20 2010, 07:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The only character in the entire game that I liked more than 'I want this story to die' was Jorge. Aside from being English, and carrying around a mini-gun all the time...and his death pissed me off so much, because he wasn't around for anything cooler. Not to mention he died in complete and utter vain. <--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
How do we know Jorge is dead? I thought he pretty much went into slipspace with that ship and became litterally MIA.

<--quotec-->Another rage at the story...why in fudge sake was the Autumn on ground? Real proof that the games contradict the books which Bungie call 'official story'. In the first book, the Autumn was already in space with the Chief and Cortana already aboard and off on their way for a mission when the Covies attacked Reach. And since the book went entirely from Chiefs perspective, not once did the Autumn ever touched down on Reach, and Cortana was long off Reach when the Covies attacked. And if I'm reading other peoples posts right.....A MONTH!? That game felt like it went over the course of a day and a half, like the book. Now for the real grind that makes me wish Bungie had never made Reach. <--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Bungie did say a while back that Reach wasn't going to follow the book. And personally I prefer it like this. Was a lot more impressive and the idea of getting Cortana to the Autumn then watching her lifting off to find Halo which is that start for Halo1 was... genius. My hat comes off to who ever had that idea. It was great happy.gif
Plus, if it followed the book exactly, word to word, then you would know what was going to happen and there wouldn't be much of a supprise.

<--quotec-->WHY THE FUDGE AM I PLAYING S-III'S? Jesus, I spent the last ten years waiting to play as Master Chief with some other Spartans, or at least as some other Spartan with other Spartans. Not a bunch of random's, who aren't even the same, treat an iconic character (Halsey) like a random civilian who has no idea what she's doing...ugh, Reach's story just raged me incredibly hard..<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Good lord boy. Didn't you enjoy anything from the game... laugh.gif Well Jorge is a Spartan-II as far as I'm aware so you are really playing with other Spartans.
Now stop moaning and go and enjoy the game for what it is haha wink.gif

Safir Group Website
Safir Youtube
Facebook profile

squattingb
Sep 20 2010, 9:51am

There is no legendary ending, that's the kicker here, the endings are all the same. There's something both satisfying and empty about that!

Jorge is a Spartan II (this isnt' really a spoiler), but what I wonder is that Emile is S-239, given his number shouldn't he be a spartan II since there were 250 spartan IIs in the program to begin with? All of the other Spartan IIIs have numbers greater than 250. That part confused me...

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
Nerrolken (31), xX Church Xx (25)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,771 posts across 6,592 threads
in the 12 years, 7 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,464 registered members.
The newest member is TheCorn.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List