You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Vox Populi   »   Incentivizing Reviews?
Nerrolken
Mar 10 2010, 3:41pm

Achievements: 24

I was wondering, do you guys have any ideas for incentivizing VP reviews? Right now it's pretty much just the fun of sharing your opinions, but what would motivate you to write more reviews? A Featured Writer category for the most prolific writers, a forum tag, some form of exclusive content?

Get creative, if you come up with some cool ideas we may implement them!

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

-------------------------------
Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

Aglor Mar 10 2010, 6:12pm

Achievements: 20

<--quoteo(post=266253:date=Mar 10 2010, 03:41 PM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Mar 10 2010, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->what would motivate you to write more reviews? A Featured Writer category for the most prolific writers, a forum tag, some form of exclusive content?<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, yes, and maybe.

I think there should be something involving a featured writer type of thing. As for forum tag, do you mean something sorta like the "Codex/Heretic Sponsor" tags that sponsors have? I think those would be kinda neat, after you submit so many reviews (5 or 10, maybe?). As far as exclusive content is concerned, I'm not really sure what it would be, and I don't really know what it could be.

Though I would like to be able to submit a review of something without having to get it approved first.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Trumpetman09
Mar 10 2010, 6:34pm

Achievements: 25

I am actually okay with the approval process.(This just means that Alex or someone else can check through my terrible spelling/grammar/link problems/...you get the picture...

I am not sure how you would determine a featured writer and what that would really do. Maybe a featured Ad instead? or both? It would depend on how you did that, like who would determine it, what is the criteria, etc? I would be all for it, but there would need to be more information on this.

Maybe like if you get "featured writer" for the month or something you can get a coupon for some amount off at the Edgeworks store? wink.gif

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Aglor Mar 10 2010, 6:53pm

Or even a free shirt that says "Vox Populi Featured Writer" or something like that. Actually... I really like that idea! I want a free shirt!

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Trumpetman09
Mar 10 2010, 7:08pm

I am not sure I would go as far as designing a t-shirt just for the featured writer...maybe a free t-shirt for Vox or even any (1) free edgeworks shirt?

-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this

Aglor Mar 10 2010, 7:18pm

No way, man, you're thinking too small scale! I would rather have a new car or a jet that says "Vox Populi Featured Writer" on the side, but I'm willing to settle for a shirt.

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

-Albert Einstein

-Marcus Brigstocke

-Author Unknown

Reaper195 Mar 11 2010, 7:33am

Achievements: 18

I don't really mind what happens. I've been kind of dead in the water for the last few months when it comes to writing. Although I have got a large log of things to review still...and they keep piling up.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Icarus Mar 28 2010, 4:09am

Achievements: 12

Incentivizing (is that a word?) reviews might work, but then again, might that just result in a flood of garbage reviews? As in- people writing reviews without much thought or effort just to 'get' something out of it. I dunno. Call me a pessimist.

Anyway, I think that if anything, a 'featured reviewer' setup might be interesting, but I'm not sure how you'd do it... Everyone couldn't obviously be featured, and if they were, it'd ruin the entire purpose. What kind of criteria would you use to judge who gets featured and who doesn't?

Make yourself.

Trumpetman09
Mar 29 2010, 9:34pm

<--quoteo(post=266679:date=Mar 28 2010, 03:09 AM:name=Icarus)-->
QUOTE (Icarus @ Mar 28 2010, 03:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Incentivizing (is that a word?)<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep! laugh.gif

-The Norm Meme

Trent McCrow Apr 8 2011, 12:36am

Achievements: 10

I know for I have not been on in a long time but I think that each person will have a different reason for writing reviews. Having an incentive can be both positive and negative and I'm sure that whatever is decided upon those who truly want to keep sharing their opinions (good or bad) will continue to do so.

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
auberyscaes (31), Quint (26), The Rencer (29)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,778 posts across 6,597 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 25 days since our first post.
We have 3,518 registered members.
The newest member is Sandstorm94 .
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List