You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Radical   »   The "Ideas for RADICAL" Thread
Spazbro Feb 13 2010, 11:06pm

Achievements: 9

With the new series having just been announced, I'd like to post this topic with the intent of helping the guys about by handing in suggestions, ideas, just little helpful things to help the guys and gals at Edgeworks with their uber-brainstorms. Feel free to give opinions for each other's ideas! Oh and NO FLAMMING!

-------------------------------
"There is no such thing as a real truth. Just lies, the people who say them and the guns they fire."

Damn you bastards and you're Eastern Hemisphere!

666 posts! Date: Friday 11th of June. Time: 10:08 PM.

Aglor Feb 14 2010, 11:34am

Achievements: 20

<--quoteo(post=265348:date=Feb 13 2010, 11:06 PM:name=Spazbro)-->
QUOTE (Spazbro @ Feb 13 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Oh and NO FLAMMING!<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
That's a stupid idea!

In all seriousness, ideas? I don't know, if Nerrolken wants to shoot a scene here in Indiana at a radio station, I can help get that sorted out... Other than that, I've got nothin'.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Trumpetman09
Feb 14 2010, 12:54pm

Achievements: 25

I have a few ideas, but they all involve me robbing them blind after the shooting of the series......

...actually no, I have an idea. Do a shooting where I live. haha!

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Reaper195 Feb 14 2010, 11:19pm

Achievements: 18

I can suggest some wicked shooting locations in NZ.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

grunty_thirst Feb 14 2010, 11:44pm

Achievements: 15

<--quoteo(post=265402:date=Feb 15 2010, 03:19 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Feb 15 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I can suggest some wicked shooting locations in NZ.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
I'm thinking a international man-hunt could be on the cards for a plot sequence. *nods*

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

tb2571989
Feb 15 2010, 3:11am

Achievements: 17

I reckon they pretty much have all they need...apart from money. I'll sponser on my 5th anniversairy.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Trent McCrow Feb 15 2010, 10:23pm

Achievements: 10

Well I do have one thing to say and it is something I learned from District 9 and Niell Blokamp. In order for your work to succeed it needs to be different, I guess that goes without saying. I'm sure you have something in store but what that is exactly we don't know yet. Anyway, District 9 was a Sci Fi film, and yes there are a lot of Sci Fi films out there...so in order for District 9 to be different it had to bring something new to the Sci Fi experience. The difference is Aliens. For years we have seen movies about aliens against humanity and all other what not...but in District nine the "alien" part of the film was not the aliens, it was in fact the setting of South Africa. The idea that first contact with another advanced species would occur with South Africa and not the USA was completely alien and un-thought of until District 9 brought a new idea to our minds.

I'm not saying the crew should do something similar to what District 9 did with its "difference" from the rest of film making, but Radical should strive to bring something new and different (even if it is a different perspective on how something is done).

Think of a few ways you can be different:
Color
Lighting
camera motion
film techniques
story telling devices

I'm sure you can think of more. I think for Radical to succeed and not just be another action series it needs to bring something new to how we see action films. Good luck!

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List