You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Radical   »   Thoughts, ideas, comments?
Reaper195 Feb 13 2010, 4:15am

Achievements: 18

<--quoteo(post=265274:date=Feb 12 2010, 06:17 PM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Feb 12 2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->you mean Trent? SMJ hasn't even posted here.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

<<

Shhh....

Also, that video looked quite cool. I haven't been to HBO for ages.

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

SMJ Feb 13 2010, 7:28pm

Achievements: 11

I'm interested to see the storyline for Radical; with the protagonist being referred to as an "insurgent". The trailer didn't hint as to whether this is an alternate reality where the government is the bad guy (Like "Jeremiah"), if the Caiden is an antihero, or if it has political undertones. However, I'm reserving judgement on it until it actually gets released.

Sex is like a velociraptor : despite your movie-fueled lifelong neurotic obsession, unlikely to be found in your house.

Spazbro Feb 13 2010, 10:55pm

Achievements: 9

This will kick ass, no doubt about it. The only thing I suggest is spend time on adding stuff like bullet impacts (small plumes of dirt or dust, for example) during production/post-production. Gives a real feeling that Caden is under fire when we as the audience can't physically see the enemy.

"There is no such thing as a real truth. Just lies, the people who say them and the guns they fire."

Damn you bastards and you're Eastern Hemisphere!

666 posts! Date: Friday 11th of June. Time: 10:08 PM.

grunty_thirst Feb 15 2010, 3:25am

Achievements: 15

The one thing I don't want to see in this series...and am really hoping the crew can avoid, are any cliched scenarios.

Granted, some are inevitable and can be put in a rather subtle manner but for me, it can really just kill the whole mood and setup of a plot to have the ol' scene that goes along the lines of: 'the bomb will go off in x seconds unless you cut the red wire, but oh shi-! theres like 5 red wires! I REALLY hope this ones the right one! Yes, you better say goodbye and what an honour it was to know me, in case we all die. But oh look, it was the right wire! Yay!'

I shall be watching intently for those types of scenes, so expect criticism if they're not implemented well. tongue.gif

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Reaper195 Feb 15 2010, 3:59am

<--quoteo(post=265411:date=Feb 15 2010, 03:25 AM:name=grunty_thirst)-->
QUOTE (grunty_thirst @ Feb 15 2010, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->'the bomb will go off in x seconds unless you cut the red wire, but oh shi-! theres like 5 red wires! I REALLY hope this ones the right one!'<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Honestly, aside from an episode of Stargate, I've never seen that anywhere else. Always cutting random coloured wires and stopping a few seconds off. I think it would be awesome to have them all go "OH WTF!?" at same coloured wires, cut all but one, and the timer stops with three minutes left. And then the timer starts up again.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Spazbro Feb 15 2010, 4:27am

Achievements: 9

The bad guys should have lasers. Or laser bullets.

Basically, superior tech compared to the stuff Caden's group has.

"There is no such thing as a real truth. Just lies, the people who say them and the guns they fire."

Damn you bastards and you're Eastern Hemisphere!

666 posts! Date: Friday 11th of June. Time: 10:08 PM.

Mad_Munky
Feb 15 2010, 8:03pm

Achievements: 0

<--quoteo(post=265415:date=Feb 15 2010, 03:27 AM:name=Spazbro)-->
QUOTE (Spazbro @ Feb 15 2010, 03:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The bad guys should have lasers. Or laser bullets.

Basically, superior tech compared to the stuff Caden's group has.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
The problem with this idea is that freedom fighters usually arm themselves by taking weapons away from whoever they are fighting. So odds are good that Caden will be using the same weapons as the gov't(Which is both convenient for the production crew and accurate to real life).

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

Trent McCrow Feb 15 2010, 10:07pm

Achievements: 10

<--quoteo(post=265191:date=Feb 12 2010, 04:07 AM:name=Aglor)-->
QUOTE (Aglor @ Feb 12 2010, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on a few of your points.

With the first shot, it begins to zoom in once the alarm in off, the hand is out of frame, and Gabby is beginning to get out of the bed. I think the switch to a zoom works better than a constant zoom or constant static shot would have. I do agree, though, that it seems a bit jerky as the zoom is going on.

I don't really see what you mean about the lighting at the door, at all. The lighting looks fine to me, though I am a bit confused about the screen. I would like to know what's up with the funny pattern. Is it just a design in the door or is it bad lighting?

I agree on your points about the pacing.

Are you saying that the music levels being low is a bad thing? If the levels were much higher, then it would suffer from what so many Youtube videos suffer from: not being able to hear the important stuff. You don't want the music to drown everything else out.

I would guess that, on the color grading, the washed out look was intentional. I would have probably wanted a similar look if I were in Mr. Winn's shoes.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
In regards to the lighting at the door, when the screen door opens the camera is flooded with all the natural light from outside. This is usually a bad thing in filmmaking as you lose control of one of the elements normally at your control. One way the crew could have over come this is a gap shot showing the other side of the door and then going back to a shot of the door closing (but this time with more control over the lighting, as it would be a separate shot). Obviously there could be the intention for the outside light to obscure the figure leaving the building (as has been used many times before in film making), but in this case there seems to be no motive to do so and hence why I speculate that it was a mistake and poor lighting.

In regards to music bed for the trailer I am going to retract what I said before. I have now listened to the trailer with better speakers and it seems the speakers I was using before are not good at picking up the lower spectrum. The music bed has been leveled quite nicely for this trailer. smile.gif

<--quoteo(post=265196:date=Feb 12 2010, 06:26 AM:name=Gaia)-->
QUOTE (Gaia @ Feb 12 2010, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I completely disagree with this. I loved that and thought it was beautiful.

As a matter of forum etiquette, let's please remember that "I" statements, like, "I think the opening shot would have worked better...", will always be more respected than opinions stated as facts like, "...mixed lighting in this scene it looks horrible...".

You obviously want to make the point that you are also into filmmaking and we got that. Your input and opinions will carry more interest, however, if they are objectively presented as opinions. smile.gif<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
I thought that simply being on the internet in a forum would suffice to indicate that what I said was opinion. I didn't realise that there was a proper internet protocol to use "I statements" when stating opinion in forum posts? Since when did the internet become civilised?

<--quoteo(post=265252:date=Feb 13 2010, 06:56 AM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Feb 13 2010, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I see a fight brewing between Trent and Gaia! Taking all bets!<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
No fight brewing, just a misunderstanding.

Reaper195 Feb 15 2010, 10:36pm

<--quoteo(post=265437:date=Feb 15 2010, 10:07 PM:name=Trent McCrow)-->
QUOTE (Trent McCrow @ Feb 15 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->In regards to the lighting at the door, when the screen door opens the camera is flooded with all the natural light from outside. This is usually a bad thing in filmmaking as you lose control of one of the elements normally at your control. One way the crew could have over come this is a gap shot showing the other side of the door and then going back to a shot of the door closing (but this time with more control over the lighting, as it would be a separate shot). Obviously there could be the intention for the outside light to obscure the figure leaving the building (as has been used many times before in film making), but in this case there seems to be no motive to do so and hence why I speculate that it was a mistake and poor lighting.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

An interesting idea would to have the same thing happen, with the natural light flooding the lense, and then fade everything out to white, so it looks like the light is taking over the screen...and then, "Radical"

<--quoteo(post=265437:date=Feb 15 2010, 10:07 PM:name=Trent McCrow)-->
QUOTE (Trent McCrow @ Feb 15 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->No fight brewing, just a misunderstanding.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

...oh...*puts betting book and popcorn away*

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Trent McCrow Feb 16 2010, 10:25pm

Achievements: 10

<--quoteo(post=265442:date=Feb 16 2010, 02:36 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Feb 16 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->An interesting idea would to have the same thing happen, with the natural light flooding the lense, and then fade everything out to white, so it looks like the light is taking over the screen...and then, "Radical"<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I think now you can start to see my point. At the moment it does not look like a deliberate action and hence, in my opinion, looks tardy. There are a few things that a filmmaker should keep in mind regarding there viewer and that is their reaction to sudden changes in; movement, light, and sound. I think what we have seen here with the door scene is an unintended change in light condition. I just think there are ways to get around these things and it is up to the crew to implement them.

Sarge McCla Feb 21 2010, 3:05pm

I am truly excited to see Edgeworks back in action, but the teaser didn't exactly show me much (well, duh. Its a teaser. Still....).

P.S: I own that same alarm lock smile.gif

floodrock Apr 29 2010, 3:35pm

Achievements: 12

<--quoteo(post=265413:date=Feb 15 2010, 12:59 AM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Feb 15 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Honestly, aside from an episode of Stargate, I've never seen that anywhere else.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Abyss?

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Reaper195 Apr 30 2010, 4:30pm

*Glares threateningly at Flood*

That movie never existed.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Apr 30 2010, 4:54pm

Achievements: 12

Really?

Then wat do I have sitting in its case?

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

Reaper195 Apr 30 2010, 11:53pm

Something entirely different, or you made a movie called Abyss only a few moments ago and draw a really crude drawing on the casing.

In an entirely different cup of coffee, that was one of the worst alien movies I've probably ever seen. James Cameron needs to die...

As for on topicness...any new news on Radical?

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

deathman1000 Jun 23 2010, 10:38pm

Wow I came back to the site to redownload the codex and the heretic, and instead I was treated to this enormous piece of awesome cake. This looks like the coolest thing since the codex. And If you want to shoot in ireland feel free

tb2571989
Jun 24 2010, 3:51pm

Achievements: 17

Any update on this guys? It's been just over 4 months from the annoucement and we've heard nothing more.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Reaper195 Jun 24 2010, 7:44pm

I was gonna make a similar joke...like adding updates and such for ideas and thoughts.

But it is a live action series, so it's a lot harder/longer than something made through Halo. Although I think each update will be pretty significant, irrelevant of a few months in-between.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

deathman1000 Jun 24 2010, 8:37pm

Yeah probably, I mean especially if they go shooting on location it takes time.

Sarge McCla Jun 28 2010, 1:41pm

Still would be nice to get some news wink.gif

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
WaitingForASuperman (26)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List