You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Other Projects   »   Radical   »   Thoughts, ideas, comments?
tb2571989
Feb 10 2010, 3:02am

Achievements: 17

So, what your your thoughts on the teaser? any ideas about the plot?

So far we only know one thing: it's going to be pretty awesome.

-------------------------------
It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good.

Rescudo Feb 10 2010, 8:24am

Achievements: 15

It won't let me download sad.gif Shame, I'm sure it's going to be awesome as well.

*lurk*

squattingb
Feb 10 2010, 10:57am

Achievements: 24

i'm really excited for HD goodness smile.gif

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Gaia
Feb 10 2010, 12:31pm

Loved the camera work and that location.... wow, they sure aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto!!

I'm excited! Looks like it is going to be an interesting story.

"...the ruins of San Diego...." sad.gif

*wonders if SMJ and Harpar have seen this yet....*

Thanks to Of Doom, SB, Vagna, Chickenyoda2, Thrall, and Sparx for my beautiful sig pics.
And thanks to SB, Keyes, Caboose, Geo, and Muffin for my awesome birthday pics!

Thank you for the pips TB!!

"I'm not bad.....I'm just drawn that way." ~ Jessica Rabbit
"That in which you have confidence will come to you, be it good or bad. Believe it and it is yours." Campbell
"Whatever you believe you can do, begin it, for boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Goethe
"Whether your sunglasses are off or on, you only see the world you make." Raitt
"Gaia is the Goddess of the Forums" - RvB_Private_Caboose
"Texas: We have Gaia. t3h win" - Naveegunner
"OMG, U R So 1337!!!!!111oneoneone" - SMJ
See ya...sweetie.

Thank you soooooooo much TB2571989.

Makkyo Feb 10 2010, 12:40pm

Achievements: 3

*pokes out head from under rock*
Something new by Edgeworks?! I approve.
The part I liked the most: Caden actually uses the sights on his gun and doesn't shoot from the hip.

"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes."
~ John Locke

Aglor Feb 10 2010, 1:35pm

Achievements: 20

I'll wait until we actually see something before I judge.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

RvB_Private_Caboose Feb 10 2010, 4:14pm

Achievements: 11

Ooh!!! I'm glad I checked back in!!
Downloading the teaser now

Also, ZOMG! Rescudo is back! And Gaia!

"challenge yourself and to hell with the system" -Gaia

Status:Life is hard, but I'm attempting to ignore it via baking. It's a good stress relief. Also, who I am has changed dramatically over the years. Just a heads up. 6/4/2011

squattingb
Feb 10 2010, 5:47pm

hey caboose!!! I'm so happy to see some old faces smile.gif

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Trumpetman09
Feb 10 2010, 6:03pm

Achievements: 25

All these old faces bring back old memories...well...they would if it wasn't for the fact that I am a bit more recent than most... haha!

I wish we could know a bit more about the characters involved...like what kind of a terrorist/hero is Caden and what's the significance of Gabby?

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

Mad_Munky
Feb 10 2010, 7:04pm

Achievements: 0

My current bet is one of a few main possibilities. 1) Caden is the woman in the Teaser who is playing the game of outlaw while also playing the public image angle. 2) The woman is looking to get a story out of Caden. 3) Caden has nothing to do with the main story of the show. I find it highly unlikely that the Guy in the teaser is actually Caden. Probably just a minion, an important minion but still a minion.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

Aglor Feb 10 2010, 7:05pm

You'll know when the episodes come out.

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

squattingb
Feb 10 2010, 9:12pm

well in the production stills though, the captions seem to say that that is caden...

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

JadedTarget Feb 11 2010, 12:32am

Achievements: 14

Unimpressed.

(gets slapped to death)

Honestly, though. I wasn't expecting you people to be running around in body armor and firing weapons towards the camera. That was an epic teaser. That guy should be a little more buff and rugged, though. =P

I am totally looking forward to this despite only knowing "It involves terror. And a well groomed young man." Great combination, right? Lol.

Very nice, Edgeworks. You did an amazing job with the teaser. Good news narration. Good action hero. Good weapon firing. Good camera angles. Good random press woman. This movie has it all.

"Self-proclaimed genius."
Bungie.net Fileshare

Emblem avatar created by Of Doom.
Edgeworks signature created by JoeIce.
This post has been edited by Trance.

-This Post Copyright 2006 by Chas TeBockhorst-

Trent McCrow Feb 11 2010, 5:15am

Achievements: 10

I just randomly once again stumbled back to edgeworks home page and what a great find!

So my thoughts on the teaser are bit mixed on this teaser.

I'll have to watch it a few more times to form a deeper opinion. But after my first viewing I question color grading? Has any been done at all. I guess for me the colors look wrong and make it look budget to me. Or maybe it is the simple shot selection and transition.

I dont know but I will get back to it after a few replays.

Trent McCrow Feb 11 2010, 5:29am

Achievements: 10

So I was going to wait to watch it again but I went ahead and did it anyway.

The first shot really sets the tone for me. I dont know why you did it but now it really stands out and urks me. You start with a static shot of the alarm clock but before you cut to another shot the shot finishes with a slow zoom on the clock. The zoom is a little jerky at the start. I think the opening shot would have worked better as a constant zoom for the duration of the shot. By changing the shot from still static to moving dynamic shot part way through it is awkward on the eyes.

Another point is the going out the door sequence. With mixed lighting in this scene it looks horrible and will be a pain to grade if the shot is used later on in the series. There is also something about the way the light reacts with the screen door that just seems odd.

The pacing of the teaser seems ok, with the juxtaposition of the two sides of the trailer done quite well.

Audio: The levels for the music bed are low/non-existant. I didn't really notice any use of music in the trailer but the SFX and folley sound really good. Did you use a boom or studio recording?

And about the color grading I mentioned before. Mainly with the outdoor shots there seems to be little contrast and the color looks too washed out.

I think that is all I have got at the moment.

Oh and on another note, in the media shots from the filming it looks like the Cannon you are using to shoot with was getting wet! I can't believe you treat a camera like that! I would never let the Sony EX-1 I use be exposed to water/rain!

Aglor Feb 11 2010, 12:07pm

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you on a few of your points.

With the first shot, it begins to zoom in once the alarm in off, the hand is out of frame, and Gabby is beginning to get out of the bed. I think the switch to a zoom works better than a constant zoom or constant static shot would have. I do agree, though, that it seems a bit jerky as the zoom is going on.

I don't really see what you mean about the lighting at the door, at all. The lighting looks fine to me, though I am a bit confused about the screen. I would like to know what's up with the funny pattern. Is it just a design in the door or is it bad lighting?

I agree on your points about the pacing.

Are you saying that the music levels being low is a bad thing? If the levels were much higher, then it would suffer from what so many Youtube videos suffer from: not being able to hear the important stuff. You don't want the music to drown everything else out.

I would guess that, on the color grading, the washed out look was intentional. I would have probably wanted a similar look if I were in Mr. Winn's shoes.

-floodrock

-General William Sherman

-Albert Einstein

-Marcus Brigstocke

-Author Unknown

Gaia
Feb 11 2010, 2:26pm

<--quoteo(post=265159:date=Feb 11 2010, 04:29 AM:name=Trent McCrow)-->
QUOTE (Trent McCrow @ Feb 11 2010, 04:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->So I was going to wait to watch it again but I went ahead and did it anyway.

The first shot really sets the tone for me. I dont know why you did it but now it really stands out and urks me. You start with a static shot of the alarm clock but before you cut to another shot the shot finishes with a slow zoom on the clock. The zoom is a little jerky at the start. I think the opening shot would have worked better as a constant zoom for the duration of the shot. By changing the shot from still static to moving dynamic shot part way through it is awkward on the eyes.

<--coloro:#0000FF--><--/coloro-->Another point is the going out the door sequence. With mixed lighting in this scene it looks horrible and will be a pain to grade if the shot is used later on in the series. There is also something about the way the light reacts with the screen door that just seems odd.<--colorc--><--/colorc-->

The pacing of the teaser seems ok, with the juxtaposition of the two sides of the trailer done quite well.

Audio: The levels for the music bed are low/non-existant. I didn't really notice any use of music in the trailer but the SFX and folley sound really good. Did you use a boom or studio recording?

And about the color grading I mentioned before. Mainly with the outdoor shots there seems to be little contrast and the color looks too washed out.

I think that is all I have got at the moment.

Oh and on another note, in the media shots from the filming it looks like the Cannon you are using to shoot with was getting wet! I can't believe you treat a camera like that! I would never let the Sony EX-1 I use be exposed to water/rain!<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I completely disagree with this. I loved that and thought it was beautiful.

As a matter of forum etiquette, let's please remember that "I" statements, like, "I think the opening shot would have worked better...", will always be more respected than opinions stated as facts like, "...mixed lighting in this scene it looks horrible...".

You obviously want to make the point that you are also into filmmaking and we got that. Your input and opinions will carry more interest, however, if they are objectively presented as opinions. smile.gif

Thanks to Of Doom, SB, Vagna, Chickenyoda2, Thrall, and Sparx for my beautiful sig pics.
And thanks to SB, Keyes, Caboose, Geo, and Muffin for my awesome birthday pics!

Thank you for the pips TB!!

"I'm not bad.....I'm just drawn that way." ~ Jessica Rabbit
"That in which you have confidence will come to you, be it good or bad. Believe it and it is yours." Campbell
"Whatever you believe you can do, begin it, for boldness has genius and power and magic in it." - Goethe
"Whether your sunglasses are off or on, you only see the world you make." Raitt
"Gaia is the Goddess of the Forums" - RvB_Private_Caboose
"Texas: We have Gaia. t3h win" - Naveegunner
"OMG, U R So 1337!!!!!111oneoneone" - SMJ
See ya...sweetie.

Thank you soooooooo much TB2571989.

Reaper195 Feb 12 2010, 2:56pm

Achievements: 18

I see a fight brewing between Trent and Gaia! Taking all bets!

I thought it was quite awesome. Just out of curiosity, is this taking place in our own universe, or some alternate reality thinger where the government rules.....everything? ....o.0

<--quoteo(post=265125:date=Feb 10 2010, 12:40 PM:name=Makkyo)-->
QUOTE (Makkyo @ Feb 10 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The part I liked the most: Caden actually uses the sights on his gun and doesn't shoot from the hip.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Seconded. That was indeed surprising. Needs to happen more often. Radical could change how action movies are made.

<--quoteo(post=265131:date=Feb 10 2010, 04:14 PM:name=RvB_Private_Caboose)-->
QUOTE (RvB_Private_Caboose @ Feb 10 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Also, ZOMG! Rescudo is back! And Gaia!<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Yay! Finally! After all our waiting and wanting, it takes something new to bring them back!

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

squattingb
Feb 12 2010, 6:17pm

you mean Trent? SMJ hasn't even posted here.

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

squattingb
Feb 13 2010, 1:52am

just as a side note: http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=28883, I see Major Dump is actually working for Laird now...

R A W R
~ BEvERages

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List