You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Videos   »   Music
GeorgeK_16 Sep 25 2009, 6:02am

Achievements: 0

Being a great fan of The Codex , I have come to appreciate the grandeur and subtleties of the music used in the series. I was wandering if any of the music used in the series (or the trailer) was produced by a separate artist, and not created by Edgeworks. Although I know that some, very impressive, music was written for the series; my assumption would be that at least some were taken from exterior sources.

I would appreciate a response from anyone, especially if they were involved in making The Codex.

-------------------------------
"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering the dirt thinking what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire. No, your world will burn until its surface it but glass! And not even your Demon will rise, blackened from its hole, to mare reflection of our passage; the culmination of our journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!" - Prophet of Truth, Halo 3

Nerrolken
Sep 25 2009, 6:06am

Achievements: 24

<--quoteo(post=259739:date=Sep 25 2009, 04:02 AM:name=GeorgeK_16)-->
QUOTE (GeorgeK_16 @ Sep 25 2009, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Being a great fan of The Codex , I have come to appreciate the grandeur and subtleties of the music used in the series. I was wandering if any of the music used in the series (or the trailer) was produced by a separate artist, and not created by Edgeworks. Although I know that some, very impressive, music was written for the series; my assumption would be that at least some were taken from exterior sources.

I would appreciate a response from anyone, especially if they were involved in making The Codex. <--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
The first few episodes, (1 and 2 I think), used music from Halo. Aside from that and the trailers, which used professional trailer music, I composed every note in The Codex and The Heretic myself. wink.gif

Thanks for the compliments!

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

GeorgeK_16 Sep 25 2009, 6:30am

Achievements: 0

Thanks for the quick response. It's very impressive that you composed so much great music, and it is a testament to the diligence that was put into such a successful project.

I believed that if I was ever able to create a machinima, or at least find people to turn my concepts into reality, I would like to use a similar piece of music to the type used in your trailer. The monologue at the beginning of the trailer was excellent, although I thought the Master Chief saying "for Earth" was slightly out of context. Still, the editing worked perfectly with the music.

Thanks.

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering the dirt thinking what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire. No, your world will burn until its surface it but glass! And not even your Demon will rise, blackened from its hole, to mare reflection of our passage; the culmination of our journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!" - Prophet of Truth, Halo 3

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
ErewothesEe (50), MassacrMan (29)
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List