You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo Legends
squattingb
Jan 2 2010, 2:16pm

Achievements: 24

halo legends origins part 1 is up. any thoughts? I thought it was pretty decent, no new material if you've followed the Terminals from Halo 3, but pretty nicely packaged and a real look at what Forerunners look like (I assume it's canon).

-------------------------------
R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Aglor Jan 2 2010, 2:49pm

Achievements: 20

Watched it, enjoyed it. I like how it isn't all artsy like the others, feels more like Halo.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Reaper195 Jan 2 2010, 5:00pm

Achievements: 18

Parts 1 and 2 loading now. Watching The Package P2 at the moment. I know the entire point in the books with Cortana was that she was created from a part of Halsey's brain, but did anyone find the encounter with her incredibly annoying, not to mention she looked like a late teen that was being picked up by her boyfriend from a party she didn't want to be at.....

As for you, Aglor, I don't have a problem when they make something look different, going for that artsy look, but my problem with the last ones was that that was the only thing they were trying to do, and they simply had some spare Halo animations lying around....

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

The Muffin King Jan 2 2010, 5:13pm

Achievements: 12

The second piece (the one by IG) was an abomination and doesn't exist. I enjoyed The Package for the sheer bad-assery that the fight scenes were. I don't exactly see how the Gauss Cannons could do that much damage seeing as how it takes two shots on Easy to take out a Ghost. And I find it hard to believe that the Covenant wouldn't notice the UNSC ship considering, from what I understand, the active camouflage produces ridiculous amounts of thermal heat. And I mean, you're in space. All you have to do to be undetected is be cold and black, right?

Haven't seen the one about Forerunners though. The preview made it look kinda...I don't know. Looked like it was made in flash. But that could've been due to my shitty internet and TV. I'll check it out later today.

Edit: I take it back, that was pretty cool. The Forerunners looked pretty cool. Especially those energy sword/blaster things. That was pretty nuts.

Signatures are for chumps

Aglor Jan 2 2010, 5:35pm

Achievements: 20

<--quoteo(post=264185:date=Jan 2 2010, 05:00 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 2 2010, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->As for you, Aglor, I don't have a problem when they make something look different, going for that artsy look, but my problem with the last ones was that that was the only thing they were trying to do, and they simply had some spare Halo animations lying around....<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
It's not that I have a problem with that sorta look, it's just that this felt more like Halo, which is what it is supposed to be. It would have been interesting for it to have an artsy sorta look to it, but I think it would have taken away from the whole experience of the short.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

Disease Jan 22 2010, 5:02pm

Achievements: 15

Did anyone else catch the release date for Halo Legends?

February 9, 2010 tongue.gif

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Jan 22 2010, 7:45pm

I thought that had been announced ages ago? Anyway, plan on DLing it. Ass to giving Microsoft/Bungie any more money.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Disease Jan 22 2010, 7:58pm

Achievements: 15

XD. I musta forgot about it. And I don't get into Anime cartoons, so I'm not even going to watch any (except for "Prototype". That one sounds interesting).

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Jan 23 2010, 4:11am

What about...Origins I think? The CGI one. That was pretty wicked, even if the voice acting was average, and the story was shot to shit.

As for anime, a lot of people don't watch it because all they see is the shit stuff, of which there is an abundance of. DL some of the Hellsing Ultimate episode/movies (II is my favourite). The only difference between decent anime and live-action movies is that it's animated because the developers couldn't make it live-action. Hence why the Dragonball movie was pretty average.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Sarge McCla Feb 21 2010, 3:43pm

Achievements: 11

<--quoteo(post=264185:date=Jan 2 2010, 02:00 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 2 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Parts 1 and 2 loading now. Watching The Package P2 at the moment. I know the entire point in the books with Cortana was that she was created from a part of Halsey's brain, but did anyone find the encounter with her incredibly annoying, not to mention she looked like a late teen that was being picked up by her boyfriend from a party she didn't want to be at.....<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes, that bothered me to no end. Isn't Hasley a little older by this time in the story.

Overall, Legends was the best when it focused less on story and more on action. The Babysitter was good, so was the Package and Prototype, but only because it didn't attempt to describe or fill in the blanks of Halo backstory.

The Duel, was by far my least favorite. The art style + Samurai Elite....*barf*

Apart from the fact that it was hardly the way I imagined the Origin of the Halos, Origins was...schizophrenic. For ten long years now we've been shooting hordes of Covenant to suddenly be told by Cortana that "War is bad". Except no it isn't when its against the Flood! In the end Cortana asks herself if there will be a time without warriors. Hello, purple lady. If there weren't any, you wouldn't have existed. This is the same Cortana that has been instrumental in assisting the Master Chief kill many Covenant. It was completely out of her character.

The comedy one...well...It wasn't funny...

Legends could have been great, it ended up being just average.

Reaper195 Feb 21 2010, 6:32pm

<--quoteo(post=265661:date=Feb 21 2010, 03:43 PM:name=Sarge McCla)-->
QUOTE (Sarge McCla @ Feb 21 2010, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Yes, that bothered me to no end. Isn't Hasley a little older by this time in the story.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, like mid forty-ish.

Stil trying to find a DVDrip online. Refuse to pay for it.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

squattingb
Feb 21 2010, 9:01pm

Achievements: 24

by that you mean you're fully willing to pay for it right? Remember that we don't condone such actions on this forum.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Feb 21 2010, 10:59pm

Of course I did. Still trying to find completely and utterly legitimate way of obtaining this DVD through no other means thn to actually pay for the physical case with disc enclosed.....

*Stifles laughter*

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

GeorgeK_16 Feb 22 2010, 1:57am

Achievements: 0

I don't think I will buy it. Although I enjoyed most of the series, I do not believe it warrants the item and shipping costs.

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering the dirt thinking what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire. No, your world will burn until its surface it but glass! And not even your Demon will rise, blackened from its hole, to mare reflection of our passage; the culmination of our journey. For your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!" - Prophet of Truth, Halo 3

Sarge McCla Feb 22 2010, 2:06am

Achievements: 11

You won't miss a thing.

Reaper195 Feb 22 2010, 7:09pm

I dunno, some of them are kinda cool. Like the CGI one. Story was shite, voice acting was barely acceptable, but the action was where it was at, even if it didn't go along with anything within the Halo universe at all. It was still damn awesome to finally see Spartans actually shoot stuff, like that single scene in Halo Wars. WHY THE CHRIST DIDN'T H3 DO THAT!?

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

JoeIce Feb 23 2010, 12:27pm

So went out and picked up the dvd today. Thats right Im a Halo fanboy!! Got the Posters, T-shirts, Figurines and Soundtracks to prove it too!! tongue.gif

Yes, thats right... I'm that British-Video-Code-Monkey that has more time then sence...

Sneaky
Feb 23 2010, 12:30pm

Achievements: 17

Mine was supposed to be delivered in the mail Friday, it it isn't here tomorrow WB shop is getting one pissed off phone call.

QUOTE (Nerrolken @ Feb 25 2007, 12:05 AM )
You definitely get the "I tried hardest to sponsor" award!
I have lost friends, some by death... others through sheer inability to cross the street.
  - Virginia Woolf

JoeIce Feb 23 2010, 6:31pm

Okay, sat down and watched the dvd and gotta say overall, Im impressed. I love alsorts of anime and love watching ANYTHING so Im pretty baises. As for story, overall I consider all the episodes out of cannon/lore. I know most of them are meant to be cannon but they just don't fit in correctly, too many glaring issues to ignore.

Prototype - Loved it thou the fact a "Normal" human is wearing modified MJOLNIR armour was a little jarring
The Package - Amazing when ignoring all the errors (we will not start that)
The Duel - Like the art style and I liked the idea of Elites being almost samurai was great
Homecoming - Good overall
Origins - Good overall but the ending message is mixed (war is bad but without war we can not have hereos?! Also smelled allot like an episode in Animatrix.. oh wait made by the same people!!
The Babysitter - Nice to see SPARTANs and ODST together and relationship between them.
Odd One Out - The best as it didn't have anyhing to do with Halo tongue.gif

So overall I give art a thumbs up, story a shrug...but for marketing, Damn guys... fell on yea face? Make a bunch of Fanboys angry, not bring in many anime fans and make everyone else thing your ripping of animatrix? Smooth tongue.gif

Yes, thats right... I'm that British-Video-Code-Monkey that has more time then sence...

Reaper195 Feb 26 2010, 8:46pm

Finally got a copy. Here is what I think.

Yes, got the idea from JI. Cry, moar...plx.

Prototype - Over all, very average. Story can cry.

The Package - CGI was very shiny if a little bland in places. Story can rot in hell for all I care. Voice acting was....acted. Only good thing I liked about this one really was the epic rolling thunder (running while shooting) scene.

The Duel - Animation was incredibly stylized, story was interesting if a bit cliché. Was the second best out of all of them. Also liked Elites wearing Japanese robes, and female Elites looking like Na'Vi (SP?).

Homecoming - Ugh...this should not have happened. Ever. Characters seemed to c0ontradict everything they were taught in the books/ Spartans taking off helmets STILL ON a hostile planet? Generic anime animation.

Origins - Agree with JI here. Very similar to the Animatrix episode, but a lot less cooler. Shows that humanity needs to be threatened to existence before it stops war-ing with itself. Also proves that humans are idiots, and most except the hippies, dope growers and people that play video games most of the time need to die. Animation was kinda cool, if a bit simple at times.

The Babysitter - Same thing with Homecoming. Spartan contradicted all previous told canon. Plot was average. Forerunners had a planet where they built Japanese temples.

Odd One Out - Favourite one. Animation was rather cartoony, and the second to last five minutes reminded me of Dragonball Z. Spartan 1337 should be in Halo: Reach, only reason I'd get it. Also, watching a Spartan being eaten by a T-Rex is awesome!

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List