Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo: Reach
Disease Dec 27 2009, 4:38pm

Achievements: 15

Just most of everything tongue.gif

-------------------------------
My Livestream Channel

helljumper99 Dec 27 2009, 6:17pm

Achievements: 10

The books never really stated S-III's couldn't be at Reach...

QUOTE(squattingb @ Nov 7 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]205870[/snapback]

I think it's pretty clear that I never take my own advice.

"Zero to asshole in 4 posts? Impressive." -Trance
"But its like a million million years old and the hamster that keeps it going is suffering from a heart attack..." -JoeIce
"I have a special relationship with someone. But it appears like I'm the only one who can see her, and sometimes she convince me to do very bad things..." -Zukan
QUOTE(Psalm 144)
"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me."

yosh1bro Dec 28 2009, 12:49am

Achievements: 0

I don't think that's canon to say they're S-IIIs. Unless some crack job at bungie decided he/she was going to add his/her own speculation/story into it. Which is by all means how bungie declares anything "canon".

Killing has only become more mathematical.

Reaper195 Dec 28 2009, 2:05am

Achievements: 18

You know what Bungie are starting to remind me of? George f**king Lucas, in which any shite written badly by some retarded baby is considered canon. Like how now, Chewbacca (SP?), is officially dead. He died when a moon fell on to him. I mean....WTF!? Now, Bungie seem to both add and ignore random shit, making the books, games and the Halo Wikia three different universes.

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Trumpetman09
Dec 28 2009, 3:09am

Achievements: 25

haha, those guys at the Halopedia Wikia must be going, "WHAT THE FUGGLES!!" every time bungie changes something else in canon....

Things I made and am proud of on Edgeworks and other stuff:
-The Norm Meme
-The first time I was mentioned on the Edgeworks News Post, super cool of Nerrolken to have done this
-I was made a mod February 10th, 2011!

helljumper99 Dec 28 2009, 6:49pm

Achievements: 10

<--quoteo(post=264036:date=Dec 27 2009, 11:49 PM:name=oyoshix)-->
QUOTE (oyoshix @ Dec 27 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I don't think that's canon to say they're S-IIIs. Unless some crack job at bungie decided he/she was going to add his/her own speculation/story into it. Which is by all means how bungie declares anything "canon".<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually, that new guy that starts off that shiny trailer IS an S-III. Like it or not.

How so?

It was confirmed in the trailer.

The little guy walked into the field command outpost, and Jorge (the BIG Spartan) looked over at your guy and says "Didn't think anyone survived Pegasi sir."

Pegasi? The place the S-III's were sent, and slaughtered.

Game over, debate finished. That new guy is an S-III.

Honestly, I don't see what the big problem is. It was never stated there were no other Spartans (II's or III's) at Reach, ever.

QUOTE(squattingb @ Nov 7 2007, 05:56 PM) [snapback]205870[/snapback]

I think it's pretty clear that I never take my own advice.

"Zero to asshole in 4 posts? Impressive." -Trance
"But its like a million million years old and the hamster that keeps it going is suffering from a heart attack..." -JoeIce
"I have a special relationship with someone. But it appears like I'm the only one who can see her, and sometimes she convince me to do very bad things..." -Zukan
QUOTE(Psalm 144)
"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me."

Reaper195 Dec 28 2009, 9:14pm

The problem isn't that we don't if is is an S-III or not. That part, we don't really care about. It's the fact that it was confirmed in the books that everyone was dead, and that Bungie seem to just add

shit in whenever they feel like it, whether it makes sense or not. Holy shit, y'all! I'm typing without looking at the keyboartd while watching csi miami!

Hehehehe....I was distracted by shooting and somehow kept typing. Man, I'm awesome.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

ICANanimations Dec 30 2009, 9:56am

ICANanimations Dec 30 2009, 9:58am

<--quoteo(post=264055:date=Dec 29 2009, 03:14 AM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Dec 29 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The problem isn't that we don't if is is an S-III or not. That part, we don't really care about. It's the fact that it was confirmed in the books that everyone was dead, and that Bungie seem to just add

shit in whenever they feel like it, whether it makes sense or not. Holy shit, y'all! I'm typing without looking at the keyboartd while watching csi miami!

Hehehehe....I was distracted by shooting and somehow kept typing. Man, I'm awesome.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

dude the Halo universe is so full of open holes that a swiss cheese even have much to bite in.

Zukan Dec 30 2009, 10:09am

Achievements: 13

why are their clothes so important? like, let them wear what they wanna wear. It's not like they're gonna look better without them or anything. duuuhh!

Trance Dec 30 2009, 12:05pm

Achievements: 14

I smell hot coffee brewing....

Reaper195 Dec 30 2009, 4:52pm

I'l willing to bet there is already a Halo armour mod in GTA:SA that works when the hot coffee mod is installed......although now I want to find it. And play SA.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Spartan 501 Dec 30 2009, 5:59pm

Achievements: 9

The whole thing with the SPARTAN-III is an easy fix. The main character is a SPARTAN-III, the rest are not. And it doesn't contradict the books at all. From Tom, Lucy, and Kurt's viewpoint, no other S-III's survived TORPEDO, but they have a limited view. Ackerson is well known as being a sneaky bastard, and its quite likely that another S-III survived Pegasi III and was hidden by Ackerson and turned into his personal agent.

Happiness is a deceptive state of mind

--Me, unknown age

Kickass fact of the day. During Operation Desert Storm, US tank commanders attached loudspeakers to their vehicles and blared heavy metal music to frighten the enemy.

Reaper195 Dec 30 2009, 6:53pm

<--quoteo(post=264095:date=Dec 30 2009, 04:59 PM:name=Spartan 501)-->
QUOTE (Spartan 501 @ Dec 30 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The whole thing with the SPARTAN-III is an easy fix. The main character is a SPARTAN-III, the rest are not. And it doesn't contradict the books at all. From Tom, Lucy, and Kurt's viewpoint, no other S-III's survived TORPEDO, but they have a limited view. Ackerson is well known as being a sneaky bastard, and its quite likely that another S-III survived Pegasi III and was hidden by Ackerson and turned into his personal agent.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

But...you...ugh....

The story in game story is not the problem. It's that Bungie are now putting things into a story that they should just leave alone, when there is already a version out there. It's like if Lucas were to remake the original movies....only utterly change them.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

squattingb
Dec 30 2009, 11:02pm

Achievements: 24

Don't you think that Bungie has already planned this out? There's a reason for having the spartan III here, and it wasn't just made up on the spot. I'm quite certain that this has all been planned out ahead of time and it only looks odd to us gamers because we have a limited view.

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Reaper195 Dec 31 2009, 7:40am

I guess. But while that closes one problem, it opens another, being 'limited view'. It feels like they're becoming.....HOLY SHIT! BUNGIE ARE THE WRITERS FOR LOST! It's the only way to explain what they are doing, by keeping everyone in the dark and the only reason people stick around is to see what the f**k is going on! (Or in Halo's case, the multiplayer)

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

ICANanimations Dec 31 2009, 8:44am

<--quoteo(post=264095:date=Dec 30 2009, 11:59 PM:name=Spartan 501)-->
QUOTE (Spartan 501 @ Dec 30 2009, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The whole thing with the SPARTAN-III is an easy fix. The main character is a SPARTAN-III, the rest are not. And it doesn't contradict the books at all. From Tom, Lucy, and Kurt's viewpoint, no other S-III's survived TORPEDO, but they have a limited view. Ackerson is well known as being a sneaky bastard, and its quite likely that another S-III survived Pegasi III and was hidden by Ackerson and turned into his personal agent.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

or maybe a secret group of Spartan IV's have infiltrated to! and all those who survived became ODST's fits the part ODST armour detail.

Zukan Dec 31 2009, 9:44am

Achievements: 13

<--quoteo(post=264102:date=Dec 31 2009, 05:02 AM:name=sbear)-->
QUOTE (sbear @ Dec 31 2009, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Don't you think that Bungie has already planned this out? There's a reason for having the spartan III here, and it wasn't just made up on the spot. I'm quite certain that this has all been planned out ahead of time and it only looks odd to us gamers because we have a limited view.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Well that's what I used to think in the earlier games until they outright admitted in several interviews they made most of it up as they went along. The biggest excuse being "because it looked cooler".

Reaper195 Dec 31 2009, 5:42pm

Yeah, I remember something about that. Not to mention the rumours of the Halo Story bible bollocks only started flying around during development of H3, as far as I can remember.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Aglor Dec 31 2009, 9:31pm

Achievements: 20

No, the Halo Bible has been around. It's just that, unlike those silly Christians, Bungie isn't afraid to change their bible.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List