You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   General   »   Video Games   »   Halo   »   Halo 3: ODST
Reaper195 Sep 8 2010, 9:50pm

Achievements: 18

Problem I had on Legendary (Last week) was getting out with Dare, with all the fudging Drones flying around and constantly raping me a thousand times over, as they seem to keep respwaning out of nowhere. It was like Painkiller on crack on cocaine on meth on epinephrene (SP?).

-------------------------------

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Disease Sep 8 2010, 9:56pm

Achievements: 15

haha. Again, that was easy with the Carbine tongue.gif. Just one (or two) shots to the head and they're down.

My Livestream Channel

Reaper195 Sep 10 2010, 3:19am

Yeah...but then you have a dozen more flying around baying for your balls. In the end, I just speeded the game on Easy again during my recent play through of all the Halo games. And exploring the mutliplayer maps for the lulz.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Nov 28 2010, 1:56am

Achievements: 12

Sor some reason im playing Call of Hal-I mean ODST again. Its odd, it much more fun then i remembered.

idk

especially if there's a repeat of earlier this morning. She left quite happy
-Aglor

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

QUOTE (Disease @ Nov 23 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In Soviet Russia, Ambush Ambushes you!

QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Jan 6 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 was pretty cool. 2 was "WOO! THat one puckered up my butthole!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

grunty_thirst Nov 28 2010, 11:18am

I've been doing the same too actually...partially because I haven't got Reach yet. That in itself is weird for me, but I digress...

I still had a few achievements to grab off ODST, so to speed it up, been playing on Easy lol, good fun not to worry about dying. Had to go through the campaign again to get the kill engineers achv. and I still haven't bothered to get all the audiophiles...may do that tomorrow, then work on the firefight maps 200 000 point achvs...lol

Regardless though, I still like wandering through the streets as Rookie...it's peaceful...

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Reaper195 Nov 28 2010, 12:55pm

<--quoteo(post=273776:date=Nov 28 2010, 10:18 AM:name=grunty_thirst)-->
QUOTE (grunty_thirst @ Nov 28 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Regardless though, I still like wandering through the streets as Rookie...it's peaceful...<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I found that to be the most atmospheric part of the game. Loved wondering around the broken city.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Nov 29 2010, 3:49pm

<--quoteo(post=273776:date=Nov 28 2010, 07:18 AM:name=grunty_thirst)-->
QUOTE (grunty_thirst @ Nov 28 2010, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Regardless though, I still like wandering through the streets as Rookie...it's peaceful...<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah. Until you turn the corner and are facing 2 hunters. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

idk

-Aglor

Woke up, thinking I should lie in bed for ages, and then maybe watch new Stargate Universe. Rolled over and noticed it was ten to eight. "OH FOUR! I mean FIVE! I mean F**K! IT"S THURSDAY, NOT SATURDAY!"

Reapers 10K post
Pff, ten thousand posts...if only I could care about such a thing. For caring about ones' post count is as vain as a vein wanting to pump sterling silver through the body for its own lulz. And we all know how Lulz affects the world. Just look at World War 2. Did you all honestly think Hitler tried to exterminate the Jews because he wanted to crate a master race that even he looked nothing like? I SAY BALLS TO THAT! BALLS TO ALL OF THAT! Balls to so mucyh of that, that this pretentious post has nothing whatsoever in the effects of the global war economy. That's right, I f**king said it, and not when referencing MGS4. Imaginitive ten thousand post mark? I think not....

And also, I demand everyone on the forum to sig-quote that. All of you. Especially you, Geo. You British guy you.

floodrock Dec 2 2010, 11:46am

Found the all Audiologs. The way you find the last one is wierd but cool. Driving around the city in the dark with a moongose is beyond cool.

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

Reaper195 Dec 2 2010, 2:52pm

I wish you got to use some other vehicle. Like a cop car with flashing lights, or even the possibility of breaking into an ancient museum and steealing an incredibly old, and somehow still in working order, 1967 Mustang. That would roooock!

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Zukan Dec 2 2010, 6:41pm

Achievements: 13

or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oDA62sk49Y&t=190

Reaper195 Dec 3 2010, 3:13pm

Holy shit....that is so much win, it powers the friggin' universe.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Dec 3 2010, 4:06pm

<--quoteo(post=274005:date=Dec 2 2010, 10:52 AM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Dec 2 2010, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->I wish you got to use some other vehicle.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
The Ghost is pretty BA.

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

Reaper195 Dec 3 2010, 9:32pm

Yeah, but not during the night levels as far as I can remember.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Dec 4 2010, 2:12am

One. I found it last night. i saw it and then spent the next minute not fireing at it as to hijack it. But as soon as i left that area, it dissappeared. sad.gif

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

Reaper195 Dec 4 2010, 7:00pm

ODST definitely needed more variety during the night scenes. I mean, they were atmospheric as, but there was nothing in it that made me go "OH SWEET!". There was nothing particularly memorable about it. I mean...what would be wrong about needing to climb an entire high rise to get to another part of the city along a massive bridge. Granted, the game was pretty much still an expansion pack....but still...

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

grunty_thirst Dec 4 2010, 9:37pm

I know what you mean...that lack of...something was emphasised when I was going around getting all the audiologs...there was so very little else to look at/do while I was doing that, besides the odd open building and those security doors.

<--quoteo(post=273991:date=Dec 3 2010, 03:46 AM:name=floodrock)-->
QUOTE (floodrock @ Dec 3 2010, 03:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->Found the all Audiologs. The way you find the last one is wierd but cool. Driving around the city in the dark with a moongose is beyond cool.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Finally did that last week...the 29th one i needed pissed me off because i didnt notice the security door, and kept passing it, assuming id already got it, lol

<--quoteo(post=274041:date=Dec 4 2010, 08:06 AM:name=floodrock)-->
QUOTE (floodrock @ Dec 4 2010, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->The Ghost is pretty BA.<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
The ghost is pretty good for the streets...easier to just mow down a patrol then in the mongoose.

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Spartan 501 Dec 5 2010, 2:21am

Achievements: 9

<--quoteo(post=274066:date=Dec 4 2010, 06:00 PM:name=Reaper195)-->
QUOTE (Reaper195 @ Dec 4 2010, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<--quotec-->ODST definitely needed more variety during the night scenes. I mean, they were atmospheric as, but there was nothing in it that made me go "OH SWEET!". There was nothing particularly memorable about it. I mean...what would be wrong about needing to climb an entire high rise to get to another part of the city along a massive bridge. Granted, the game was pretty much still an expansion pack....but still...<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

I think at night the really memorable moments are the ones you make for yourself. I can still remember on my first legendary playlist wandering around the city with a half filled carbine and a needler, scrounging for ammo because I hadn't unlocked any of the caches, and it feeling like a genuine survival game. At one point, I checked my map and saw a Covenant patrol, quickly scouted them, and saw they had a few grunts. Thinking it'd be an easy fight, I went in straight for the kill. Turns out, the patrol was actually 2 grunts, 5 brutes, some jackal snipers, and a pair of engineers. When I turned to run, a couple of hunters came in behind me, blocking my exit. Fighting my way out of that mess was awesome. Though more varied/interesting environments would have undoubtly made it better, I still think it can be pretty memorable all on it's own.

Happiness is a deceptive state of mind

--Me, unknown age

Kickass fact of the day. During Operation Desert Storm, US tank commanders attached loudspeakers to their vehicles and blared heavy metal music to frighten the enemy.

Nick Dec 5 2010, 11:19pm

Achievements: 9

It really did feel like a survival game on Legendary when you come under Jackal sniper fire and have to try to outsmart and kill the sniper while outmaneuvering a Covenant patrol with low health and ammo. It certainly gets intense, that's for sure.

Live from purgatory!

Reaper195 Dec 6 2010, 1:15am

Yeah, but those are more related to gameplay mechanics more than anything. I was more meaning environmental. What would be wrong about dodging sniper fire in an old museum dedicated to old metal music? Or a playground in a school. Something other than bland streets littered with litter and cars you can't use.

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

floodrock Dec 6 2010, 2:04am

Seconded.

idk

-Aglor

Reapers 10K post

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,777 posts across 6,596 threads
in the 12 years, 9 months, and 14 days since our first post.
We have 3,504 registered members.
The newest member is Kindlad1983.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List