You are not logged in. Login - Sign Up
New Thread
Edgeworks Forums   »   Edgeworks Productions   »   Videos   »   Life after Codex
grunty_thirst Mar 14 2008, 9:59pm

Achievements: 15

...hopefully some the crew will actually be here to answer this but...

Just a general question to the wonderful crew of the series;

What are your ambitions for the future? Still keeping in touch with the machinima/filming world? Or are some of you off to follow your own pursuits?

This is partially a question out of my own personal interest, considering I'll be finishing up at school this year, and could go for any advice you guys have for finding out what type of career you want to pursue and such.

-------------------------------
And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
True... but it's grunty_thirst. Anything could happen. - Fish
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Rescudo Mar 15 2008, 5:49pm

I believe they said they were moving on to real life movie making; I'll let them answer it, though.

*lurk*

Reaper195 Mar 16 2008, 12:05am

Achievements: 18

I hope they stick to machinima. Just don't profit from it, and Microfag will pay not much attention. Although being a proper production crew and so forth, if tey go into live action, request movies!

"Help! That sinister looking kid is coming to kill me! Help! HELP!"

Hail to the king, baby!
Always Blow On The Pie

Time waits for no one. So you better get busy living, or get busy dying.

Fish Mar 16 2008, 12:16am

Achievements: 12

I still say Mr. Winn should upload some of the shorts he's made.

Mad_Munky
Mar 16 2008, 11:08pm

Achievements: 0

Nerrolken and Eymber are going into film.
SSTwinrova and Drelnathi are both going into computer science, probably game design.
I don't really know about anyone else's ambitions for the future. and if you want more specific then that you'll have to wait on their responses.

I give it a PWNAGE out of 10 - squattingb
Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

grunty_thirst Mar 17 2008, 3:25am

Cheers Mad Munky, and how about yourself? smile.gif

And the reason I understand the difference between attraction and liking is that I'm a girl. Our brains don't reside in our genital areas. - 64
Because, you know, reminding is the devil, and those who remind often end up in the firey pits of hell. - rearanged
The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp - Terry Pratchett
Check out all the works of art from the Forum members - At The Codex Forums Gallery of Fine Arts
*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Mad_Munky
Mar 17 2008, 2:32pm

I figured I'd leave off the not quite so inspirational "God only knows"

Yeah, guys, I'm going to go ahead and assume he was kidding... Because if he wasn't, he's the most amusing heckler I've yet encountered, and I'd like to keep him on as a jester. - Nerrolken
But today, after wading through 30 posts, each of which were the length of a post-graduate thesis paper, functioned on more levels and with more side-points than I can possibly keep track of, and consisted of the densest material I've ever read regarding machinima criticism, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of brevity! - Nerrolken

Aglor Mar 17 2008, 6:37pm

Achievements: 20

<--quoteo(post=218128:date=Mar 16 2008, 12:16 AM:name=Fish)-->
QUOTE(Fish @ Mar 16 2008, 12:16 AM) [snapback]218128[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Agreed.

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

grunty_thirst Mar 18 2008, 9:58am

<--quoteo(post=218298:date=Mar 18 2008, 05:32 AM:name=Mad_Munky)-->
QUOTE(Mad_Munky @ Mar 18 2008, 05:32 AM) [snapback]218298[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
I figured I'd leave off the not quite so inspirational "God only knows"
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
laugh.gif Well looks like we're stuck in the same boat.
I mean I have a general idea of going into arts/humanities but I'm at a loss as to anything more specific then that.

*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Fish Mar 18 2008, 2:37pm

That's extremely generic.

Nerrolken
Mar 18 2008, 6:48pm

Achievements: 24

Me - I'm at USC Film School, working my way into Hollywood.

Ryan - Studying computer science at the University of Texas at Dallas.

Patrick - Went to Oklahoma City University on a music scholarship (for singing), but then dropped that major and now he's considering becoming an English teacher. I've dedicated myself to convincing him to come to LA with me and become a voice-over actor.

Meghan - Studying film (specifically documentaries) at Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia, although this semester she's studying abroad in Prague.

Jinx - Going to Arkansas University and enjoying the sorority life. She's studying political science and US History, and she wants to be a lobbyist in Washington DC.

Jeff - With Ryan at UTD, studying computer science with an angle on game design. He's thinking about coming to USC for grad school in interactive media.

John - Who the hell knows.

Robert - Within 3-4 months, Robert will have totally fused with his gaming suite, and will no longer require basic human necessities. He will exist as a self-aware gamer profile on XBOX Live.

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken

Thanks to Sneaky and SquattingB for the awesome avatar!

squattingb
Mar 18 2008, 7:15pm

Achievements: 24

Hahahah, sounds great tongue.gif

oooo Prague!!! That must be lots of fun smile.gif

R A W R
~ BEvERages
Kittens!!! More kittens!!!
Fastest 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube solve: 39.70s
Fastest 4x4x4 Rubik's Cube solve: 5m 24.88s

Codex Sponsor
Heretic Sponsor

Mad_Munky
Mar 18 2008, 7:32pm

<--quoteo(post=218468:date=Mar 18 2008, 05:48 PM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE(Nerrolken @ Mar 18 2008, 05:48 PM) [snapback]218468[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
Robert - Within 3-4 months, Robert will have totally fused with his gaming suite, and will no longer require basic human necessities. He will exist as a self-aware gamer profile on XBOX Live.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Within 3-4 months? I thought it happened 3-4 months ago?

I'm also at UTD(with Jeff and Ryan) studying psychology. No idea what I'm gonna do with that but my current plan is to find a job for a year or two then go back to school for an MBA.

Gundam114 Mar 19 2008, 7:33am

Achievements: 8

<--quoteo(post=218468:date=Mar 18 2008, 10:48 PM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE(Nerrolken @ Mar 18 2008, 10:48 PM) [snapback]218468[/snapback]
<--quotec-->

<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats pretty cool plan!

It could be like-

Directed By-

Mr. Alexander Winn For teh Win!

Nabsuh- CGI Artist, Machinimator, Film-Maker

HOWS THIS?

BETTER!! WELL DONE!!

Famous Quotes-
"I should sig-quote that" tb2571989-> Links to my quote.
"Hey McDoogleh! Sig-quote me! Quickly! Just sig-quote this post!" RMcDowell
"Kudos To Mcdoogleh!" Lordstemplar1
"You just got Nerrolkened!" Pretty Much Everyone on the forum.
"Gaia, Love Doctor" Sbear
"awww, thats so sweet!" Geo.c Ghost
"I once dreamt I was awesome. I woke up and it had come true." Trance
"Yeah, I have a question. There's this thing called the W'rkncacnter, and it's kind of terrorizing the universe. Would you mind quickly kicking its ass with your special effects powarz?" Krimsin
"omg, i m sry k?" M4stur Cheef
"Jonathan Quail-" Crossfire
"Food Nippels!" Grunty Thirst
"Yoda teaches PS? Then what's up with the fake lasers?" Zukan
"We wuv pitty gurls" Mcdoogleh
"See ya... Sweetie" Gaia
"Its comeing people" Aglor

grunty_thirst Mar 20 2008, 10:35am

<--quoteo(post=218434:date=Mar 19 2008, 05:37 AM:name=Fish)-->
QUOTE(Fish @ Mar 19 2008, 05:37 AM) [snapback]218434[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
That's extremely generic.
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Well, uh yes, I sorta did say that... dry.gif

Well if you want specifics; I've always had some inner dream to become a fully-fledged artist but thats been looking less and less likely as time goes on. Other art based pursuits might be a conceptional artist; suburban landscape artist, etc, etc.
On the other hand would be pursuing my interest in the Latin language; which could I tie back into the arts I guess...archeology has also been a thought that keeps popping up too...*sigh* I just don't know.

So yeh, 'humanities/arts' may be a broad view on things but that's all I've got. And in a way, (although somewhat frustrating) its good to have that broad view...gives me alot of options to explore, and not have such a narrow vision on my future.
'Sides, I'm not even 18 yet for Pete's sake! Just take it all day by day, and enjoy the time from now up until I make that decision on what I want to do. smile.gif

<--quoteo(post=218468:date=Mar 19 2008, 09:48 AM:name=Nerrolken)-->
QUOTE(Nerrolken @ Mar 19 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]218468[/snapback]
<--quotec-->

Ryan - Studying computer science at the University of Texas at Dallas.

Patrick - Went to Oklahoma City University on a music scholarship (for singing), but then dropped that major and now he's considering becoming an English teacher. I've dedicated myself to convincing him to come to LA with me and become a voice-over actor.

Meghan - Studying film (specifically documentaries) at Hollins University in Roanoke, Virginia, although this semester she's studying abroad in Prague.

Jinx - Going to Arkansas University and enjoying the sorority life. She's studying political science and US History, and she wants to be a lobbyist in Washington DC.

Jeff - With Ryan at UTD, studying computer science with an angle on game design. He's thinking about coming to USC for grad school in interactive media.

John - Who the hell knows.

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->
Hehe, thanks for that Nerrolken.
It was more out of curiosity then anything else but it's great to hear you all (well most of you) are progressing well in your pursuits. smile.gif

And Meghan's in Prague you say? Heh, one of our family friends did some coursework in Prague a little while ago and deeply enjoyed the experience. Hope the same goes for Meghan too. smile.gif

*=,._/~ DevArt! ~_.,=*

Codex Staff Mar 22 2008, 12:48am

<--quoteo(post=218128:date=Mar 15 2008, 11:16 PM:name=Fish)-->
QUOTE(Fish @ Mar 15 2008, 11:16 PM) [snapback]218128[/snapback]
<--quotec-->
<--QuoteEnd-->
<--QuoteEEnd-->

Can't do it. He had to pay for the music rights and the contracts he signed for permission from Cirque du Soleil and the other professional music producer (can't remember who) specified the purchase was only for the year of film fest competition and even then no internet broadcast. Otherwise it would have been prohibitively expensive.

But they are amazing! tongue.gif

:ph34r:

Fish Mar 22 2008, 11:11pm

Aw, sad. But at least that's a good reason...

Aglor Mar 22 2008, 11:41pm

Achievements: 20

Yeah. Now I have to make my way out there if I ever want to see them...

6-2-2010- Last day at the station. It's all over now.

"You go Aglor! Get dat b-day humping!"
-floodrock

"If you get blown up, I don't care"
-General William Sherman

"Only two things are ever constant. Human stupidity and the Universe. And I'm not too sure about the second."
-Albert Einstein

Euclid's Fifth Postulate: So controversial it's almost a theorem!

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
-Marcus Brigstocke

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you.
-Author Unknown

New Thread

Forum Statistics
Members Online (0)
(no users currently online)
Member Birthdays
No members have a birthday today.
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 271,794 posts across 6,606 threads
in the 14 years, 0 months, and 13 days since our first post.
We have 3,569 registered members.
The newest member is Kelderic.
- Top Member List
- Search Threads/Posts/Members
- Moderator List
- Achievement List